Reuben Foster Booted From Combine

aufan57

Former Alabama Crimson Tide linebacker Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick in the next month's NFL draft, is being sent home from the Indianapolis scouting combine for a heated argument he got into today with a hospital worker, according to multiple sources.

All one NFL spokesman would say was that Foster was being sent home for "personal reasons" and did not want to comment further.

Foster, the top-graded inside linebacker for many teams, was scheduled to go through team interviews on Friday night and testing on Saturday, none of which will happen now, according to sources. Foster is scheduled to fly to home to Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

Foster is recovering from recent rotator-cuff surgery in his right shoulder and was not set to participate in drills at the combine, a league source earlier told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Foster's projected recovery timetable was about four months, the source told Caplan, which is well ahead of the start of training camps in July.

Foster was Alabama's leading tackler last season and a unanimous first-team All-American. He also won the Butkus Award, given to the nation's best linebacker.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18818375/reuben-foster-alabama-crimson-tide-booted-combine-argument

The moronic blockhead has been removed from Saban's behavior monitors.  I don't see his NFL career going well.  

I don't care what kind of behavior he displayed at the Combine don't think for a moment there aren't several NFL teams ready to take him. For crying out loud Lawrence Phillips was a first round pick.

Just saw this. The report I read said his interviews did not go well. It cited Matt Miller who made the claim on Twitter. Frustration maybe?

Fear not.  AL.COM will quickly bring out a syrupy sweet background story that will explain it all away. 

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I don't care what kind of behavior he displayed at the Combine don't think for a moment there aren't several NFL teams ready to take him. For crying out loud Lawrence Phillips was a first round pick.

Exactly.  In true NFL fashion "potential" will almost always outweigh "character". .....sorta like a certain college team that will *COUGH* bammer *COUGH* remain nameless.

quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

quote:
A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

quote:
Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

quote:
That's when the "face to face, heated exchange" happened, as Schefter reported.

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Yep....thuggish behavior probably moved him up a couple notches with some teams....Meanwhile can you imagine his response when some "upper classman" at NFL camp tells him to run out and get pizza for everyone....

He is very lucky the hospital worker was a male. If he had shown the potential to be abusive towards females, he would have instantly become a hot potato with the NFL.

Now here is the question. Are we to assume Foster was an angel for the last four years, never getting into any confrontations, and now, suddenly is a hot head with an inflated sense of entitlement?

Regarding the sense of entitlement, I think that is something that UAT fosters (pun not intended) with its starters. I think they crush it out of incoming recruits, then stoke it once they are in the playing rotation.

My guess is that sense of entitlement is stoked, but it is also made clear to not cop that attitude with "coach". But to think such behavior would not manifest itself with a professor or someone outside the athletic department would be naive.

Looking back at Foster, he always seemed to have a cloud around him. He transfer of high schools was odd. He was kicked out of his official visit to Auburn. Also, don't forget Foster was at Dr. D's Lounge  in Auburn when the triple murder happened, and one of those killed was local Auburn resident, 43 year old Recco Cobb, who had a criminal record, who was a very close friend of the 22 year old Foster. It seems a little odd to drive 3 hours on a Friday night during the school year to hang out in a bar with someone 20 years your senior only to have it end in a shooting spree. That stuff happens when you hang out with the wrong crowd in the wrong bars.

12 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Looking back at Foster, he always seemed to have a cloud around him. He transfer of high schools was odd. He was kicked out of his official visit to Auburn. Also, don't forget Foster was at Dr. D's Lounge  in Auburn when the triple murder happened, and one of those killed was local Auburn resident, 43 year old Recco Cobb, who had a criminal record, who was a very close friend of the 22 year old Foster. It seems a little odd to drive 3 hours on a Friday night during the school year to hang out in a bar with someone 20 years your senior only to have it end in a shooting spree. That stuff happens when you hang out with the wrong crowd in the wrong bars.

Foster had an extremely rough upbringing; stuff like this isn't that surprising.  Personally, the kid stayed out of trouble during his time at Alabama.  This story itself seems a bit overblown, if it causes him to drop I'd bet that whoever actually gets him winds up pretty damn ecstatic once he hits the field.

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Foster had an extremely rough upbringing; stuff like this isn't that surprising.  Personally, the kid stayed out of trouble during his time at Alabama.  This story itself seems a bit overblown, if it causes him to drop I'd bet that whoever actually gets him winds up pretty damn ecstatic once he hits the field.

Saban can get kids out of felony gun charges in Louisiana I am sure he can keep things discreet about what goes down in ttown. There is no way I believe Reuben stayed out of trouble in T town. Saban just hide things really well. Like Tim Williams. Nothing was ever reported about him having a drug problem during all his years at UAT but it is now widely known during this draft process he failed several drug tests while at bama. Saban is the master of keeping things down home cuz! We never heard a peep out of Rolondo McClain at bama he seemed to be a model citizen during his time in west vance but he has been arrested way to many times to count by now. Saban does what is necessary to keep these guys eligible while they are under his roof. What they do after he does not care 1 lick about.

I'm not one normally to engage in schadenfreude (I think it's bad luck), nor wish ill will on other people (particularly after they've left Bama), and recognize that people are products of upbringing and its laudable to break out of that cycle...

But I hope this kid blows it. He might be the only player I can ever remember saying that about.

Small vices, I guess.

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

I'm not one normally to engage in schadenfreude (I think it's bad luck), nor wish ill will on other people (particularly after they've left Bama), and recognize that people are products of upbringing and its laudable to break out of that cycle...

But I hope this kid blows it. He might be the only player I can ever remember saying that about.

Small vices, I guess.

him, yeldon and evans for me. Don't wanna go to Auburn? Fine. Just do not embarrass us and lead us on and make a fool out of us. Even though that last one is probaly 95% his dad.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:20 AM, milehighfan said:

Sure they will. But I bet it will cost him significant money.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:21 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Saban can get kids out of felony gun charges in Louisiana I am sure he can keep things discreet about what goes down in ttown. There is no way I believe Reuben stayed out of trouble in T town. Saban just hide things really well. Like Tim Williams. Nothing was ever reported about him having a drug problem during all his years at UAT but it is now widely known during this draft process he failed several drug tests while at bama. Saban is the master of keeping things down home cuz! We never heard a peep out of Rolondo McClain at bama he seemed to be a model citizen during his time in west vance but he has been arrested way to many times to count by now. Saban does what is necessary to keep these guys eligible while they are under his roof. What they do after he does not care 1 lick about.

Saban has had some bad, bad men on his team for years.  He likes that type of player on his defense though, so he'll continue to haul in the nasty boys with an attitude and a strong intent to hurt someone.  Every coach builds their team their own way I guess.

The 1st thing he needs to do, no matter how much he makes is hire a hair stylist and get rid of the Buckwheat with dreads look. 

Archived