Auburn v Lipscomb (sat)

Just checked the score ....game started early ...but meanwhile Auburn is trailing 2-0 in the 5th....only got two hits thus far and Mize has given up 5 hits and two runs...one of them earned.

Game not on TV...maybe radio somewhere but is on Gametracker for those who just want to know what is going on from time to time.

Been watching a little basketball and checked back to see that AU had closed the gap to 2-1 in the 8th.  Lipscomb comes in and gives up a run in top of 8th and opponents still at bat with runners on first and third....

Jarvis singled and took second on an error by LF.  Auburn leads 5-4, Mcguffin up.  I failed to note earlier there was a pitching change prior to Anthony's AB.

A  nice come from behind victory and  gut check for Lipscomb in the top of the 9th.  Happy for him that he was able to shut it down. 

Well that was a pleasant surprise to see the 5-4 final. Not a well played game and don't feel great about a team like Lipscomb making us sweat it out but a good rally and a little help from the opposition  

Cole Lipscomb got the win in relief....now 2-0 for the season.   I had figured him for a starter this year.....looks like Mitchell will be up for us tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, au302 said:

Mitchell over Davis Daniel? What's up with that 

I don't know ?  ...just a thought....started some last year and I liked what I saw from him....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I don't know ?  ...just a thought....started some last year and I liked what I saw from him....

Yea he's a good pitcher. I was just a little worried that Daniel got hurt or something. I'm fine with him starting

Just now, au302 said:

Yea he's a good pitcher. I was just a little worried that Daniel got hurt or something. I'm fine with him starting

Nah...just remembered that Mitchell had pretty good stuff and had a number of starts last year....figured he would be in line for starting this year though he's only be in relief thus far.

Good early season comeback and win. War Eagle!

Archived