Baseball vs Kennesaw State

AU in the lead at bottom of 3rd by 1-0 score courtesy of an RBI double by Blake Logan in the first. .  

Corey Herndon pitching today and off to a good starts....just got here in the 3rd but assume he was the starter.

Aside from the experienced Thompson, Lipscomb and Mize,...Herndon looking like our next best option.  Has done well in several relief appearances already this year.

3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Actually,Daniel pitched the first two innings. 1H, 1 SO, no walks. 19 pitches.

Thanks ...just noticed that when I saw that Herndon had only about 25 pitches.   Daniel apparently did a nice job....needed that as a confidence builder and pitching against a pretty good hitting team. 

Meanwhile, Herndon gave up a hit but stranded the runner....some good defense helping him out.

Well stepped away for a quick household task and AU added two more runs...and now up 3-0 at the bottom of the 5th.  Tigers  at bat with no outs in the inning and Holland leading off the inning. 

Herndon still in the game in the 8th...may be earning himself a spot as a starter....had some control problems in previous games but today has done a very good job keeping runners off the bases ....until the top of the 8th. 

Unfortunately has two runners on...single and a walk and CBT is going out to talk with him and Cole Lipscomb is warming up.

BT leaves him in ....oops....another base hit and bases are loaded with only one out...and that does it.   A very good outing for Herndon and I expect we will see more of him in the future. 

So Lipscomb comes in with some work to do....needs to get out of the mess....AU still leading 4-0 at this point. 

Dang...Lipscomb gives up a single to left and two runs score...charged to CH....so score is now 4-2.

Dang again....another single through the infield into right and another run scores and we now have runners on 3rd and first and still one out....and only a one run lead.

CL has absolutely blown it...three straight singles and Herndon's great work has gone down the drain in less than ten minutes.   Still one out...tie game and two runners on....

Sorry for my negativity....was shocked to see that 4 run lead disappear in moments...but a nice rally to take the win.  Kennesaw is no pushover ....a pretty good win and one we needed.  Interesting that Lipscomb got the win and Herndon got tagged with the three runs that scored after he left the game.

So while Herndon did not get the win....he deserved it....very nice pitching effort by him and encouraging for the future.

Final..Auburn wins 6-4

Now ...on to some softball.

A good night for AU sports fans tonight. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry for my negativity....was shocked to see that 4 run lead disappear in moments...but a nice rally to take the win.  Kennesaw is no pushover ....a pretty good win and one we needed.  Interesting that Lipscomb got the win and Herndon got tagged with the three runs that scored after he left the game.

So while Herndon did not get the win....he deserved it....very nice pitching effort by him and encouraging for the future.

Final..Auburn wins 6-4

Now ...on to some softball.

A good night for AU sports fans tonight. 

That's OK 64 I understand....we just need another QV Lowe

Archived