Auburn adds Tulane to 2019 Schedule

RunInRed

Auburn has added non-conference opponent in 2019.

Tulane will visit Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sept. 7, 2019.

The only other non-conference game on Auburn's 2019 non-conference schedule at this time is the season opener against Oregon at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/03/auburn_adds_non-conference_opp.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,  this is a solid schedule filler.  We are already playing Oregon out of conference.  We pick up Tulane instead of Jacksonville St or Samford.  You have to have a few down weeks to let people heal and get young guys playing time.  How can we complain about every schedule decision that is made.  I think Tulane is a solid choice for a NON- marquee out of conference game.  

Some people here just look for reasons to complain ....  

4 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

Guys,  this is a solid schedule filler.  We are already playing Oregon out of conference.  We pick up Tulane instead of Jacksonville St or Samford.  You have to have a few down weeks to let people heal and get young guys playing time.  How can we complain about every schedule decision that is made.  I think Tulane is a solid choice for a NON- marquee out of conference game.  

My thoughts exactly. We have enough trouble beating the teams in our conference. Then you add Oregon. Believe me, you want 3 very winnable games in there somewhere. I like the game. 

Just glad we are playing someone else from a P5 conference who has a pedigree. I don't the Tulanes as long as one of the OOC is a quality name team. although i would rahter play home and home...

Since our football schedule rarely ranks outside the top 20 in difficulty (and is frequently top 10), I have absolutely zero problem with us adding a patsy non conference opponent - especially one that is a charter SEC member and somehow (we've played them ONCE since 1955 - hammered them) has a winning record against us.

4 hours ago, jtauburntiger said:

Some people here just look for reasons to complain ....  understatement of the year.  If auburn4ever (never for auburn) didn't complain, he would never post.  Him never posting would be a great thing. 

I absolutely agree.   I love this game

Why doesn't Jacobs try to schedule teams like Oklahoma State or Texas Tech. I'm glad Penn State wanted to play us in a home a home series.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why doesn't Jacobs try to schedule teams like Oklahoma State or Texas Tech. I'm glad Penn State wanted to play us in a home a home series.

What Oregon not good enought

30 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We're already scheduled to play Oregon in 2019. That's why I didn't mention them in my post.

So we have to play all power 5 teams for a non-schedule????

Heavens to murgatroyd!

The Green Wave!

That's like a Crimson Tide, er 

sort'a.

WDE from a color-blind soul.

I won't be satisfied until we play only the top 12 teams in a season...and he better win at least 11 of them or else.

I didn't know Tulane still had a program, UAB would have been a nice addition.  I would like to see an upgrade on at least one of the four non conference games to have 2 higher quality opponents, most top programs have been trending that way.  Scheduling at least 2 games each year with a power 5 conference would be ideal even if they are home and home arrangements to give the athletes opportunities to play in other game day atmospheres and to help sell the program.  

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I didn't know Tulane still had a program, UAB would have been a nice addition.  I would like to see an upgrade on at least one of the four non conference games to have 2 higher quality opponents, most top programs have been trending that way.  Scheduling at least 2 games each year with a power 5 conference would be ideal even if they are home and home arrangements to give the athletes opportunities to play in other game day atmospheres and to help sell the program.  

lol you serious clarke? we practiced at their brand new stadium for the sugar bowl! where ya been fam?

Are talks still going on about UAB and Auburn playing 1 game in Jordan-Hare. I know I read a few months ago that the UAB AD talked it up really big. He said that and Jacobs was trying make it happen.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:59 PM, jtauburntiger said:

Agree. 

On 3/10/2017 at 0:59 PM, jtauburntiger said:

Plus we need to start playing Tulane anyway so we can take the series lead against them. They are 17-14 versus us right now all time.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plus we need to start playing Tulane anyway so we can take the series lead against them. They are 17-14 versus us right now all time.

This one also irritates the heck out of me. 

http://www.winsipedia.com/auburn/vs/vanderbilt

Archived