Heron named to All-SEC Freshman team

Tiger

Congrats to our very own Mustapha Heron for being named to the All-SEC Freshman Team! I know we were hoping for more guys to be named to this particular team but big time props to Mustapha for earning the honor and being our most consistent player from start to finish this year. He also has the AU freshman record for most games scoring in double figures -- I believe he only had one game in which he didn't score in double digits. That is remarkable for a true freshman. WDE, Moose!

LINK: http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Mustapha-Heron-named-to-All-SEC-freshman-team-51648407

Very nice honor for Heron. And well deserved. Hard to find guys that you can count on to go get double digits every night. Hopefully next year we see 25 point games instead of 15 point games :) 

Herron should have been a shoo-in for this team. Surprised we don't have a few more mentioned somewhere.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Herron should have been a shoo-in for this team. Surprised we don't have a few more mentioned somewhere.

I mean... the other guys on the list are no slouches. 

All-Freshman Team
Braxton Key, Alabama
Mustapha Heron, Auburn
Bam Adebayo, Kentucky
De'Aaron Fox, Kentucky
Malik Monk, Kentucky
Lamar Peters, Mississippi St.
Grant Williams, Tennessee
Robert Williams, Texas A&M

Wiley is really the only other freshman that may have received consideration, but his shortened season probably prevented him from getting on the list.

Archived