2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

Practice visitors

Another impressive group was on campus for spring practice. The Tigers have had a bunch of top prospects at practices over the course of this spring. Auburn sent out one offer Tuesday among the targets who attended practice.

Here’s a look at the prospects in attendance.

3-star DE Azeez Ojulari, Marietta (Ga.) — received offer

4-star OLB Quin Williams, Madison (Ga.)

4-star safety Otis Reese, Leesburg (Ga.) — Michigan commit

2019 OLB King Mwikuta, LaGrange (Ga.)

2020 DE Andy Boykin, LaGrange (Ga.)

I tell u what, after reading a lot of these threads and these kids all talking about how much they love T-will, if he pulls some serious recruits in this year and the LB's ball out on the field, Gus better do something to lock him up, cause it won't be long before someone comes a'knock'n that is fo sho. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, ellitor said:

I really hope we land Martin. He seems like the kind of young man who can come in and can compete for playing time early in his career. Looks like we have some great young men to chose from for the 2018 class.

One other thing Ellitor...of all of the 5 star players on our list of prospective signees, which ones do you think we have the best chance of signing"  Thanks my friend!

On 4/12/2017 at 11:48 PM, doc4aday said:

of all of the 5 star players on our list of prospective signees, which ones do you think we have the best chance of signing" 

WR Justyn Ross.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

WR Justyn Ross.

Do you think we might get more than just 1 total 5 star rec?  I hate to bother you with all of this, but you always seem to have an insight into recruiting that is very helpful to old guys like me. I am likely old enough to be your grandfather!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think we might get more than just 1 total 5 star rec?

Hard to tell. Rankings will change a lot in the next 10 months.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hard to tell. Rankings will change a lot in the next 10 months.

How often do you get the chance to go to see the Cubs play in Chicago?  I have wanted to go to see a Cubs game there all of my life. I regret not seeing a Yankee's game in Yankee stadium of old. I do feel certain that Wriggly Field is safe from being torn down. This also goes for Fenway Park as well. I love MLB and have been a fan since I was a kid watching Phil Neikro make fools out of some of the best hitters of yesteryear.  

43 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

How often do you get the chance to go to see the Cubs play in Chicago?

None. I don't travel much. Saw them play once in Atlanta when Harry Carey was still alive.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, ellitor said:

None. I don't travel much. Saw them play once in Atlanta when Harry Carey was still alive.

Is his son Skip still alive? I used to think the Harry Sr. was slightly inebriated each Cub game he called. By the 7th inning stretch, he was well on the way being 2 sheets to the wind!

Colonel Max, King of he Corgis and the new War Damn Corgi, gave me a scare like I have not had in many moons. I was eating some blue table grapes while watching Easter Mass in Rome when I accidentally dropped 2 grapes. Max being quicker than Rudy Ford with one paw tied behind his missing but nubby tail, whooshed them up before I could get my shoe on them.

Grapes are bad for our best friend and I went into action as quick as my old bones would take me to get them out of his mouth. Corgis are much like pit bulls and saltwater crocodiles with their mouth shut tight. It took me almost 5 seconds to pry it open. By this time, the grapes were well on their way to his tummy and ready to cause him a good deal of distress.

I called our closest 24/7 emergency vet and was told just to get him to drink as much water as he can and just wait it out. He is fine and ready to get into anything of food source that is left out. I am very careful to not leave anything edible in that if it is not higher up than 30 inches, that cannot be forced to the ground with a few pushes of the front paws. I am sure each of you has some dog or other pet story to do with ill gotten food!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, ellitor said:

Sooo back to the 2018 thread, Big Cat Weekend will be on June 3rd.

Sorry for the hijack.

Notes on a few in state kids that I'm not ready to make threads on yet

3-star RB Tae Provens, Madison County

DSC_0163-2_e3w7zo.jpg
Auburn RB target Tae Provens (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Wolk: Provens is an interesting case. His communication with Auburn has tapered since he visited for junior day earlier this year. Tennessee has been in contact the most. The Volunteers are a clear-cut leader right now.

As for Auburn, it’ll be interesting to track how much love they show Provens during the evaluation period. The Tigers already have running back commit Shaun Shivers. Targets Asa Martin and Harold Joiner could be getting more attention from Auburn right now. As those recruitments work themselves out, don’t be surprised if Provens leaps up Auburn’s interest list, which could alter the course of his decision.

3-star OLB Matthew Flint, Madison County

Auburn recruiting-Matthew Flint
Auburn OLB target Matthew Flint (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Wolk: For starters, Flint gave a “War Eagle” when we got to Madison County on Tuesday. He didn’t shy away from his love for the Tigers and went so far to say — just as he did at junior day — that Auburn is his favorite program at this time.

Tennessee offered within the last five days, so the Volunteers certainly have a chance to enter the picture. Ole Miss is another program that will give Auburn a run. Flint revealed that [LB coach] Travis Williams told him Auburn plans to take two linebackers, so he knows vacancies are slim. Williams pushed him to commit earlier. Now Auburn is taking a more patient approach to linebackers.

3-star DE Malik Langham, Lee

DSC_0090_b6miti.jpg
3-star DE Malik Langham (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Kirschner: Tennessee has made Langham feel like a priority by reaching out almost every single day. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound prospect said he hears from Tennessee, Georgia and Vanderbilt the most. The in-state schools haven’t offered yet, but both Alabama and Auburn staffs have told Langham that they will be by Lee High School this spring to evaluate him further. If either school offers, Langham said it would be hard for any school outside the Yellowhammer State to get his commitment.

Wolk: Langham still doesn’t have offers from Auburn and Alabama, but he has visited both — along with several other SEC programs — over the last few months. He was in Tuscaloosa as recently as last week. Langham went to Auburn earlier in the spring for junior day. Alabama offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton have been his main points of contact at each school, so it’s mostly been area recruiters, not position coaches, contacting him. Langham said that, as a kid from the state of Alabama, offers from either of those programs would change the way he views his recruitment. Georgia and Tennessee are in good position right now, however.

Guys added to names to watch in the OP

QBs

5* Justin Fields
3* Jarren Williams
NR Cordel Littlejohn

RB

4* Dameon Pierce

WR

3* Shedrick Jackson

OT

4* Nicholas Petit-Frere
4* Dylan Wonnum

LB

4* Zakolby McClain

• 2 weeks later...

Link

- We've seen enough of Justin Fields to make the five-star jump. He joins Trevor Lawrence as the only five-star quarterbacks to date for 247Sports, both out of the state of Georgia. Fields is a Penn State commit that combines the physical traits in terms of size (6-3, 221 pounds) and athleticism (4.51 40) that gives some Deshaun Watson projectability in terms of play extension and big play potential. The more we've seen him, the more comfortable with him we are as a passer and he's now the No. 5 ranked player in the nation.

- Quarterback Gerry Bohanon out of Arkansas reminds me a little bit of Hendon Hooker from last year's class. He's big, athletic and has all kinds of arm talent. As he continues to get more consistent, he could rise even higher. For now he's moved into the Top247.

- As we've seen more players around the country and compared them to what we've already seen out of Columbia (S.C.) Spring Valley linebacker Channing Tindall, the more we like Tindall. He's now ranked No. 45 nationally. Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina and Notre Dame are among the schools chasing.

- Similar to Tindall, we've had a chance to compare linebacker Zakoby McClain to what we've seen elsewhere this spring and I'm ready to keep moving him up. The Valdosta native is undersized but he's incredibly athletic and is one of the most active linebackers in the country in pads. He's now ranked No. 131.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

suck up

How backwards is that? WDE is the one who provides the real juice.

Edited by ellitor

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

cat graphic jumping warning kill GIF

Damn! That little dog can teach Trigga Tray a thing or 2 about how to make a tackle using that technique...

leonard-fournette-touchdown-2-against-au

• Like 6

On 5/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, ellitor said:

Damn! That little dog can teach Trigga Tray a thing or 2 about how to make a tackle using that technique...

:timeout: That's a cat! :laugh:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

:timeout: That's a cat! :laugh:

Are you sure? I thought it was a baby fox. The only reason I realized it wasn't a fox is because of the tail. Foxes are closer to dogs than cats so I then assumed it was a dog.