2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

Will Matt Canada leaving LSU open up any recruiting for AU?

So we have 25 spots correct? Does that mean we only have 4 spots left? I've seen a lot of players throughout the forum pretty highly rated that it looks like we have a shot against.

Do we plan on dropping someone if we can get a better option? I don't condone that but there seems to be a few players we have a shot at that would be better than a current signee.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

So we have 25 spots correct? Does that mean we only have 4 spots left? I've seen a lot of players throughout the forum pretty highly rated that it looks like we have a shot against.

Do we plan on dropping someone if we can get a better option? I don't condone that but there seems to be a few players we have a shot at that would be better than a current signee.

Fuqua might grayshirt, which would open up a spot. Also, many are questioning the solidity of Matt Hill's commitment.  But yes, as of now we have 4 more spots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Fuqua might grayshirt, which would open up a spot. Also, many are questioning the solidity of Matt Hill's commitment.  But yes, as of now we have 4 more spots. 

I suppose if we have to lose a recruit WR wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd trade that for a lineman 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I suppose if we have to lose a recruit WR wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd trade that for a lineman 

We don’t want to lose Hill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

We don’t want to lose Hill. 

Yes! idk about you I want to stop the trend of losing kids who are auburn fans.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Do we plan on dropping someone if we can get a better option?

Gus doesn't do that.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

there seems to be a few players we have a shot at that would be better than a current signee.

Signees are signees for a reason. They can't be dropped.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

We are recruiting Fuqua at Safety not WR.

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes! idk about you I want to stop the trend of losing kids who are auburn fans.

Kids now a days are fans of a lot of schools most often. Not a predominant one like we do.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Kids now a days are fans of a lot of schools most often. Not a predominant one like we do.

hill is different. he was raised a AU fan. not like daron payne who fits the profile you are talking about with what he said in interviews about being a auburn "fan".

• Like 1

Cam is a very good athlete from Park Crossing. Committed early to play quarterback at Missouri but has no reopened his recruitment. Good size 6' 195lbs with pretty good speed. For sure safety prospect but may can play corner. Probably someone to look at if Fuqua's shoulder makes him grayshirt and we swing and miss on all the other big name guys.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Cam is a very good athlete from Park Crossing. Committed early to play quarterback at Missouri but has no reopened his recruitment. Good size 6' 195lbs with pretty good speed. For sure safety prospect but may can play corner. Probably someone to look at if Fuqua's shoulder makes him grayshirt and we swing and miss on all the other big name guys.

We are recruiting Cam as a CB. He still does not have an AU offer but the OV is interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't know much about him. Does he project somewhere in a defensive back 7?

his neck is the stuff legends are made of loofy!!!! brock lesnar would be jealous of this neck! lol 

r.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

his neck is the stuff legends are made of loofy!!!! brock lesnar would be jealous of this neck! lol 

r.jpg

But can he do a moonsault all the way across the ring and totally miss the target and land on his face but still make it look rad AF?!? CAN HE, GWILLY??!?!?

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But can he do a moonsault all the way across the ring and totally miss the target and land on his face but still make it look rad AF?!? CAN HE, GWILLY??!?!?

with a neck like that?! 

anything-is-possible-gif.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

ALSO WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! hello wrasslin historian alert! lol

• Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

ALSO WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! hello wrasslin historian alert! lol

One of my best friends got me into it during that era. He got me to watch Beyond the Mat and I was hooked. I haven't watched in years- just can't ever get into it when I try- but I looooved it for awhile there. Even went to Smackdown in Birmingham one time.

Btw, I must apologize, it was a shooting star press...

star1.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One of my best friends got me into it during that era. He got me to watch Beyond the Mat and I was hooked. I haven't watched in years- just can't ever get into it when I try- but I looooved it for awhile there. Even went to Smackdown in Birmingham one time.

Btw, I must apologize, it was a shooting star press...

star1.gif

you are just full of suprises loof!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you are just full of suprises loof!

WHAT?!?!?

(Last story. Went to a small house show from some regional promotion at a bar in ATL a couple years ago. Mostly hipster kids there to have a laugh. Some dude is on the mic doing his heel schtick and I start with the Stone Cold "whats". He was annoyed at first but then it caught on and it was probably the most juice any of them got all night.) 

Can we chant "Goldberg" every time Taylor is on the field??