2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Are we in play for any of FSU decommitments? One cb and two others , 2 4*s and one 3*

Decommits for what?

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Decommits for what?

Saw on Twitter that three FSU players have decommited tonight on B/R

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Saw on Twitter that three FSU players have decommited tonight on B/R

Yeah. I looked later. We are full at 2 of the positions & the other is at a position of need but I've never heard about him on our CB board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. I looked later. We are full at 2 of the positions & the other is at a position of need but I've never heard about him on our CB board.

That’s why you make the “big bucks”, or not!

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hopefully, Mullen can steal him from the Mutts and we wont have to face him. 

Would still have to face him in 2019.

• Sad 1

Lindsey was in ATL visiting Emory Jones today. EJ was on campus for the UGA and Bama games. I know we've been recruiting him and have discussed a 2nd QB for this class, so don't know if this has anything to do with JG or not.

10 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Lindsey was in ATL visiting Emory Jones today. EJ was on campus for the UGA and Bama games. I know we've been recruiting him and have discussed a 2nd QB for this class, so don't know if this has anything to do with JG or not.

Nothing at all to do with JG. The staff wanted to take a 2nd QB all along if they found a 2nd QB they felt good about since we only have 2 schollied QBs on roster right now.

• Like 1

Anybody have an idea of how may we can take in this class with the early enrollees? By my count, we will have 17 open scholarships with seniors leaving and the two available from last year. We have a few players that will leave for the draft, and I believe we have 7 players planning on enrolling early. 

5 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Anybody have an idea of how may we can take in this class with the early enrollees? By my count, we will have 17 open scholarships with seniors leaving and the two available from last year. We have a few players that will leave for the draft, and I believe we have 7 players planning on enrolling early. 

25. There are no EE count backs available. Everybody will count to the 2018 Initial Scholly Counter lot. We didn't have any available spots from last year. Remember all transfers including grad transfers count to the yearly new scholly limit just like a high school enrollee does. Dunn & Bell count in 2017. As of now 8 are enrolling early.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

25. There are no EE count backs available. Everybody will count to the 2018 Initial Scholly Counter lot. We didn't have any available spots from last year. Remember all transfers including grad transfers count to the yearly new scholly limit just like a high school enrollee does. Dunn & Bell count in 2017. As of now 8 are enrolling early.

That makes sense. I couldn't remember if the GTs were handled differently. Who is the 8th? I have:

Joey Gatewood 

Asa Martin 

Shedrick Jackson 

Josh Marsh 

Dequan Newkirk 

Jamien Sherwood

Christian Tutt

Edited by boomstick

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

That makes sense. I couldn't remember if the GTs were handled differently. Who is the 8th? I have:

Joey Gatewood 

Asa Martin 

Shedrick Jackson 

Josh Marsh 

Dequan Newkirk 

Jamien Sherwood

Christian Tutt

Smoke.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Where there's Smoke, there's fire (Tuesday Weld). 

Did you say Tuesday Weld ... oh my

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aufan57 said:

image.png

I was hoping it wouldn't take someone too long to come up with some photos.

Just now, AUMASTERS said:

I was hoping it wouldn't take someone too long to come up with some photos.

Have them bookmarked ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

image.png

Wow.  That brings back memories of a teenage boy growing up in the 60's.  I had a huge crush on her.  She was a stunner.

1 hour ago, saminbama said:

Wow.  That brings back memories of a teenage boy growing up in the 60's.  I had a huge crush on her.  She was a stunner.

I grew up in the 80s and never heard of her until recently on this site and I have a huge retroactive crush on her. 

• Like 1

Our class seems to be struggling here at the moment, with possible negative news on Trey Hill, Kayode Ugly and Emory Jones. We also don't seem to be in it with any real five stars down the stretch. Hope we can turn it around.

• Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Our class seems to be struggling here at the moment, with possible negative news on Trey Hill, Kayode Ugly and Emory Jones. We also don't seem to be in it with any real five stars down the stretch. Hope we can turn it around.

That georgia loss was huge. It halted our surging momentum that we had which was more than anyone in the country at the time the way we were reeling in recruits. Unless a big suprise happens I do not think we will get a 5 star this class. We have a lot of 4 stars though. That is how fragile our house of cards is as far as recruiting. No team had more to win or lose coming in to this season as far as recruiting than we did. 10-3 with 2 convincing wins over our 2 biggest rivals will be the reason we finish in the top 10 again after looking like it was not possible after the lsu loss.

• Facepalm 1