2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus let's the D staff offer who they want pretty much. Not offering would be on Steele, Brown, & Woodson.

lol you missed the joke. He was saying WHAT auburn4ever would say. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leglessdan said:

More like this. "If Gus expects to earn his new contract, he better go out and offer this kid. He's the hottest player in the nation right now and even Saban knows it"

haha perfect!!! much better job than I did! That is word for word basically exactly what he would say. I love it!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Damn, I missed the joke, too. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha perfect!!! much better job than I did! That is word for word basically exactly what he would say. I love it!!!

Agreed, @leglessdan!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hope we offer him. WOW just realized that sounded exactly like something auburn4ever would write lol. MUHHHHHHHHH BAD.

absolutely. Sounded to me like you were just trying to get your number of posts up by just wasting one.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

absolutely. Sounded to me like you were just trying to get your number of posts up by just wasting one.

Looks like you followed suit and did the same!!! I see you ARGO!!!! you sly rascal! lol

mj-laughing.gif

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't see a4e mentioned

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Actually nothing Gus could do would earn his contract in a4e save 2 or 3 natty's in a row. What he would have said is, "We haven't offered a big time 4* recruit from not far off in Georgia? WTH is Gus thinking? Just another reason we should fire Gus now. I don't care about his contract. Fire him now!"

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Looks like you followed suit and did the same!!! I see you ARGO!!!! you sly rascal! lol

mj-laughing.gif

You pegged me about right, BUT,,,, I figured you out too.

A4e is actually your alter-ego. When you make a meaningful post you use Gwill, but when you get bored and just want to post for the heck of it you use your alter-ego.

Today, you just got your 2 identities crossed up. Aha!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Since this is the main thread for the 2018 class it does not need to get off track at all. Stay focused on recruiting in here peeps.

• Angry 1

While Auburn had off weekend, others hosted big visits

The new early signing period has, at least this time around, eliminated the need for as many big recruiting weekends in January.

Auburn, Alabama and LSU have all had weekends in January that didn’t include any official visitors. It was designed to set up bigger official visit weekends at different points throughout the month. In Auburn’s case, that weekend was last weekend.

While the Tigers were off, however, a few of Auburn’s biggest recruiting targets took official visits to other schools. Here are the most intriguing visits from over the weekend.

• 4-star DT commit Coynis Miller to Oregon
  • 4-star LB Quay Walker to Alabama
  • 4-star WR Justyn Ross to Alabama
  • 4-star WR commit Matthew Hill to Clemson
  • 4-star OL Richard Gouraige to Ole Miss
  • JUCO OL Calvin Anderson to Texas

The Alabama duo of Walker and Ross is an interesting one to track. I’d encourage my readers to keep an eye on the SEC Country Alabama page this week for updates on those two. With both expected to officially visit Auburn this weekend, there could be some intel in these notebooks, as well.

I’ll also work to gather the latest on Hill. When he left the Auburn visit, the Tigers were confident in holding onto Hill, according to multiple sources. It felt like a home-run official visit with Hill. The only problem was Clemson got to give its pitch after Auburn. For now, he remains committed to Auburn, and I expect that to say the same.

20 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Looks like @ellitor lost his sarcasm filter again.

I said in an earlier post I didn't originally see a4e mentioned. I later did & replied to that post with a joke of mt own. As for my last post this is the only thread I don't want any derailments since this is The 2018 Recruiting Thread where everyone can come to get quick updates & ask recruiting questions. The point of staying on point here is not having to do a separate locked thread with updates only that Jeff asked for last week. That's double the work for me & I'd rather not do that.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Is it safe to say that we are still in good shape with Miller and Hill? I guess I worry a bit too much, but just want to get to the NSD with all still on board  I hope we will land a couple of OLs of quality. We keep everyone on board and land a few OLs in the process, this will be one of Gus' best classes. I know there are no 5 star recruits, but we have a boat-load of 4 star players that will fill a lot of needs at positions of need. Nearly all of the SEC teams would kill to have the quality of talent we have coming in.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Is it safe to say that we are still in good shape with Miller and Hill?

Yes on Miller & don't know anything more on Hill other than the last paragraph in the article 3 posts up from your post.

25 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Kirby Smart evidently landed at Callaway High School in a helicopter, is this ok with NCAA ? 

Yes.  Saban has been doing it for a few years.  I'll admit that I'm a little perplexed that the NCAA won't allow the limo at Tiger Prowl but has no issues with a helicopter, but then I've never understood much of what the NCAA does.  

Ok so, with McCreary committing, we are down to the last 2 spots. With the strong push for Langham and the need for an OT, I guess we know where we are heading. The only ? Is Fuqua and his should as to whether or not there is a grey shirt in his future, but his last word (I guess) said he was signing.

Now if someone jumps ship that opens a door for someone else obviously.

Now am I wrong??

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ok so, with McCreary committing, we are down to the last 2 spots. With the strong push for Langham and the need for an OT, I guess we know where we are heading. The only ? Is Fuqua and his should as to whether or not there is a grey shirt in his future, but his last word (I guess) said he was signing.

Now if someone jumps ship that opens a door for someone else obviously.

Now am I wrong??

Still up in the air whether Fuqua grayshirts or not. And as I said in another thread I have no idea who's getting the last 2 or 3 spots. It's best available at this point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Gus was at Callaway High School today it seems as well ? Who we after?

A number of kids in future classes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still up in the air whether Fuqua grayshirts or not. And as I said in another thread I have no idea who's getting the last 2 or 3 spots. It's best available at this point.

I will take a stab. Tannor...... and that is all I got! lol that is my only prediction. Anything else seems like such a guess at this point.

• Like 1

Fugua and grayshirt will only be known on signing day. It is pretty clear that not counting that spot we openly have only 2 other spots after McCreary's committment. Those are for Anderson and Langham if they will take them. Now you say what about Walker or Ross well that is the third spot that we have in our pocket for the kid signing with Memphis that noone in the Athletic department for strategic reasons is talking about. If either of those two guys fall our way we have a spot for them. If neither then we keep that for a GT or for someone to count back next year. If by a miracle from heaven, not going to happen because Ross is going to UAT, we sign them both and Fuqua then grayshirts, but that is not going to happen. That is how i believe everything will shake out. If we get Anderson and Langham we will have done fine. Langham could go either way if needed DL or OL. He will make a great OT down the road.

6 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Fugua and grayshirt will only be known on signing day. It is pretty clear that not counting that spot we openly have only 2 other spots after McCreary's committment. Those are for Anderson and Langham if they will take them. Now you say what about Walker or Ross well that is the third spot that we have in our pocket for the kid signing with Memphis that noone in the Athletic department for strategic reasons is talking about. If either of those two guys fall our way we have a spot for them. If neither then we keep that for a GT or for someone to count back next year. If by a miracle from heaven, not going to happen because Ross is going to UAT, we sign them both and Fuqua then grayshirts, but that is not going to happen. That is how i believe everything will shake out. If we get Anderson and Langham we will have done fine. Langham could go either way if needed DL or OL. He will make a great OT down the road.

Very reasonable assessment. I'm not sure that Fuqua's greyshirt is flexible. I'm thinking that if he's healthy he signs and if not he greyshirts, but that just my speculation. I haven't seen an official ruling on that third spot, but it seems likely that it's there.

Edited by Mikey

6 minutes ago, auol72 said:

?