SEC Softball Action

OlderWhiskey

A couple of surprises tonight.  Mississippi State,perceived by me to be in the bottom 3 of the conference,beat Texas A&M 5-2 in College Station,racking up 14 hits.  South Carolina beat UT 9-1 in Knoxville, allowing only 3 hits to the Vols.  And in a non-surprise, Alabama beat Arkansas 9-0.  Georgia and Kentucky won non-conference games.  Couldn't find anything on Ole Miss,Mizzou, andFlorida.  

Well,I just noticed that MSU was 19-3 coming into the game.  Guess I will have to revise my perception.  A&M started Samantha Show,their ace.  She gave up 11 hits and 4 runs in 4 1/3. 

Everyone getting better It seems...probably no real pushovers in the conference this year....except maybe Missouri

http://www.secsports.com/standings/softball

Everyone has fattened up on OOC teams....now we find out what everyone really has. 

Mizzou lost Sami Fagan, and Paige Lowery transferred to OK, so they are down some.  Even so, Florida only beat them 1-0 yesterday.  Lorenz scored from third on a ground ball, after a double steal.  Missouri never got a runner past first. Even Arkansas is improved.  They got swept by Alabama, but the third game was a 4-3, 9-inning affair.

Archived