Null

ellitor

2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 12/12/17)

Auburn has never consistently out-recruited Alabama, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee. Yet our overall records against those four is pretty darned good. We don't have to out recruit them. If we just stay close, we'll do more than our share of winning.

• Like 4

JJ Peterson was tight with Jeremy Pruit.   I suspect Auburn may have moved into the lead with this thumper.   We need to be swarming him right now.   Or is this a dead period?  Either way, you get my drift.

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

JJ Peterson was tight with Jeremy Pruit.   I suspect Auburn may have moved into the lead with this thumper.   We need to be swarming him right now.   Or is this a dead period?  Either way, you get my drift.

Bama was already leading. The Vols may be leading now.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bama was already leading. The Vols may be leading now.

maybe....I heard an interview on a podcast and this man-child seems to be cagey and not sharing a lot in interviews.  He said he was probably second closest to T-Will.  

Maybe we catch a break with this one.  I am sure bama is pushing the "business decision" with this one, if you know his background.

27 minutes ago, Beaker said:

He said he was probably second closest to T-Will. 

In terms of college coaches yes but he is closest to his high school coach more than anything & Propst will likely push him to his prodigee in Pruitt at UT.

• Like 2

has Pruitt added his DC yet? Just curious. I wonder if the 2018 class is going to exceed the 2017 class in overall ranking. Gus has done a masterful job since he came here with very good recruiting classes each of his 5 years and counting. Since his first class, how would this class rank so far? Just curious.

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

has Pruitt added his DC yet?

Yes. He's doing Co-DCs with Kevin Sherrer from UGa & Chris Rumph from Florida. Another interesting note. he hired Tracy Rocker as the DL coach.

29 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I wonder if the 2018 class is going to exceed the 2017 class in overall ranking. Gus has done a masterful job since he came here with very good recruiting classes each of his 5 years and counting. Since his first class, how would this class rank so far? Just curious.

Hard to say. It depend on how AU & other teams finish the class. Check back in February.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1