Stidham off to fast start

aubiefifty

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Idiotic . 

Call it what you want, but what in particular did I post that you found wrong? Stidham having a strangle hold on the starting job? Woody by all reports looking severely impressive and having all the reasons for being the backup? Sean peaking? 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

"challenge Sean White" Sean is being CHALLENGED by Woody for the backup, and likely losing right now. I love what Sean did when he wasn't hurt but the man has clearly hit his ceiling in terms of what he's capable of and Woody/Jarrett are only rising. At some point talent just beats out capabilities, especially when both are in the same system and giving as much effort as they can.

I'd be very surprised if Woody ever started at AU. Sean is a far more talented QB than Woody.

JS

SW

Woody

Willis

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'd be very surprised if Woody ever started at AU. Sean is a far more talented QB than Woody.

JS

SW

Woody

Willis

This

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Call it what you want, but what in particular did I post that you found wrong? Stidham having a strangle hold on the starting job? Woody by all reports looking severely impressive and having all the reasons for being the backup? Sean peaking? 

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yes Woody has talent but he is still struggling with his approach on and off the field.

Several people, including WDEwde think Willis will be higher on the QB chart than Woody after spring practice. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, augolf1716 said:

After the last two years your damn right I'm excited with having JS on our side

Although I am happy we have Stidham, is this just another case of Gus winning with borrowed talent? Cam?  Marshal?

6 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Although I am happy we have Stidham, is this just another case of Gus winning with borrowed talent? Cam?  Marshal?

He's got 3 years of eligibility remaining, if that changes your perception.

As for me, I don't care how he gets his QBs, as long as they're good kids. I don't really see a moral, strategic or philosophical problem with it. There doesn't seem to be a ton of value in a kid riding the pine and "learning the system" for 2-3 years anymore, especially when there's a great chance that "the system" will change on him before he gets his shot. 

5 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I see what your saying, but I don't care as long as we win. If Malzahn can win with well coached quarterback play, then all we need is a qb coach.

Stidahm bridges the gap between Lashlee and chip having time to get his guys ready. 

Just now, tigerfangs said:

I see what your saying, but I don't care as long as we win. If Malzahn can win with well coached quarterback play, then all we need is a qb coach.

Stidahm bridges the gap between Lashlee and chip having time to get his guys ready. 

Well, my question is, is Stidham a short term solution to a long term problem?  Or did hiring Lindsey correct the problem?  Some will say there never was a problem.  I just wanted an opinion.

Is Stidham bridging the gap for Lindsey until he can develop Barrett, Malik, or the other quarterback no one ever mentions..........................................

I will wait to see. My opinion is if players are coached well enough other places to be plug and win guys here, then let's get the coaches that get our players to that level. Hoping that is Lindsey. 

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Well, my question is, is Stidham a short term solution to a long term problem?  Or did hiring Lindsey correct the problem?  Some will say there never was a problem.  I just wanted an opinion.

I would say:

1) There was a problem. We acknowledged that by hiring Lindsey.
2) We don't know if hiring Lindsey corrected the problem, but he represents a clear attempt to correct it. 
3) Stidham was the best quarterback available in this past recruiting cycle. He's got 3 years of eligibility left. I don't think he really represents anything other than a major recruiting win. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I would say:

1) There was a problem. We acknowledged that by hiring Lindsey.
2) We don't know if hiring Lindsey corrected the problem, but he represents a clear attempt to correct it. 
3) Stidham was the best quarterback available in this past recruiting cycle. He's got 3 years of eligibility left. I don't think he really represents anything other than a major recruiting win. 

4)  the media campaign to future QB recruits hits an upbeat note as soon as possible to them.  SOP

3 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Just got to hope it all works out

5 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I hope this is the case. See 2010 and 2013.

5 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Who cares? Nobody will if we win the NC, but to answer your question it is somewhat like that. However, with CRL on board, this trend should end. But like I said, if borrowed talent gets us to the NC then I am all for it.

8 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Here's to hoping our upcoming QB stable is stacked, and that CCL is a good QB developer. Possibly solve both problems all at once. Have to wait and see I reckon. I'm glad CGM is making (what looks like) a real attempt to repair what looks like very tangible issues. 

Archived