2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Like seeing Kam in a non-contact Jersey... makes you question the "he's in trouble" storyline a little. Of course seeing Kerryon makes one feel less enthusiastic, but hopefully it's just precautionary.

Also love that Asa is sporting the Carl Lawson look of seriousness on his face.

I had the same thought. KP has been on the field during all of our games all season long - doesn't strike me as someone who is in trouble. I can' t think of any other player Gus has let stand on the sidelines who ultimately got dismissed from the team. 

33 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I had the same thought. KP has been on the field during all of our games all season long - doesn't strike me as someone who is in trouble. I can' t think of any other player Gus has let stand on the sidelines who ultimately got dismissed from the team. 

Unfortunately, I can... our last top running back to be sent packing.

Good piece in al.com on our incoming defensive backs......some good sized guys and much needed with 4 (or maybe 5)  of our DBs leaving.   I won't link it but it's easy to find for those who are interested. .

I appreciate what everyone does here. That being said, I liked it better when mods had a thread showing signed players and we still posted in each players thread. I have thumbed through the two open threads looking for info on specific recruits. Just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

I appreciate what everyone does here. That being said, I liked it better when mods had a thread showing signed players and we still posted in each players thread. I have thumbed through the two open threads looking for info on specific recruits. Just my opinion. 

The guy that did that wasn't a mod, he just did it for a hobby. It was said he entered grad school or something similar and no longer had time. At least that's how I recall it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I honestly believe that front 7 could all play some as freshman. Marsh is the only one I'd question, but the other 6 DL/LB could play right now.

Why couldn’t Marsh? 

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why couldn’t Marsh? 

marsh will play from day 1 on special teams like @aujeff11 said. I personally do not think he will ever make a contribution on defense but we do not need him to with all the studs we have on that side of the ball now!!!! Special teams is where we need some physical FREAAAAAAAAAAKS like mr marsh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why couldn’t Marsh? 

He can. Marsh may well be in the rotation at LB in 2019, after special team and mop-up duty in '18. An injury here or there and he could be out there at LB much earlier. However, with what we have coming back, it's hard to see any freshman getting a whole lot of snaps at LB in '18.

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

marsh will play from day 1 on special teams like @aujeff11 said. I personally do not think he will ever make a contribution on defense but we do not need him to with all the studs we have on that side of the ball now!!!! Special teams is where we need some physical FREAAAAAAAAAAKS like mr marsh.

He’ll make a contribution after his Freshman year. Silly to think the leading tackler this past season, a huge football IQ, and legit speed wouldn’t make a contribution on our defense.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I personally do not think he will ever make a contribution on defense...

I highly disagree.  He might not be the cornerstone, but, IMO, he is the kind of player that every championship team is built with. Smart, tenacious, and hungry. I'll take that every day.  He is a Herring clone.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Still hating on Will Hastings, huh? ;D

On 12/22/2017 at 12:51 PM, AUDevil said:

What ended up happening with Jibunor?  Did he end up signing or is he now waiting until Feb?

SIAA but February. He's adimant on signing at his school with friends & classmates there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

SIAA but February. He's adimant on signing at his school with friends & classmates there.

Honestly good for him.  I think these guys are getting pushed so had rto hurry up to get to the League they cannot enjoy themselves.    Being an adult sucks ? so enjoy your youth as long as u can.  

Edited by lala
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Still hating on Will Hastings, huh? ;D

YES!!! I gave him his due praise after the first few weeks of the season but he has been ghost for awhile now!!! See what happens when you give people compliments?! haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

YES!!! I gave him his due praise after the first few weeks of the season but he has been ghost for awhile now!!! See what happens when you give people compliments?! haha

Make that two years in a row that his production disappeared down the stretch. Unsettling.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Make that two years in a row that his production disappeared down the stretch. Unsettling.

Y'all might be overstating the difference a little. Also, if he goes from 2-3 big plays a game to forcing the defense to focus on him, consequently opening up opportunities for other guys and the offense in general, then great. Crazy that he stayed as/more productive than NCM, though.

Seriously, though. How do you look at a guy with Marsh's high school production, call him a physical freak, and then say we don't need him on defense? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y'all might be overstating the difference a little. Also, if he goes from 2-3 big plays a game to forcing the defense to focus on him, consequently opening up opportunities for other guys and the offense in general, then great. Crazy that he stayed as/more productive than NCM, though.

Seriously, though. How do you look at a guy with Marsh's high school production, call him a physical freak, and then say we don't need him on defense? 

This was last year:

The remaining 10 games of the season, however, Hastings caught just three passes for 26 yards and did not see the field in wins at Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Hastings admitted this spring that he "kind of fell off" after his surprisingly hot start to the year.

This year, he only has 4 catches post LSU, with 16 prior to and during LSU.

I didn’t say that about Marsh. I doubt we do need him on defense this year though. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I said that! how dare you give jeff credit for something he did not say!! It is moreso because we are loaded at defense for the next several years baby!!!!! It will be very tough for him crack the rotation and be a difference!!! PLUS I am a star whore in recruiting. If I do not see any stars by their name then it is a no go for me!!! hahhaa and yes hastings absolutely has disappeared lately. RIGHT after I ate my crow!!!! I BLAME THIS ON YOU LOOF!!!! Ryan Davis though :bananadance:

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This was last year:

The remaining 10 games of the season, however, Hastings caught just three passes for 26 yards and did not see the field in wins at Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Hastings admitted this spring that he "kind of fell off" after his surprisingly hot start to the year.

This year, he only has 4 catches post LSU, with 16 prior to and during LSU.

I didn’t say that about Marsh. I doubt we do need him on defense this year though. 

Yep. The Marsh thing was Gwill.

As for this year, he went from just over 2 catches a game to just under 1. That's not exactly disappearing. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. The Marsh thing was Gwill.

As for this year, he went from just over 2 catches a game to just under 1. That's not exactly disappearing. 

Well he said himself that he fell off last year, so...

Also, averaging less than one reception a game and not recording stats against Georgia 2x isn’t disappearing? Anything less than one is basically doing nothing. 

Are you saying he didn’t make an impact early on?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well he said himself that he fell off last year, so...

Also, averaging less than one reception a game and not recording stats against Georgia 2x isn’t disappearing? Anything less than one is basically doing nothing. 

Are you saying he didn’t make an impact early on?

I will be sure never to again make the mistake of saying that you overstated something a little bit. The guy went from producing some to producing a little. That is not disappearing by any definition. Settle down.

As for last year, you are the only one who has mentioned it.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

for last year, you are the only one who has mentioned it.

Because (ahem) he went from 2.6 catches in first three games to 0.3 after and because said player admitted he fell off. And I was talking to somebody else about it. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That is not disappearing by any definition. Settle down.

If you don’t consider a player dropping off to less than 1 reception per game disappearing, I’d hate to know what you consider disappearing. I’m not sure why you’re telling me to  settle down either. I’m not the one trying to browbeat the definition of disappearing. 

Anywho, I’m done with the conversation. Too doo loo

• Like 1