Sign in to follow this  
WarTiger

Softball vs. lsu - game 3

WarTiger    997

Draper gets run off the plate on a pitch HIGH and way inside.   Looked to me like it only hit the bat.  Props to Myers though for sticking up for his players.  

WarTiger    997

Draper jammed and off the handle of the bat that goes to 3rd.   1 out.  Carlee Wallace up.   Let's go Carlee.

tgr4lfe    129

Everyone is Scared to pitch to Cooper. 

AU64    1,711

Notice that Cooper does not leave the batter's box between pitches....

tgr4lfe    129

That's 3 she threw in tighton Cooper.  😒

AU64    1,711
1 minute ago, tgr4lfe said:

Everyone is Scared to pitch to Cooper. 

smart move...until the rest of the team makes them pay...but I sure hate to see it...

jared52    900

Can't pinch run for Wallace without her being out completely because she's already reentered already? I can't recall if she's been pinch run for or not...

WarTiger    997

Fagan grounds to short, throw to 3rd to get the lead runner.   Runners remain on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

WarTiger    997

Grounder to 3rd throw to 1st, dropped and gets behind her.  Cooper comes around to score and Auburn wins 5-4

AU64    1,711

Win 'em any way you can.....

WarTiger    997

Way to get it done Auburn.  WAR EAGLE!!!    We'll take a win any way we can get it.  

• Like 1

autigeremt    546

WDE!!!!!!!!

jared52    900

AU gifted LSU a run in the top so LSU was just giving it back. Big battle this weekend and much learned. Going to be like this every weekend in the SEC. They will be battle-tested by the time the post-season rolls around. 

OlderWhiskey    93

Just glad we got the series.  LSU was better than I thought.  Now we get to play UT Tuesday.  Gonna be cold then, too.

AUBwins    426
41 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Grounder to 3rd throw to 1st, dropped and gets behind her.  Cooper comes around to score and Auburn wins 5-4

Maybe they should not have walked her ;D

She still beat them. Haha. 

all4AU    6
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Notice that Cooper does not leave the batter's box between pitches....

This is a rule in international play, and with Coop being on team USA, she is probably staying in the box now so she doesn't have to readjust this summer. 

• Like 1

tgr4lfe    129
14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe they should not have walked her ;D

She still beat them. Haha. 

As this season goes on, and the newer faces continue to come through and get better, that is going to be a tough call for most teams, do we pitch to Cooper and take chances with the next one or two (Fagan is hitting well right now, like .500 over last 8 games I think they said), or take chances pitching to Cooper.  I'm sure most are still going to pitch around her and take the chance since they know Cooper is THAT good of a hitter.  She had an incredible OBP for the weekend of .625 (walking 5 out of 8 at bats).

AU64    1,711
6 hours ago, tgr4lfe said:

As this season goes on, and the newer faces continue to come through and get better, that is going to be a tough call for most teams, do we pitch to Cooper and take chances with the next one or two (Fagan is hitting well right now, like .500 over last 8 games I think they said), or take chances pitching to Cooper.  I'm sure most are still going to pitch around her and take the chance since they know Cooper is THAT good of a hitter.  She had an incredible OBP for the weekend of .625 (walking 5 out of 8 at bats).

I noticed a time or two when they walk Cooper and whoever was sitting behind her did not get a very good pitch to hit either . 

SumterAubie    327

Auburn needs to review the LSU batting lineup card to see how many times Ispuke was listed. Seemed she batted every inning. And drove in runs every at bat.