Bryant’s great-grandson a 2019 QB prospect

aubiefifty

gridironnow.com

Bear Bryant’s great-grandson a 2019 QB prospect getting interest from Tide

Bear Bryant’s great-grandson is a high school quarterback getting recruiting attention from – who else? – Alabama.

Paul Tyson (6 feet 4, 210 pounds) plays for Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville and will be a junior this season. While he doesn’t have any official offers yet, he is receiving recruiting attention from the Tide.

He recently attended Alabama’s “Junior Day” and told 247Sports it was an experience he will not soon forget.

It was awesome,” Tyson said. “A great experience. Getting to see the campus and weight room and everything about it. Got to meet Coach (Nick) Saban one-on-one.”

Tyson describes himself as a pocket passer and says that is what the Crimson Tide coaches like about him. Clemson, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and Southern Miss also have shown interest.

Still, given his family background, he’s a lock for Alabama should it offer, right?

“Some people think I’m automatically going to Alabama,” Tyson said. “That’s not completely true. I’m just starting the recruiting process, and it’s awesome. I’m loving it. People definitely think it’s pretty cool who my great-grandfather is, and often ask me questions about him. It’s a great honor.”

(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)

Not surprised by anything I read there except that some people are asking a kid questions about his great grandfather. No disrespect intended but he had been dead 20 years when the kid was born. I doubt he can tell them anything they haven't heard or read already. 

His head coach is said to have been "appointed" by Malzahn.  HT has a very good program, should be great fun for all to watch this drama unfold.  I hope he shreds it the next two years and winds up at USC or ND or aTm (like Coach Fran) where he is also a legacy.  

I know it will never happen but, just think what the Bammers would do if this kid signed with Auburn over uat.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Even ole Dabo is "showing interest" in the kid. :-\

Well he could be the Bama coach by then.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, aubiefifty said:
gridironnow.com

Bear Bryant’s great-grandson a 2019 QB prospect getting interest from Tide

Bear Bryant’s great-grandson is a high school quarterback getting recruiting attention from – who else? – Alabama.

Paul Tyson (6 feet 4, 210 pounds) plays for Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville and will be a junior this season. While he doesn’t have any official offers yet, he is receiving recruiting attention from the Tide.

He recently attended Alabama’s “Junior Day” and told 247Sports it was an experience he will not soon forget.

It was awesome,” Tyson said. “A great experience. Getting to see the campus and weight room and everything about it. Got to meet Coach (Nick) Saban one-on-one.”

Tyson describes himself as a pocket passer and says that is what the Crimson Tide coaches like about him. Clemson, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and Southern Miss also have shown interest.

Still, given his family background, he’s a lock for Alabama should it offer, right?

“Some people think I’m automatically going to Alabama,” Tyson said. “That’s not completely true. I’m just starting the recruiting process, and it’s awesome. I’m loving it. People definitely think it’s pretty cool who my great-grandfather is, and often ask me questions about him. It’s a great honor.”

(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)

This has to be the funniest thing I've read here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived