Baseball v. Lipscomb (fri)

Over matching teams like this.....looks like he is being brought along at a good pace....we will need him in top form when the real season begins...

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Over matching teams like this.....looks like he is being brought along at a good pace....we will need him in top form when the real season begins...

We're definitely overpowering teams right now, but I'm glad to see it. In the previous few seasons, we would've found ways to lose a few of the games we've won so far. Don't know how great this team is, but it certainly seems to be built solidly enough to be pretty competitive in conference this year. A regional berth seems fairly realistic right now. 

I like the way CBT is assembling his team. I still am a little iffy about his management in close ball games but he definitely has us moving in the right direction. If we can get Josh Anthony's bat on fire and find a solid mid-week starter we're in really good shape 

10 hours ago, boomstick said:

We're definitely overpowering teams right now, but I'm glad to see it. In the previous few seasons, we would've found ways to lose a few of the games we've won so far. Don't know how great this team is, but it certainly seems to be built solidly enough to be pretty competitive in conference this year. A regional berth seems fairly realistic right now. 

We have 3 solid starters..... .after that....not so sure we have guys who can hold a lead against a good team.

Not much power on offense...looks to me like we be riding the three main starters and hoping they stay healthy.

Looking forward to SEC play.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

We have 3 solid starters..... .after that....not so sure we have guys who can hold a lead against a good team.

Not much power on offense...looks to me like we be riding the three main starters and hoping they stay healthy.

Looking forward to SEC play.

A couple of the bullpen arms have been reliable. The midweek games, once again, are going to be an issue. The lack of power is something that I think could also be an issue as the season goes along. It's tough to always have to string hits together to score instead of having a little bit of instant offense. Still, I like the way this team is built and the way they're playing. Like you, I'm ready for SEC play to start.

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

A couple of the bullpen arms have been reliable. The midweek games, once again, are going to be an issue. The lack of power is something that I think could also be an issue as the season goes along. It's tough to always have to string hits together to score instead of having a little bit of instant offense. Still, I like the way this team is built and the way they're playing. Like you, I'm ready for SEC play to start.

Herndon looked good the other day except for the walks...and maybe Coker but  JMO, our second line pitchers should be able to handle the mid-week competition better than we have thus far.....Samford is not a bad team but they just ripped out pitching and we were fortunate to hold them to 7 runs.  

Not sure if we have a "closer" yet...still early and not sure who CBT is trying to put in that position.   Need someone who can definitely throw strikes.....we have a bad history of bringing in a closer who immediately walks the first batter he faces.  

And we can't afford any of the starters to even catch a cold during the season.....haven't seen anyone yet who might be a decent Sunday pitcher from the rest of the staff....but maybe Mitchell?   

Archived