Anyone remember this game???

augolf1716

Yep. First IB I have memory of (aside from 2001, but just when Caddy was carted off the field).

I kind of wish more IBs were at night. Obviously CBS gets first pick, and even on years when they have to pay to get more than five games of one team, they'll generally pony up.

Fun stuff. I was there. After Cadillac took it to the house I began jingleing my car keys and asking uaters in our section if they were ready to go home...

One of my favorite games that I attended. Spent most of the day eating and watching games at a business office at Toomers. Walked to the stadium and sat on the 50 lower level. First play of the game Caddy took it to the house. Rolled Toomers after the game.  As for football, it does not get much better than that.

I was in college.  I went to the laundry room down the hall in the dorms to get a load washing. As I am walking back down the hall, I see the Crowd in JH going crazy on the TV in the dorm across the street as Cadillac is stepping into the endzone. I couldn't believe I missed the play live. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I was in college.  I went to the laundry room down the hall in the dorms to get a load washing. As I am walking back down the hall, I see the Crowd in JH going crazy on the TV in the dorm across the street as Cadillac is stepping into the endzone. I couldn't believe I missed the play live. 

why in the heck weren't you at the game. Doing laundry.....you should be ashamed

I was there, sitting in the Alabama section. I'd been to the last two Iron Bowls at JHS sitting in the Bama section, and we lost, so it was particularly sweet how quiet it got right about the time Caddy turned the corner up the sideline.

We dropped a TD pass right before halftime. Tuberville's comment to the sideline reporter at the half: "This just ain't been my year". Held on and won, setting the stage for '04.

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

I kind of wish more IBs were at night. Obviously CBS gets first pick, and even on years when they have to pay to get more than five games of one team, they'll generally pony up.

They can't show a team more than 5 times in a season.

Always liked when Ron Franklin was doing the play-by-play.  And then Carnell going 80 yards untouched on the 1st play -- that was a great game.  

There are some details you keep to yourself.  How about...I went to my buddy's room to grab a beer and missed the play.

That was my first IB as a student.  Was a surreal experience watching Caddy take it to the house on the first play.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

why in the heck weren't you at the game. Doing laundry.....you should be ashamed

If I was in school at Auburn, I would agree ?

That was a great game!

That's the same year we switched the forum software to the current format from phpBB due to, ummm, security problems.

:au:

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

They can't show a team more than 5 times in a season.

In 2015, they paid ESPN the fee needed to show the IB. They had previously shown their games vs. Georgia, TAMU, Tennessee, LSU and MSU. Verne had his moments but CBS will be a lot better with Nessler. Have they announced who's going to replace Nessler as Blackledge and Rowe's partner? They've been my favorite crew by a wide margin.

Preacherman: And 10 years later, the best last play! How poetic.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:45 PM, augolf1716 said:

Since its a little slow why not take a look at a blast from the past............

After Jetgate - How would the course of Auburn History have been changed if Petrino had been hired the night of Jetgate and Tommy fired after beating bammer?

20 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

Only other play that gives me the chills like that is the Lutz Iron Bowl TD catch

If only you could have been to the 89 Iron Bowl. Never be a game like that one again. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If only you could have been to the 89 Iron Bowl. Never be a game like that one again. 

Damn straight still give me chills.

Archived