Baseball vs Presbyterian Game 1

Welp. Don't know how many are following, but AU is crapping its bed once again with relief pitching. Bloop double down the left field line makes it 8-7 AU. Presbyterian with runners on second and third, 1 out. Ryan Watson in to pitch. Auburn better figure out its relief pitching fast. Why must every AU team melt down completely 

Auburn pitching gave up 18 hits this team ? I was looking forward to baseball season and had pretty high expectations for our pitching staff and overall better results this year but this is really disappointing. 

I guess it's up to the softball team to bring measure of respect to Auburn sports . 

PS. Too soon, the opposition has continued to pound our pitching staff. 

If things don't get better soon it's time to give Jacobs the axe. Oh wait, he just won AD of the year. Seriously, were the guys who chose him drunk? All three of our men's sports are failing. Things look bright for next year but if we don't see improvement then a change must be made

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

If things don't get better soon it's time to give Jacobs the axe. Oh wait, he just won AD of the year. Seriously, were the guys who chose him drunk? All three of our men's sports are failing. Things look bright for next year but if we don't see improvement then a change must be made

AU fans on this site were delirious over the selection of Butch Thompson and have defended him even after a year of unusual managerial decisions.  

So here we are with the guy everyone seemed yearn for (except those wanting Dunn from Samford) and the guy is supposed to be a pitcher's coach is having major problems.  I guess he picked the guys to get all those scholarship offers the previous year but this is awful.

After 2 innings AU had 11 hits and PC zero. Game ended with 19 hits for PC and 14 for AU. I wonder what the record is for highest team season ERA for AU. It appears this team might set that record and AU has 5 shutouts already. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU fans on this site were delirious over the selection of Butch Thompson and have defended him even after a year of unusual managerial decisions.  

So here we are with the guy everyone seemed yearn for (except those wanting Dunn from Samford) and the guy is supposed to be a pitcher's coach is having major problems.  I guess he picked the guys to get all those scholarship offers the previous year but this is awful.

He's underperformed to say the least. People like to give him a pass for last year but he had a really solid lineup at his disposal. I'll also give him a pass because he had no pitchers but the guys he's brought in have been very disappointing outside of Mize. I wish we would've kept Galloway. Everyone can ridicule me for saying that but I'll say it. The guy was an a**hole but he held his players accountable and could win games. I'll continue to support this team but I don't see us going to Hoover again if things don't improve 

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

He's underperformed to say the least. People like to give him a pass for last year but he had a really solid lineup at his disposal. I'll also give him a pass because he had no pitchers but the guys he's brought in have been very disappointing outside of Mize. I wish we would've kept Galloway. Everyone can ridicule me for saying that but I'll say it. The guy was an a**hole but he held his players accountable and could win games. I'll continue to support this team but I don't see us going to Hoover again if things don't improve 

I think things will improve. It's been odd that multiple experienced relief guys have absolutely fallen off the wagon this year. I hope this is coincidence and not coaching. I expect things to get better. Starting pitching is good. If we can get a few guys to step up, and keep scoring like we have been, we will gel. 

Twice this season we've went into the 9th with a four run or more lead and lost. No excuses for that! 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think things will improve. It's been odd that multiple experienced relief guys have absolutely fallen off the wagon this year. I hope this is coincidence and not coaching. I expect things to get better. Starting pitching is good. If we can get a few guys to step up, and keep scoring like we have been, we will gel. 

These days when pitchers rarely complete a game due to pitch count a successful team MUST have a couple solid guys in the bullpen.   We have Lipscomb who mostly is reliable but that has been it thus far.  Otherwise coaches probably have no idea what to expect when they pull the starter. 

12 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Thompson is the guy.

He's got to figure out how to be a head coach.

It's way early in year two

It's one game.

Step back from the ledge.

Agree-we have the right guy. college baseball got to be the toughest program to coach. 

Archived