TE Tucker Brown (JR)
LB Chase Ritter (SR)
FB Keenan Sweeney (RS JR)

Total = 83

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

So there is no note next to Malik, does that mean he will not get RS for last year's injury?

It means he is not a candidate to get one unless he misses another season for another reason. Injury red shirts are not applied for or given out til a player is heading into his 6th year of college trying to play his 4th season.

24 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Marlon Character can't be a RS FR. He just signed with us in December. 

Pretty sure E's list is the year/class the player will be in for the upcoming (2017) season.

12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

That one spot for potential TT DT transfer?

If he wants it. If he goes somewhere else I wouldn't put it past AU to look for another transfer.

11 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Pretty sure E's list is the year/class the player will be in for the upcoming (2017) season.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

11 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Marlon Character can't be a RS FR. He just signed with us in December. 

Character was in the 2016 class signing February 2016 & enrolling last August, not December.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

It means he is not a candidate to get one unless he misses another season for another reason. Injury red shirts are not applied for or given out til a player is heading into his 6th year of college trying to play his 4th season.

You probably do this every year, but I don't get the redshirt/medical redshirt rules for NCAA.  What is the difference?  Isn't there a min # or % of games not played in or past a certain point in the season and you can get a normal redshirt as opposed to a medical redshirt?  What rules a player out as far as getting a redshirt year?

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Character was in the 2016 class signing February 2016 & enrolling last August, not December.

My bad. I confused Marlon Character with Malcolm Askew

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

You probably do this every year, but I don't get the redshirt/medical redshirt rules for NCAA.  What is the difference?  Isn't there a min # or % of games not played in or past a certain point in the season and you can get a normal redshirt as opposed to a medical redshirt?

That is a proposal for an April vote but as of now the answer is and always has been no. You play a down you burn a normal redshirt.

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

What rules a player out as far as getting a redshirt year?

Any playing at all as stated above for a normal RS. A med Red can only be applied for if a player is trying to get a 6th year to play a 4th season. It can be related to an injury that happened in years 1-5. It must happen in the first half of the year and the player can not have playin in more than 3 games or 30% of the games whichever number is greater. And the injury must be to the point where the player could not have played again that season.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

That is a proposal for an April vote but as of now the answer is and always has been no. You play a down you burn a normal redshirt.

Any playing at all as stated above for a normal RS. A med Red can only be applied for if a player is trying to get a 6th year to play a 4th season. It can be related to an injury that happened in years 1-5. It must happen in the first half of the year and the player can not have playin in more than 3 games or 30% of the games whichever number is greater. And the injury must be to the point where the player could not have played again that season.

Thanks @ellitor I was confusing the 3 games/30 percent for normal redshirt with 6th year for medical redshirt.  Thought they were separate criteria.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Alaric Williams can be removed from the signed but not yet enrolled list.

Thank you sir and I can move the recruits who enrolled the past week over.

OP Updated. PJ3 moved from SR to Jr. Malik Miller moved from Soph to RS Freshman. Both were granted medical redshirts by the NCAA.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, ellitor said:

OP Updated. PJ3 moved from SR to Jr. Malik Miller moved from Soph to RS Freshman. Both were granted medical redshirts by the NCAA.

So just for clarification, your earlier post said a med RS could only be applied for a player trying to get a 6th year to play a 4th season. Based on the above comment a med RS can be applied any year.

The 6th year scenario, I believe comes into  play when a player is actually granted a 2nd med RS for a season ending injury. As an example, a 5th year player (previously RS) has a season ending knee injury in August of his final year of eligibility. He cannot play his final year. This type player can make a special request for 2nd med RS and have a 6th year to play a 4th season.

77 seems like an awfully low number of scholarship players going into fall camp. Bordering on probation-level numbers. And yet I think 8 of AU's 20 highest-rated signees of the past decade are on the current roster (per a recent article). Strange times. Regardless, I like the two-deep at most spots. Let's reward a few walk-ons with some schollies and get ready to whip Ga. Southern. 

What's going on with Gonzalez going to Memphis rather than juco route? I thought he didn't qualify?

On 8/3/2017 at 9:14 PM, toddc said:

What's going on with Gonzalez going to Memphis rather than juco route? I thought he didn't qualify?

He didn't qualify at Auburn. Memphis must have somewhat lower entrance requirements, or a less diligent compliance department. I vote the latter.

So how do we get back up to around the 85 limit if we can only bring in 25 each year?  Do we just have to keep the attrition rate lower than it has been?

As @Sani-Freeze pointed out already, but we are border line probation numbers.  I understand attrition and kids leaving early, but to be down this far seems a bit much.

Archived