Softball vs Texas State - Game Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fagan grounds to 2nd and it gets through..  Ruled an error.   Veach up and she sends one HIGH and DEEP to left and its GONE......8-1

Auburn has batted around as here comes Crocker that got the inning started after being hit by a pitch.  

Wow....that first run just opened the floodgates.....and as in some past games, pitchers had kept AU under control for a few innings but once the hitters had sized  up the pitcher a bit, the hits started coming.

Crocker grounds to 2nd to end the inning.  After 6 complete, Auburn leads 8-1 after a 7 run 6th inning.  WOW..... Kaylee Carlson in to pitch the 7th.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Auburn has exploded big time here in the 6th... DAMN....

The Texas State ace(?) was dealing until the last couple of innings. She was still in the mid 60s but not hitting her spots. The relief pitcher just wasn't as hard to hit. 

Good call by Coach Myers I think. Martin has been sitting for a long time due to the ump and AU batting around. 

Just now, jared52 said:

The Texas State ace(?) was dealing until the last couple of innings. She was still in the mid 60s but not hitting her spots. The relief pitcher just wasn't as hard to hit. 

That seems to be the norm in college softball. Once you get the starters out (especially the really good ones) most teams don't have the depth to continue shutting down the opponent. 

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Not many pitching "staffs" in softball are more than one deep....if you get to the ace there is usually a big drop off....AU probably on of few with some good pitching depth. 

OOPs...great minds thinking alike...:)

Very happy with the late rally, but kinda wondering what would have happened if the TS coach had left Rupp in? Pulling her didn't work out well. The radio announcer talked a bit about the close relationship between the Myerses and the Woodards (TS coach). Our Scott Woodard is a brother, I believe, of the Texas State HC.

13 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Not fun, but sounds better than a broken arm.

Agreed. Kind of a dumb gestimation on my part on the injury though. I didn't see it, so I was going off how the ump was holding his arm. I never saw any blood. 

Archived