Post game

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That season ended abruptly. Improvement in the record but blowing big leads seems to be this teams mark for 2016-2017. 

Just now, autigeremt said:

That season ended abruptly. Improvement in the record but blowing big leads seems to be this teams mark for 2016-2017. 

I don't think I've ever seen a team blow as many late game leads in basketball as auburn did this year

Nailed it.  I wish you had been wrong but kudos.

the way this has been going feels like a buzzer beater for the win for mizzou.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I don't think I've ever seen a team blow as many late game leads in basketball as auburn did this year

And the fix is really as simple as calm down.

BP needs to take a hard look at himself in the mirror tonight. God, this is the most Auburn thing ever. Tear down the arena. damn

GOD AWFUL...NO ONE COVERS PURYEAR...ABSOLUTELY NO BLOCKING OUT FOR REBOUNDS...HARPER FOREARMS HIS WAY THROUGH A PRESS FOR AN OFFENSIVE FOUL TO GIVE MIZZOU THE BALL...PITIFUL...I'M NOT BUYING WHAT BRUCE WILL TRY TO SELL...

This loss is a big stain on a really underwhelming season. No excuse. Mizzou wanted it. AU did not. Played to not lose. Lost. Just a pathetic showing. AU needs to turn in their jerseys and take a couple of months off to think about this loss and the way they finished this season. The CBI isn't going to fix what's broken with this team. They need time away and time to refocus and hopefully draw some work ethic from the unbelievably terrible finish to the season that started with much promise. This team failed in a lot of ways, and they shouldn't be rewarded with postseason play.

How about we just take a page out of the UAB football playbook and self-impose the Death Penalty in bball? This season has gone skidmarking down the toilet bowl since the UGA home chokejob way back in the first SEC conference game. Bruce did a terrible job with this team. A bunch of individual players that he allowed to refuse to play together, refuse to be mentally tough, and refuse to play anything closely resembling defense in 2nd halves of games. We just lost to a 7 win team with an effing lameduck loser coach. Hey Bruce, learn to coach again, make the tourney, don't choke away 60% of the season, or go back yapping behind an ESPN bar-height desk.

I'm not one to blame coaches but at this point in the season having your PG just stand out and dribble until under 10 seconds on the shot clock isn't good offense.  Move the ball around the full 20 seconds and then get into your play in offense.  Plus never any timeouts when we need a set play.  Oh well on to next year.  

Auburn finished the season fittingly - like crap.  They don't deserve to be in any tournament.  Worst effort I have seen in a long time.  They don't communicate, they make stupid fouls and unforced errors, and lose to the worst team in the SEC.

How many times did Auburn give up leads this year with a couple of minutes to go?  This is a highly undisciplined team.

1 minute ago, 1913-14 said:

GOD AWFUL...NO ONE COVERS PURYEAR...ABSOLUTELY NO BLOCKING OUT FOR REBOUNDS...HARPER FOREARMS HIS WAY THROUGH A PRESS FOR AN OFFENSIVE FOUL TO GIVE MIZZOU THE BALL...PITIFUL...I'M NOT BUYING WHAT BRUCE WILL TRY TO SELL...

everything you just said has nothing to do with coaching...  players gotta lookin the mirror.  this was on them.

Everyone is saying the players didn't want it, and I do agree, but I can't believe people say that coaching isn't part of it. Why is Rojo not on the floor when Harper is missing free throw after free throw? Why don't we get  the ball to Danjel, who happens to be one of the best free throw shooters in the conference if not the nation. Headscratching. I like BP, I'm upset like everyone but I will stay on the train for another year, but if he doesn't instill toughness, discipline, and defense to these kids and fix his staff then I'll have issues

1 minute ago, Altima said:

everything you just said has nothing to do with coaching...  players gotta lookin the mirror.  this was on them.

ARE YOU KIDDING? WHO BUILDS AND MOLDS THE TEAM...BLOCKING OUT IS NOT COACHED?...DRIBBLING THROUGH A PRESS INSTEAD OF PASSING ISN'T COACHING?...BE UNDISCIPLINED ON DEFENSE AFTER 30+ GAMES...

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Nailed it.  I wish you had been wrong but kudos.

the way this has been going feels like a buzzer beater for the win for mizzou.

I just felt we blow them out by 20 again or they win a close game. no in between. 

Archived