2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

AU has dished out a couple offers. I'm going to wait to see where they are on the staff's board before creating threads on them.

Hope this commitment is the start of a big weekend!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, ellitor said:

The facilities aren't incredible compared to other schools. If you were to rank SEC facilities AU would be in the lower half of the conference.

As for what gives, it has been stated countless times & rings true. We have to win big this year to be able to win on some big targets. The staff is being negatively hammered on the recruiting trail and the effects of that hammering will not lessen until we win big. Recruits are waiting to see if the staff can buy some security with a big season. Ask me again after the LSU game then I'll tell ya know if I'm worried about the class or not. Right now though the class's fate relies heavily on what happens on the field.

Hey Ellitor....what are the facilities we are lacking or are behind on with other SEC schools?  I thought we have been spending a lot of $$$ in recent years to upgrade our facilities to be on par with the top schools in the SEC.. What do we need to be on par or better than our competitions?

Just now, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor....what are the facilities we are lacking or are behind on with other SEC schools?  I thought we have been spending a lot of $$$ in recent years to upgrade our facilities to be on par with the top schools in the SEC.. What do we need to be on par or better than our competitions?

There is a facilities thread in the football forum going for over 2 years that has been discussed ad neasseum on the matter. I'm not going to discuss it in the recruiting thread. To answer your last question though upgrades in nearly everything.

Just now, ellitor said:

There is a facilities thread in the football forum going for over 2 years that has been discussed ad neasseum on the matter. I'm not going to discuss it in the recruiting thread. To answer your last question though upgrades in nearly everything.

thanks! It sounds like we are trying to hit a moving target that seems to move faster than we can reload and fire at.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

thanks! It sounds like we are trying to hit a moving target that seems to move faster than we can reload and fire at.

Others are using rail guns while we are using a blunderbuss

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Blunderbuss: excellent word and an even better nickname for JJ.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Committable offer or backup plan?

There's No publicly known CB targets to backup to as far as AU being in a good spot with but still may be a contingent offer.

4 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Committable offer or backup plan?

Like the length and the lineage!

Put Rosegreen on the field now! He might literally rip someone's head off.

I got to get me one of those white AU football shirts, it makes Josh Marsh and Jamari Brown look huge and ripped. It would make look like a monster...............Wait they are huge and that shirt would just make me look like Chris Farley in a little coat. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

that made me laugh...................

"an action or way of doing something regarded as lacking in subtlety and precision."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

that made me laugh...................

"an action or way of doing something regarded as lacking in subtlety and precision."

Also, one heck of Huge barreled cannon that has a wooden stock attached. ???

• Like 2

On Luke Ford we have been listed as a favorite, along with bammer. Any chance of getting this guy?

Edited by ellitor

8 hours ago, dabrasco said:

On Luke Ford we have been listed as a favorite, along with bammer. Any chance of getting this guy?

We are a distant 3rd at best for Luke right now behind Bama & UGA.

Edited by ellitor

On 7/22/2017 at 1:26 PM, WarTim said:

Also, one heck of Huge barreled cannon that has a wooden stock attached. ???

Golf knows what one is... they were all the rage when he was a kid.

• Like 4

It looks like the recruiting on the D side has really picked up recently. We want 2-3 safety's we have 1 Smoke and Sherwood probably tomorrow. LB we want 2-3 we have one with Harris and I am not sure if Josh Marsh counts as an LB or safety ot the Hybrid Star but is a great addition and TWill is working hard. We still need 1-2 CB's so that is still an area of concern. We need 2 DT's we have one in NewKirk and we need 2 DE's and we don't have any. I would be worried about D-Line but every year people complain we don't have any quality D-Line and in the end Garner surprises us and we end up doing great.

My biggest concern right now is on O and that is OT we want 4-5 O-Line we have 2 OG's and most of the ones I have seen we are pursuing seem to be OG's. Hand has a great reputation as a recruiter so I will give him the benefit of the doubt but would really love to see a quality OT commit. 

Overall I am feeling much better with this class. Coaches are really stepping up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am not sure if Josh Marsh counts as an LB or safety ot the Hybrid Star but is a great addition and TWill is working hard.

Both

59 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we have 2 OG's

1. Staff is looking at Irvin as a Center right now.

Could someone put a list together or is there one out for all recruits we're seeking that commit within a few weeks and which will wait til our season?

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Could someone put a list together or is there one out for all recruits we're seeking that commit within a few weeks and which will wait til our season?

There's not a list but it's simple

Sherwood tomorrow
Fields potentially August
Asa August 24th
Joiner who knows
Pierce after season
Seth Williams waiting a while
Ross after season
Matthew Hill any day now but been that way for 6+ months
Tyneil Hopper tweeted today he's still open
Dylan Wonnum not sure since he got his dream offer from FSU
Trey Hill late in or after season
Coynis pushed back recently
Jibunor could be soon
Zakoby could be soon but maybe not

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's not a list but it's simple

Sherwood tomorrow
Fields potentially August
Asa August 24th
Joiner who knows
Pierce after season
Seth Williams waiting a while
Ross after season
Matthew Hill any day now but been that way for 6+ months
Tyneil Hopper tweeted today he's still open
Dylan Wonnum not sure since he got his dream offer from FSU
Trey Hill late in or after season
Coynis pushed back recently
Jibunor could be soon
Zakoby could be soon but maybe not

Thanks all I wanted

Keith posted on Twitter that we have a major offensive target visiting this weekend but the article is behind paywall...? I just want the name..