2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

On 6/12/2017 at 10:35 PM, toddc said:

Do we have anything on this og Jerome carvin posted?  Saw we were on his top ten list

Don't have anything on him because we don't know if he is a major target for AU & Top 10 lists pretty much mean nothing.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, aufootball1 said:

Sorry, but did Auburn miss out on 5-Star WR Devonta Jason because we didnt offer?  

He's a 4* on the composite & we offered. If he has the grades no way Kansas keeps him.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This.

I dated a Samford girl for a minute. She was not conservative. 

That could be a good thing in some ways.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Was she a law student?

I like to sip coffee in the student union between classes, and the juxtaposition between the conversations being held at tables populated by divinity students, and the conversations held by law students is far more entertaining than it should be. 

Not sure, but she was definitely not a divinity student. 

There's no doubt that I am a young, naive and idealistic law student. 

Here's to you being a force of positive change before you become a jaded old fart. 

Edit: sorry for injecting religion and/or completely unrelated material to this thread. So here's this: Kansas is the worst program in the Power 5. 

Carry on, my wayward son. 

• Like 1

Hey, My daughter is an Auburn grad and a Samford (Cumberland) Law School grad. she is married and I know all the guys she dated so I know it wasn't her. She is conservative but I have found that most kids at law schools are not.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Hey, My daughter is an Auburn grad and a Samford (Cumberland) Law School grad. she is married and I know all the guys she dated so I know it wasn't her. She is conservative but I have found that most kids at law schools are not.

You've got a lot to be proud of, sir. And no, there is no sarcasm or joke in there, lol. Very nice work, fam. 

41 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Hey, My daughter is an Auburn grad and a Samford (Cumberland) Law School grad. 

tenor.gif

41 minutes ago, bg5 said:

she is married and I know all the guys she dated so I know it wasn't her. 

Oh, thank God. I've heard about his escapades. Soccer players aren't to be trusted (communists and such). 

I think, for purposes of full disclosure, that @McLoofus should share the contents of his black book with the board, so that we can all conduct further "research" into this matter. 

As to kids at law school, I think it depends on the school. At Cumberland, I would argue that the majority of students are conservative, but certainly far to the left of the general student population. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think, for purposes of full disclosure, that @McLoofus should share the contents of his black book with the board, so that we can all conduct further "research" into this matter. 

While interesting and well illustrated, it is woefully brief. I think it's the Encyclopedia Golf-tannica that you really want to sink your teeth into. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

While interesting and well illustrated, it is woefully brief. I think it's the Encyclopedia Golf-tannica that you really want to sink your teeth into. 

Now you're talking - that's some free love, numbered volumes, Wilt Chamberlain type ish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Now you're talking - that's some free love, numbered volumes, Wilt Chamberlain type ish. 

Sorry couldn't resist.....now back to the recruiting thread

• Like 2

Just read a thread where folks were lamenting about how we haven't garnered the commitments and why. Some are feeling distraught, myself included.  

I think I am taking a new position: THIS IS THE YEAR that Auburn flips some commitments from other teams.  Yeah, slow start in recruiting, but we are gonna scare the hell out of some D Coords.  And after our 3 game road trip, we will on the inside of the top 5!   Those kids that were thinking the staff is 'this or that' are gonna see they were mislead.  "I actaully pity those teams we are going up against.  We're gonna grab'em by the nose and kick them in the ass!  We're gonna run through them like crap through a goose."

WDE,  "that is all."

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Just read a thread where folks were lamenting about how we haven't garnered the commitments and why. Some are feeling distraught, myself included.  

I think I am taking a new position: THIS IS YEAR that Auburn flips some commitments from other teams.  Yeah, slow start in recruiting, but we are gonna scare the hell out of some D Coords.  And after our 3 game road trip, we will on the inside of the top 5!   Those kids that were thinking the staff is 'this or that' are gonna see they were mislead.  "I actauLly pity those teams we are going up against.  We're gonna grab by the nose and kick them in the ass!  We're gonna run through them like crap through a goose."

WDE,  "that is all."

Word to Big Bird on that!!

19 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I think I am taking a new position: THIS IS THE YEAR that Auburn flips some commitments from other teams.  Yeah, slow start in recruiting, but we are gonna scare the hell out of some D Coords.  And after our 3 game road trip, we will on the inside of the top 5!   Those kids that were thinking the staff is 'this or that' are gonna see they were mislead.  "I actaully pity those teams we are going up against.  We're gonna grab'em by the nose and kick them in the ass!  

WDE,  "that is all."

I'm not worried til we start losing a good number of top targets to other schools. I think recruits and schools in generral are being slower on commitment due to feeling out the new recruiting rules.

We're gonna run through them like crap through a goose."

Really didn't need that visual in my head.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really didn't need that visual in my head.

It's part of a movie quote   A few folks might recognize it   ?   Makes the point    Memories of 2004 are coming to mind   

31 minutes ago, Beaker said:

It's part of a movie quote   A few folks might recognize it   ?   Makes the point    Memories of 2004 are coming to mind   

Patton great American General

• Like 5

In the world that we live in today, perception is reality. We are currently #52 in team recruiting. And no, I don't care that it's June. And no I don't care that Alabama is #55... we're not Alabama. Alabama could be in the top 5 by the end of the weekend if they wanted to.

Get Tank Jenkins, Alfred Thomas, and Matthew Hill on board next week and start getting some momentum! If we get higher ranked prospects to commit later in the process, then we can drop any one of these guys on down the road. But for now they are 4* prospects that would give us a boost and improve our perception.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

In the world that we live in today, perception is reality. We are currently #52 in team recruiting. And no, I don't care that it's June. And no I don't care that Alabama is #55... we're not Alabama. Alabama could be in the top 5 by the end of the weekend if they wanted to.

Total rankings don't matter as much as rating per recruit.  AU's average of 89.06 which is a 4* average & 16th in the nation. We obviously have to pick up on that a bit. We will get our numbers just like everybody else. We just have to pick up the pace a bit on the caliber recruit we are landing. Chill with the melting. It doesn't do any good. The football season will spell the ultimate fate of this class so let's let some of it play out before jumping over the ledge.

Get Tank Jenkins, Alfred Thomas, and Matthew Hill on board next week and start getting some momentum! If we get higher ranked prospects to commit later in the process, 

Thomas is not a target right now.

If we get higher ranked prospects to commit later in the process, then we can drop any one of these guys on down the road.

You know good and well Gus & Co. don't operate like that

• Like 2

On 6/22/2017 at 3:00 PM, Beaker said:

I think I am taking a new position: THIS IS THE YEAR that Auburn flips some commitments from other teams.  Yeah, slow start in recruiting, but we are gonna scare the hell out of some D Coords.  And after our 3 game road trip, we will on the inside of the top 5!   Those kids that were thinking the staff is 'this or that' are gonna see they were mislead.  "I actaully pity those teams we are going up against.  We're gonna grab'em by the nose and kick them in the ass!  We're gonna run through them like crap through a goose."

WDE,  "that is all."

Thank you, General Patton

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, ellitor said:

Because opther than getting an AU offer last year that article is the only time Cook has been mentioned with AU and this was not from an AU reporter.

Cook just decommited from FSU. With us pushing hard for Fields and Ross, can go for the Tri-Fecta with Cook? Or is Pierce a better fit? 

18 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Cook just decommited from FSU. With us pushing hard for Fields and Ross, can go for the Tri-Fecta with Cook? Or is Pierce a better fit? 

Doesn't matter. Cook is all dawg.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doesn't matter. Cook is all dawg.

Wow. GA just got Zamir White and Cook is all dawg? They have not won a NC since 80' and a SEC title since 05 (played in the championship game in 11 and 12 loosing both). Yet seem to pull great talent year in year out even with bad years. Same can be said for LSU. I will never understand recruiting. 

41 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Wow. GA just got Zamir White and Cook is all dawg? They have not won a NC since 80' and a SEC title since 05 (played in the championship game in 11 and 12 loosing both). Yet seem to pull great talent year in year out even with bad years. Same can be said for LSU. I will never understand recruiting. 

LSU got theirs from in state talent. UGA is getting theirs from the highly publicized college career Gurley recently had. It's not about getting to the natty although it does not hurt. It's about getting national pub for your skill players either by being in the natty hunt or Heisman hunt. Plus for the Dawgs, former AU great Del McGee is their RB coach & easily 1 of the 10 best recruiters in college football right now.

• Like 1

I read that James Cook has de-commited from Florida State. This has to help our chance of signing him.

Edited by auburn4ever

all georgia.