Flynn made $500K from Turkey and failed to file as a foreign agent

TexasTiger

I'm not sure I'd forget making this kind of cash for so little "work." I think the case for a criminal investigation is building for Flynn.

"

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who was fired from his prominent White House job last month, has registered with the Justice Department as a foreign agent for $530,000 worth of lobbying work before Election Day that may have aided the Turkish government.

Paperwork filed Tuesday with the Justice Department's Foreign Agent Registration Unit said Flynn and his firm were voluntarily registering for lobbying from August through November that "could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey." It was filed by a lawyer on behalf of the former U.S. Army lieutenant general and intelligence chief.

After his firm's work on behalf of a Turkish company was done, Flynn agreed not to lobby for five years after leaving government service and never to represent foreign governments.

Under the Foreign Agent Registration Act, U.S. citizens who lobby on behalf of foreign government or political entities must disclose their work to the Justice Department. Willfully failing to register is a felony, though the Justice Department rarely files criminal charges in such cases. It routinely works with lobbying firms to get back in compliance with the law by registering and disclosing their work.

A Turkish businessman who hired Flynn's consulting firm told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the amended filings were made in response to pressure from Justice Department officials in recent weeks. The businessman, Ekim Alptekin, said in a phone call from Istanbul that the changes were a response to "political pressure" and he did not agree with Flynn's decision to file the registration documents with the Justice Department."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/former-trump-security-adviser-flynn-admits-turkey-lobbying

I hate the idea of foreign governments lobbying our government.  It seems like bribery and, fundamentally wrong.  The corruption seems,,,third world.

Our government is overtly for sale.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

What's your reference?

Was Hillary paid half a million from a foreign government that she concealed?

I would guess he is referring to "donations" to the Clinton Foundation.

There literally cannot be a thread on anything in these forums without someone completely ignoring the subject to point fingers at Hillary, Obama or some other Democrat.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

There literally cannot be a thread on anything in these forums without someone completely ignoring the subject to point fingers at Hillary, Obama or some other Democrat.

It is called hypocrisy and should be pointed out. Not fond of the trait. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Selective outrage. Which is actually hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

To disavow the hypocrisy allegation would be outrage. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

So don't . 

Wouldn't consider such nonsense. 

9 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Looks more like a pitiful attempt at some weird justification.

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's also called avoidance and deflection.  Not fond of that those traits either.

Deal with the subject at hand first, then I'll take your eagle-eyed observance of the other side's problems more seriously.

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

The American Thinker is propaganda.

But if there is a paragraph in that article that proves Hillary took personal payment for working as a foreign agent without reporting it,  then please quote it. 

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It also assumes the writer supports everything Hillary did, which is rather presumptuous.  

Anything to deflect from the subject I suppose.

"The White House has confirmed the president's transition team was informed before Inauguration Day that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynnmight need to register as a foreign agent with the Justice Department.

That's according to a White House official and a person with direct knowledge of discussions between transition lawyers and Flynn representatives."

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/03/10/trump-team-was-told-flynn-might-need-to-register

If it is proved he broke laws, then he should pay the penalty. To the poster who mentioned hrc, this has nothing to do with her.

20 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So, it's in the news, but if we discuss it we're hypocrites because of something Hillary did?

Is that about right?

Donald should re-hire Flynn, and then fire him again, just to really REALLY stick his nose in it. That'll learn him. 

On 3/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, icanthearyou said:

Looks more like a pitiful attempt at some weird justification.

Absurd allegation without merit. Try much harder itch. That attempt was rather disappointing. 

On 3/10/2017 at 7:20 AM, TitanTiger said:

It's also called avoidance and deflection.  Not fond of that those traits either.

Deal with the subject at hand first, then I'll take your eagle-eyed observance of the other side's problems more seriously.

Not trying to avoid anything. I seriously doubt anything comes of this, but that is simply an opinion. 

On 3/10/2017 at 10:22 AM, homersapien said:

The American Thinker is propaganda.

But if there is a paragraph in that article that proves Hillary took personal payment for working as a foreign agent without reporting it,  then please quote it. 

Just because you disagree with an article doesn't make the publication propaganda. 

Read again.

Archived