‘I Can Deny It’: Former Director of National Intelligence Says No FISA Wiretap Court Order Against Trump

Auburn85

http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-can-deny-it-former-director-of-national-intelligence-says-no-fisa-wiretap-court-order-against-trump/

In the wake of the firestorm created by President Donald Trump taking to Twitter to accuse his predecessor of wiretapping his phones at Trump Tower prior to the election, the former Director of National Intelligence appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press to swat back the explosive allegations.

Host Chuck Todd asked ex-DNI James Clapper — who served in that position from 2012 until early this year — if he would have been aware of former President Barack Obama ordering an illegal wiretap of Trump.

“I would certainly hope so,” Clapper responded. “I will say that the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw — the DNI — there was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the president-elect at that time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign.”

Todd pressed him on whether he would know if other agencies like the FBI would have requested a FISA court order for a wiretap to which Clapper said “yes.”

“At this point, you can’t confirm or deny whether that exists?” Todd asked.

“I can deny it,” the former DNI forcefully responded back. He added that there is no FISA court order at Trump Tower, to which Todd expressed genuine surprise.

30 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

That conflicts with other sources. 

Which ones? 

Clapper has lied at least once under oath in testifying to Congress. Why weren't there screams for him to step down like is being done to Sesions, and why should I believe him now? He should recuse himself from further public comment on this matter.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Which ones? 

Mark Levin. Says the Obama admin twice tried to get a wire on Trump. First one was denied, but the second one was more narrow, and they got it. Pretty detailed info he gave too, so i"m more inclined to believe him than " I can deny it " from a former director. 

Archived