2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

WHAT?!?!?

(Last story. Went to a small house show from some regional promotion at a bar in ATL a couple years ago. Mostly hipster kids there to have a laugh. Some dude is on the mic doing his heel schtick and I start with the Stone Cold "whats". He was annoyed at first but then it caught on and it was probably the most juice any of them got all night.) 

Can we chant "Goldberg" every time Taylor is on the field??

hahahahaha you started the chant?!?!? MUCH RESPECT LOOF!!!! your life story gets better and better!!! OF COURSE WE CAN!! I would be disappointed if we did not! lol

• Thanks 1

Since our recruiting class is likely to finish outside the top 10 (on 247 at least), I hope it's not an indicator that with UG's rise our recruiting is being drowned out. Asa and Shaun don't seem as impressive a haul as UG's two RB signees.

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I know the two UGA got are awfully good. But I remember a RB who came to Auburn about 40 years ago not many people heard of by the name if Joe Cribbs.

I remember the World once getting a one star recruit from a little town not many people had heard of, called Bethlehem.  He turned out ok.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I remember the World once getting a one star recruit from a little town not many people had heard of, called Bethlehem.  He turned out ok.

Sweet!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Sounds legit. Can’t wait to hear about him on Sundays.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Since our recruiting class is likely to finish outside the top 10 (on 247 at least),

It's more likely than unlikely in the top 10 after NSD at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

anyone that can make water into wine is a 5 star recruit in my eyes

Not to mention the miraculous things He could do inside the medical tent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I know the two UGA got are awfully good. But I remember a RB who came to Auburn about 40 years ago not many people heard of by the name if Joe Cribbs.

From the huge city of Sulligent, Al. I believe 

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You are absolutely correct. James McKinney was also from Sulligent.

Found this for sale on Amazon

James McKinney Football Card (Auburn Tigers) 1989 Collegiate Collection #188

https://www.amazon.com/McKinney-Football-Auburn-Collegiate-Collection/dp/B01156WF32

Edited by aufan57
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I met a person from Sulligent, once...

...ONCE. 

(Up near Guin and Gu-Win, right? Lawdy, we used to laugh every time driving from Montgomery to Memphis and back.)

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I met a person from Sulligent, once...

...ONCE. 

(Up near Guin and Gu-Win, right? Lawdy, we used to laugh every time driving from Montgomery to Memphis and back.)

I have one of my best friends lives in Sulligent. Played golf there a few times

• Like 1

Speaking of defensive backs…

For Auburn, I expect this to be one of the more fascinating positions to follow this next month.

There the elite long shots, such as Campbell above, or Kelvin Joseph, who recently committed to LSU. There are other high-caliber 4-stars who could emerge and take official visits such as Olaijah Griffin. And then there are the in-state prospects who seem to have made calculated de-commitment decisions with Auburn specifically in mind.

Two in that last category will head to Auburn for official visits this weekend.

Park Crossing (Ala.) athlete Cam Taylor will be on an official visit, as will former South Alabama commit Roger McCreary. Auburn continues to monitor and evaluate both. How many defensive backs Auburn attempts to take and what effect all of that will have on the commitment status of Kolbi Fuqua is unclear.

But Taylor and McCreary are high on the interest list for Auburn if the elite-of-the-elite targets go elsewhere.

They won’t be the last.

CD Daniels qualifies, and he’s expected to take an official visit later this month. All of this in-state evaluation adds intrigue as junior college options appear to have dwindled. As Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports first reported, JUCO corner Benjie Franklin won’t officially visit anymore. Another junior college corner who had been in contact with Auburn told SEC Country last month that the Tigers were more likely to go the high school route than the junior college route.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And then there are the in-state prospects who seem to have made calculated de-commitment decisions with Auburn specifically in mind.

Are you saying that we have some commits who may de-commit? Or is this the other way around? Just needing to clear up some muddy waters!

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are you saying that we have some commits who may de-commit? Or is this the other way around? Just needing to clear up some muddy waters!

I read it as the other way around.  The kids de-committed with AU on their mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I read it as the other way around.  The kids de-committed with AU on their mind.

who are we talking about? What teams are they de-commiting from?  Thanks, the old Doc just wants it straight in his feeble mind!

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

who are we talking about? What teams are they de-commiting from?  Thanks, the old Doc just wants it straight in his feeble mind!

Roger McCreary de-committed from South Alabama in hopes of getting an offer from Auburn. Not sure who or if Cam Taylor de-committed, but he is hoping for an AU offer as well. To date, no player committed to AU has changed his mind.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Roger McCreary de-committed from South Alabama in hopes of getting an offer from Auburn. Not sure who or if Cam Taylor de-committed, but he is hoping for an AU offer as well. To date, no player committed to AU has changed his mind.

Believe Cam was committed to Mizzou.

• Thanks 1