2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

How does the transfer of two redshirt freshman, Jackson, DL & Character, DB, along with Williams, RB not qualifying, affect Auburn's recruiting board for 2018?

8 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

How does the transfer of two redshirt freshman, Jackson, DL & Character, DB, along with Williams, RB not qualifying, affect Auburn's recruiting board for 2018?

Means it's a reasonable guess that we take another DT, S, & closer to the max of 25. Not sure yet Allaric to juco will mean we take a 3rd RB.

5 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

4* RB Asa Martin just tweeted, "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT AT 1:15, STAY TUNED... "

A top _ list, or announcing when he'll announce, or that he's in an all star game... I bet it will be HUGE. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A top _ list, or announcing when he'll announce, or that he's in an all star game... I bet it will be HUGE. 

Hmmm, its BIG CAT WEEKEND... This could be a great start!  Come on ASA!

30 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

He could have made the announcement in the time it took to type that he was making an announcement.

45 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

It's going to be him just announcing his Top 3. Likely AU, Bama, & Florida.

movealong.gif

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

It's going to be him just announcing his Top 3. Likely AU, Bama, & Florida.

Most likely... he is saying here in town he will announce before the Fall Season starts. 

1 minute ago, aufootball1 said:

Most likely... he is saying here in town he will announce before the Fall Season starts. 

Yup & Bama likely leads right now.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

2 for 3, baby!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

I take it the answer is "no."

They are expected to be on the horizon.

Do we have anything on this og Jerome carvin posted?  Saw we were on his top ten list

Edited by toddc

20 hours ago, aufootball1 said:

Sorry, but did Auburn miss out on 5-Star WR Devonta Jason because we didnt offer?  

Currently, no one has missed out on anyone.  Per 247, and most articles I've read, we have offered. He's committed to Kansas, which no decent football player would chose over, well, anyone, so I'd say he's still fair game... if we want him and he has any interest in us there's still plenty of time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he committed just to get a little peace. All of that being said, most signs are pointing to him flipping to LSU when he decides that Kansas was a bad idea.

I should add, if he likes Lawrence and the atmosphere around KU, then Auburn probably doesn't have a shot. They are night and day different.  Lawrence is a VERY liberal, bordering on hippy, town. That's a far cry from Auburn, which was named the most conservative school in the country.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Currently, no one has missed out on anyone.  Per 247, and most articles I've read, we have offered. He's committed to Kansas, which no decent football player would chose over, well, anyone, so I'd say he's still fair game... if we want him and he has any interest in us there's still plenty of time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he committed just to get a little peace. All of that being said, most signs are pointing to him flipping to LSU when he decides that Kansas was a bad idea.

I should add, if he likes Lawrence and the atmosphere around KU, then Auburn probably doesn't have a shot. They are night and day different.  Lawrence is a VERY liberal, bordering on hippy, town. That's a far cry from Auburn, which was named the most conservative school in the country.

Something fishy is in the water. Sounds like Kansas is adopting Ole Miss's recruiting strategy.

The people who named Auburn the most conservative school in the country clearly never visited Liberty University (aka Falwell U).

Edit: And that post puts me at 2,000. :hellyeah:

Edited by thaitopher

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

The people who named Auburn the most conservative school in the country clearly never visited Liberty University (aka Falwell U).

It was The Princeton Review, so take it for what it's worth.  Also... I miss-stated. It is the "most conservative student body" no the most conservative school.  I guess there are a lot of hell raisers who's parents send to Liberty thinking it will keep them out of trouble.  In any case, if KU's student body was named anything it would be "most likely to show up to class stoned".

6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Sounds like Kansas is adopting Ole Miss's recruiting strategy

I doubt Kansas is cheating.  If you read the story, he and his buddy both committed on a recruiting visit. He also already dropped out of the recruiting scene, once, because it was overwhelming him. Once the "what?" factor wears off, being committed to Kansas is a great way to fly under the radar.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I guess there are a lot of hell raisers who's parents send to Liberty thinking it will keep them out of trouble.

This.

I dated a Samford girl for a minute. She was not conservative. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This.

Yea... I read somewhere that religious schools have a much higher incidence of alcohol related issues, pregnancy, etc because parents are dumb enough to think that the school will do all the work of keeping their kids from doing dumb things. It probably also has to do with rebelling against the strict codes of conduct that most of those schools have.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Something fishy is in the water. Sounds like Kansas is adopting Ole Miss's recruiting strategy.

Edit: And that post puts me at 2,000. :hellyeah:

I think his mentor and high school coach was hired by Kansas. Happened over a year ago. 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think his mentor and high school coach was hired by Kansas. Happened over a year ago. 

I think you are thinking about Tony Hull.  Hull coached at Warren Easton. Jason goes to Landry-Walker.  Still he is from New Orleans and he is the reason they even looked at Kansas.

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This.

Was she a law student?

I like to sip coffee in the student union between classes, and the juxtaposition between the conversations being held at tables populated by divinity students, and the conversations held by law students is far more entertaining than it should be. 

I'm a Christian, but I like to humor myself by eavesdropping on the conversations of conservative, affluent and earnest young believers contemplating the application of theology to their lives. "But what does it look like to love a homosexual???" Meanwhile, the female law students at the next table are gossiping loudly about a rumor involving another female student, a professor, and all the things they may or may not have been caught doing in the library one night. 

I'll digress, because I do appreciate that those people are at least spending their time contemplating how to display the love of Christ in this world, and we were all naive and idealistic at some point. There's no doubt that I am a young, naive and idealistic law student. 

Edit: sorry for injecting religion and/or completely unrelated material to this thread. So here's this: Kansas is the worst program in the Power 5. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1