Baseball vs Presbyterian Day 2

lead off double stranded....nobody had a plan to get the guy to 3rd with only one out?  

I have never seen a team more predictable of a meltdown. Now 3 errors on the day as Dylan Ingram drops the ball at first on a routine chopper. Pres with runners on 1 & 2 with one out. I really hope this team is more mentally tough than what they are showing in the early season. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

lead off double stranded....nobody had a plan to get the guy to 3rd with only one out?  

Got him to third, but poor effort by Estes with one out and then a fly out to left strands him. 

Thought I heard that Mize was over 100 pitches when he was finally pulled.   Guess the only solution to our bullpen problems is to pitch the starters until they are no longer effective or try to get them to the 8th if possible.  

Watson has done pretty well since he came in but has not had great support behind him.  Another error lets in two runs...total of 5 unearned runs.  Watson should have been out of this inning.

Just now, AU64 said:

Thought I heard that Mize was over 100 pitches when he was finally pulled.   Guess the only solution to our bullpen problems is to pitch the starters until they are no longer effective or try to get them to the 8th if possible.  

Watson has done pretty well since he came in but has not had great support behind him.  Another error lets in two runs...total of 5 unearned runs.  Watson should have been out of this inning.

Ryan actually looks good. Getting a lot of ground balls. Defenders are letting him down.

Another year, same issues.  At some point, some people have to stop blaming this on every coach that comes to town and start wondering/realizing why/that Auburn can't get the players needed to succeed in baseball.  Slater/Pawlowski/Golloway...a decade of coaches who had plenty of success in their careers who essentially had the same results at Auburn.  At some point the players have to make the pitches, make the throws, get the clutch hits.  It appears Auburn just cannot get those kind of players consistently.  

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Another year, same issues.  At some point, some people have to stop blaming this on every coach that comes to town and start wondering/realizing why/that Auburn can't get the players needed to succeed in baseball.  Slater/Pawlowski/Golloway...a decade of coaches who had plenty of success in their careers who essentially had the same results at Auburn.  At some point the players have to make the pitches, make the throws, get the clutch hits.  It appears Auburn just cannot get those kind of players consistently.  

A reasonable point though you probably have to remove Golloway from that list.   He was in the NCAA in his second year.. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

A reasonable point though you probably have to remove Golloway from that list.   He was in the NCAA in his second year.. 

Slater was in it his first year.  Pawlowski his second.  Each made it to the regional final before losing, while Golloway was out in the regional semifinal...which means absolutely nothing.  But the continued pining over CSG when he had done nothing different for AU baseball than his recent predecessors is baffling to me.  Lot of revisionist history trying to turn him into a potential superstar coach who was unfairly treated is clouding some people's opinion towards the current coaching staff.  

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Slater was in it his first year.  Pawlowski his second.  Each made it to the regional final before losing, while Golloway was out in the regional semifinal...which means absolutely nothing.  But the continued pining over CSG when he had done nothing different for AU baseball than his recent predecessors is baffling to me.  Lot of revisionist history trying to turn him into a potential superstar coach who was unfairly treated is clouding some people's opinion towards the current coaching staff.  

CSG was in NCAA tournament 15 times......only guy we've had since Baird who had done that more than a couple times.   So we replace him with a guy who has not been a HC at a serious program.  

Revisionist history....?  I don't think so.   Not pining for him...but just noting that he had proven that he knew how to get there after inheriting a worse team that BP got from Barbee.  AU made it's decision to fire him....he might even have deserved it but doesn't mean that he did not know how to win. 

McGuffin pops out to the catcher..... can't do that.... one out, bases loaded.

Estes flies out to center, Anthony comes in to score. 7-5 AU now. Jarvis up with runners on first and second.

Archived