2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Keith posted on Twitter that we have a major offensive target visiting this weekend but the article is behind paywall...? I just want the name..

Go to Anthony Scwartz's profile page & I think you will see him tagged in that article.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor any info on this guy?  His stature is pretty dang good and looks very athletic.  Could see him as a Buck.  Why is his rating so low?  Thanks for any info

http://247sports.com/player/caleb-johnson-46039296

No clue. TBH I only pay attention to guys that Keith & JLee write about. Even though he has an AU offer he hasn't been discussed. Also I think Jibunor is the top target at that OLB/Weakside End Buck position.

Just now, ellitor said:

No clue. TBH I only pay attention to guys that Keith & JLee write about. Even though he has an AU offer he hasn't been discussed. Also I think Jibunor is the top target at that OLB/Weakside End Buck position.

Interesting.  Surprised the lack of talk of a player his size in the Columbus area.  

If you go to his twitter feed he posted the c/o '18 top 10 OLBs and he was higher than Q.Walker

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor any info on this guy?  His stature is pretty dang good and looks very athletic.  Could see him as a Buck.  Why is his rating so low?  Thanks for any info

http://247sports.com/player/caleb-johnson-46039296

If I remember (and see my neighbor) I'll ask for you. ? He's a head football coach here (not at Northside) so I imagine he knows the kid. My husband and I always like to hear about the coaches and players he gets to meet. 

Now I'm wondering where @ClaytonAU goes to church! 

17 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

If I remember (and see my neighbor) I'll ask for you. ? He's a head football coach here (not at Northside) so I imagine he knows the kid. My husband and I always like to hear about the coaches and players he gets to meet. 

Now I'm wondering where @ClaytonAU goes to church! 

Currently serving and attending North Highland Church! I'll be going to ministry school there in the Fall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Go to Anthony Scwartz's profile page & I think you will see him tagged in that article.

Ahh...The track star...Not bad ?

After all the complaints about the media guide cover, everyone should give props for the official offer mail out cover pics! I saw several other schools cover pics and AU outshines them all! Well done media department.

• Like 1

So I see we offered Ben Sims that is currently committed to Baylor. Looks like someone we could use and for TE to be a priority with Chip Lindsey, I would think we would be doing a better job of recruiting them since that T. Hopper kid is not showing much love to us.

5 hours ago, toddc said:

After all the complaints about the media guide cover, everyone should give props for the official offer mail out cover pics! I saw several other schools cover pics and AU outshines them all! Well done media department.

Agreed. The offers looked VERY good in comparison with everyone else. 

20 hours ago, toddc said:

Did you see offer letters from ECU?  Pretty cool  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-ecus-scrolls-are-the-perfect-way-to-offer-scholarships-to-future-pirates/

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 7:56 PM, ellitor said:

The facilities aren't incredible compared to other schools. If you were to rank SEC facilities AU would be in the lower half of the conference.

As for what gives, it has been stated countless times & rings true. We have to win big this year to be able to win on some big targets. The staff is being negatively hammered on the recruiting trail and the effects of that hammering will not lessen until we win big. Recruits are waiting to see if the staff can buy some security with a big season. Ask me again after the LSU game then I'll tell ya know if I'm worried about the class or not. Right now though the class's fate relies heavily on what happens on the field.

With the rate of our ticket prices you would think we have been sitting on the college football throne for the past 10 years ?.

Absolutely no excuse for Auburn to not have top notch facilities. Really no excuse for us to have eight 3 star players this early into the recruiting process. I understand things are hard but damn.

I have faith we'll get 8-10 wins and look impressive doing it. Recruiting will inch its way into the top 10 like we have come accustomed to.

• Angry 1

7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Of our 11 commitments, we have (6) 4-stars and (5) 3-stars.

Math, I like it. 

the other school just got a commitment from a 2 star.  he was immediately reevaluated  and made a 4 star by rivals.

now if we can mix in a couple of 5 stars and an every down running back.  I will be satisfied. 

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

are you sure

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Math, I like it. 

What's the worry, that's like.....35 stars. 6x4=24, 3x5=15, 24+15=39.  That's what I said 39 stars. 

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We can only have 11 players on the field at a time.

• Haha 2

Didn't you hear, Auburn stop recruiting as hard on the last 14 commits? Our answer to why we keep coming in second. With the early signing period, Gus and the staff need to stop d1cking around