Bruce has a presser at 12:30 that was just scheduled

ellitor

No clue what it's about but pressers are normally scheduled before the same day of the presser. The timing is odd.

I'm thinking he's going to address post-season. If that's the case, we will know today whether Auburn would accept a CBI bid or not.

As disappointed as I am in this team, I think any tournament experience is a good thing for such a young team. Get used to the survive and advance scenario. While the guys have not deserved to play in the NCAAs or NIT, they have deserved to be in a low tier tournament with the number of games they won.

I don't think playing in the CBI would have any downside and think it would only help us for the future. 

If Bruce leaves, let's just close the door on the arena.  I really hope he sticks, and is given the time/resources needed to be able to name the Arena after him 15 years from now.  I don't think this presser is for that but anyways.

When no one else would, we gave Bruce a second chance to get back into coaching. I hope you are being paranoid. lol

He was just photographed at Pro Day...don't think he'd be hanging out there in his AU gear if he was about to leave.

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Maybe tony jones is coming? He posted a picture at the tournament the other night 

That would be good news IMO

Ok. WHy are we pinning our problems on not having T. Jones? Did we know for a fact he was a critical practice coach? I knew he was critical to recruiting, but it seems recruiting has gotten even better since he has gone.

Are we blaming some of the new coaches for poor coaching our players in learning D or running his offense?

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Ok. WHy are we pinning our problems on not having T. Jones? Did we know for a fact he was a critical practice coach? I knew he was critical to recruiting, but it seems recruiting has gotten even better since he has gone.

Are we blaming some of the new coaches for poor coaching our players in learning D or running his offense?

I don't believe anyone said our problems are because of him not being here, only that adding him would be a plus...

Saw on AUC...basketball season over...no CBI tournament.  Not sure if that was at the presser...or just an announcement they had gotten.

But...the right decision in my view.

lol LOVE BRUCE!!! the opposite of gus. he always says what is really on his mind!!! BRUCE PEARL FOREVER!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol LOVE BRUCE!!! the opposite of gus. he always says what is really on his mind!!! BRUCE PEARL FOREVER!!!!!!!!

"If you have one of the best seasons that they've had in 14 years and you want to start talking to me about critical, then you've lost perspective on where this program has been, how it's valued and how it's judged. You just have. Our fan base does not feel that way... Our program is in really, really good shape."

Love it.

Lol gives us the first winning season in almost a decade and some people wanna put him on the hot seat. Give me a break

Just now, Tiger said:

Lol gives us the first winning season in almost a decade and some people wanna put him on the hot seat. Give me a break

With 4 freshmen as the leading scorers, no less. The sky's the limit for these guys, but I think the potential will be greatest in two years (provided neither Heron nor Wiley go pro), when EJ Montgomery gets here. That'll give us two legit monsters down low, and the versatility to play any style of ball we want to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as all get out about next season. It's just that thinking about Wiley and Montgomery with Heron, Harper, Brown, Purifoy, Spencer, McLemore, and the other two recruits from this past cycle (Okeke and Mitchell) gets me very, very excited about the future beyond next year.

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Anyone know if BP will do what he did with Wiley for Montgomery? That would be sweet

Indeed it would. But I don't know if Montgomery has the credits, or the desire, to be able to graduate early. Definitely would be awesome to have that lineup next year and potentially make a run at/in the Big Dance.

Archived