Auburn adds Tulane to 2019 Schedule

RunInRed

Meh, it's fine.  I'm way more interested to see who we slot for our P5 opponent in 2020.   It's the only year that we don't have a P5 game scheduled through 2024.  Guessing it will be a kickoff game of some sort though, which would make three years straight (2018-2020).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem scheduling Tulane. Everybody out there remember the 83 schedule? I think the only tough team we didn't play that year was the 49ers.

I'm happy with scheduling Tulane. Their program has been terrible the last few years, but they still arguably have more talent than some of the Sun Belt and Mountain West teams we've played in the past few years.

2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Welcome to the new article based forum on AUF. Only 2 or 3 non pinned threads on the first page are not articles. Www.al.com/AUF.......

What's the problem? I look at the articles as a jumping off point for conversation. I find it pretty interesting that we have Tulane on the schedule. Clearly at least a few others do, too.

The site would be pretty dead if Fifty wasn't posting these articles. I haven't even been reading the articles but I've seen some pretty decent conversation that would not be happening otherwise. 

As for al.com, who cares. Dude is pasting the full text here. They're not getting our clicks. 

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Mighty Green Wave

The 1950' revisited, I Remember it well.

There was a time when Tulane had some pretty good players, Tommy Mason.play and they had a really good LB, I think his last name was Abercrombie. He helped pull off a huge upset over LSU in 1969 or 70.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

There was a time when Tulane had some pretty good players, Tommy Mason.play and they had a really good LB, I think his last name was Abercrombie. He helped pull off a huge upset over LSU in 1969 or 70.

I remember when Bobby Bourcher played linebacker at Tulane. 

On 3/13/2017 at 3:59 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Meh, it's fine.  I'm way more interested to see who we slot for our P5 opponent in 2020.   It's the only year that we don't have a P5 game scheduled through 2024.  Guessing it will be a kickoff game of some sort though, which would make three years straight (2018-2020).

2024 - you are real crap Brad.Several of us wondering where we will be buried and if the life long wife is making some other old man miserable. WDE :jossun:

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

2024 - you are real crap Brad.Several of us wondering where we will be buried and if the life long wife is making some other old man miserable. WDE :jossun:

Well if you aren't around, I'll make sure to toast you at the tailgate  :beer2:

• 3 weeks later...

Why doesn't Jacobs try to schedule either Georgia Tech, FSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech or Miami, Fla.

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why doesn't Jacobs try to schedule either Georgia Tech, FSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech or Miami, Fla.

Your bored aren't you.....................bless your heart..............you forgot UCLA

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

unbelievable.   :banghead: 

57 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Would you prefer Auburn to move to the ACC or the Big 12? That's the best way for your wish list to come true. Not sure if your posts mean Groundhog Day for us or they mean 50 First Dates for you. :dunno:

Why doesn't JJ try to schedule the New York Jets or the San Diego Chargers???? 

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Why aren't we playing Suwannee or the Carlisle Indians anymore?  Chief Bald Eagle was a heckuava player for them.

So did Jim Thorpe ever heard of him:poke:

Who would y'all rather see us play. Someone like FSU or Tulane? that's why I posted teams like FSU, Ga. Tech, Miami, and Oklahoma that JJ needs to try a lot harder to talk to their AD's about scheduling them.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:42 AM, augolf1716 said:

So did Jim Thorpe ever heard of him:poke:

They finally (belatedly, in my opinion) gave his medals back.

One might very well wonder how many "stars" a modern recruiting analyst might award (this one goes to eleven?)

Archived