2018 4* OG/C Jalil Irvin commits to AU!!!

ellitor

16 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Says Larry Porter is recruiter on thread.

They both are. Not sure why RIR only pot Porter but I will fix it. Plus Hand did the lions share of the work here. Porter only became the area recruiter a couple weeks ago.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well spoken kid........ O Linemen are always the smartest guys

That's BS all the way. Water Boy requires the smartest guys. I should know....

• Like 3

Great pickup I always love getting great O-Line as I am a firm believer that the O-Line is what makes the O go. War Eagle and welcome to the family.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well spoken kid........ O Linemen are always the smartest guys

Definitely get a good feeling about what's going on between his ears. Big personality, I'm guessing. Getting guys like this committed early seems like a big positive for recruiting. Deshaun Davis was one of those guys. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, thaitopher said:

Herb Hand undoubtedly our best recruiter on the offensive side of the ball. 

I actually think that Coach Porter will become our best recruiter for offensive players. Hand has proven he can get the job done of no doubt. Coach Hand and Coach Porter no doubt are a lethal combination that will bring home some of the best players in all of college football. I cannot wait to see all of the talent that these coaches bring in starting now.

WDE & WDC!

Colonel Maximillian, King of the Corgis, cannot wait until the  2017 season starts. He has promised me that we will have a 10-2 record or even better, and might  be treated to a run at the NC.

• Like 1

I love the way this guy stays on his blocks; he has high energy and a very good motor. He will still need to grow a bit and add at least 20 pounds. Stephenson is a very good program in GA. They play a tough schedule. I am very pleased with this commitment. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Auburn Family, Jalil. Hopefully Jalil will help us recruit other 4 * and 5 * guys.

Edited by auburn4ever

One other point on getting Jalil. With Kirby trying to close off GA from outside schools, this early 4 star get says we will fight them and others for recruits we want. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFDTiger80 said:

One other point on getting Jalil. With Kirby trying to close off GA from outside schools, this early 4 star get says we will fight them and others for recruits we want. 

Nice idea but Jalil was not a priority for UGA.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They will be saying that about every single player in Georgia that goes elsewhere, no matter if he's Superman 2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

E you are definitely more in the know than I am but that seems like they would be going after him more.  All CKS has talked about is that his OL has been small and they have to get bigger and stronger.  This kid fits right in the mold of what he wants.

18 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

E you are definitely more in the know than I am but that seems like they would be going after him more.  All CKS has talked about is that his OL has been small and they have to get bigger and stronger.  This kid fits right in the mold of what he wants.

They have other targets higher on the board. There are 3 interior O linemen in Georgia ranked higher than Jalil & UGA leads for the top 2 of them.

• Like 1

Auburn OL commit talks Tigers

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. — Check out a Stephenson (Ga.) practice and you’ll find college coaches from all over the place.

Stephenson is known for producing multiple Division I prospects every year. Auburn reaped the benefits of the Jaguars’ talent-rich tradition last recruiting cycle when the Tigers landed underrated safety Carlito Gonzalez. Auburn, once again, found a Stephenson connection in 2018 with 4-star offensive line commit Jalil Irvin.

Irvin isn’t the only gifted player at Stephenson, but he’s a big reason why the high school’s practices are filled with college scouts.

Ohio State, Minnesota, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida and Mississippi State are just a few of the programs that stopped by the Stone Mountain, Ga., school to check out Irvin during the evaluation period.

Don’t worry, Auburn.

“I’m just being cordial with them,” Irvin told SEC Country. “They know. I’m really all Auburn. I’m really focusing on them. But I’m just talking to them because you never know what could happen with a coaching staff or something like that. I’m just being cordial and respectful.”

DSC_0319_ojt4zz.jpg
Auburn OL commit Jalil Irvin has received visits from elite programs such as Florida and Ohio State in Stone Mountain, Ga. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Irvin’s primary focus this spring has been fine-tuning the little things — his footwork, his punch, his stance. Those are all topics Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand has brought up in his conversations with Irvin since the offensive lineman committed earlier in the year. As Irvin has worked on those specific skill sets, he’s started to get a better idea of where he projects at the next level.

He’s listed as the No. 16 offensive guard in the nation (per 247Sports composite rankings), and guard is where virtually all programs have recruited him.

Irvin is fine with that, but he actually thinks — with some extra work — he fits better elsewhere on the offensive line.

“I’ve been recruited at guard, but I actually think I’d be better as a center. Once I get down there with Coach Hand, I feel like he’ll be able to maximize what I can do there. You know, I’m a little bit undersized. I feel like I have a little bit of dog in me,” Irvin said. “If I go to center, I think I’ll be perfectly fine.”

Aside from that, Irvin’s main focus has been recruiting other prospects to Auburn.

He’s mentioned Dylan Wonnum in the past as an offensive lineman he’d really like to join him on the Plains. Richard Jibunor said last week that a tag team of Joey Gatewood, Shaun Shivers and Irvin has made him feel especially wanted at Auburn. So, Irvin is doing his part as a recruiter.

He has a relatively standard answer, with a more personalized story, for why fellow recruits should choose the Tigers.

“I say family environment. Family environment because coach [Gus] Malzahn, the first time I met him, his wife was in there. I still remember to this day, they were playing Arkansas. I was talking to my mom and his wife. I’ve been to a lot of colleges, and nobody really does that,” Irvin said. “It’s a real family. A lot of colleges talk about it, but they’re a real family environment.”

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Title updated. Jalil is a 4*.

With this news, plus Worm and Sherwood, GWill may have had an orgasm 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Na. Just seeing stars...

micky90.gif

• Love 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4034759

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

My pick for most underrated of our commits.  I think he will actually have a legit shot at becoming our next center.  

You think he could pick up the reads and calls quickly enough to be center as a true freshman? I still think Kaleb Kim wins the job, Jalil redshirts, then starts as a sophomore after Kim leaves.

Edit: However, I'll be happy with whomever the coaches deem best. 

Edited by Rednilla