2018 4* Buck End Richard Jibunor (Transfers to Troy)

ellitor

totally agree. Each young person's case is different. The Coaches already know him well and his home life or they will now dig deeper to understand his situation and his reaction to doing something stupid and immature. 

I hope they keep him. If every teenager was thrown away and not given another chance, then there would not be much hope ofr these kids as I think more become quality adults than go down the bad path of life..

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, alexava said:

Suspended for the UDUB game and must be designated driver for Pat Dye every weekend till football season starts. he will learn from that.

Cruel and unusual punishment????

Gus seems to have a knack for judging a kids character and seeing the difference between a stupid mistake and a trend. He also has a process for making sure they walk the straight and narrow going forward. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that he has been presented with a series of expectations that must be lived up to between now and February, and will have another set of expectations to live up to once he's on campus.

He should get a second chance, but let's not think a DUI is just a stupid mistake.  Driving drunk kills people and a DUI is a serious charge.

13 hours ago, im4au said:

He should get a second chance, but let's not think a DUI is just a stupid mistake.  Driving drunk kills people and a DUI is a serious charge.

It's a stupid mistake that is extremely common. It's like weed, except actually dangerous. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's a stupid mistake that is extremely common. It's like weed, except actually dangerous. 

So is weed if you are driving.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

So is weed if you are driving.

Maybe, maybe not. I was referring more to possession, besides.

The point is that both things are extremely common behaviors. One is probably becoming more so while the other becomes less so- I think most of us have a story from our own youth or have heard a story from an older generation of law enforcement being *extremely* lenient on drunk driving- but engaging in either in no way makes one a deviant. Now, if he gets caught again, then he's a big ol' dummy. McLoofus's Court, Judge Loof presiding, will give you 2 strikes on weed but not on DUI. 

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

A stupid mistake is getting drunk and falling down the stairs...not driving a car.  It's far less common than it once was, but still deadly and illegal.

That's not to say I am against bringing this kid into the family and supporting his growth and maturation.

Prob enough time to give him the second chance to see if this is a pattern.   If he is going to goof again, I suspect it will be sooner rather than later.  

Also, he sounds very African.  If I heard the right podcast.  I mean, his folks are from there.   I have taught a few and typically they have strong, strong family values.  My son had a friend whose older brother had to return to Africa for a year b/c he was messing up in school.   His dad made him go live with relatives in Africa.  He came back the next year changed.   

I hope he has strong family ties and my hunch is right.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:12 AM, aujeff11 said:

His point was that Bessent was another HS player that got arrested before signing day or shortly after while in HS. Bessent had a shorter leash than normal when he finally got on campus and eventually flamed out. Gulf is implying the result in these similar circumstances won’t turn out any better than the other.

Thanks for your response Jeff.  You said it much better than I could have.  I also believe in second chances and my hope is that if Jibunor signs he will learn from this incident,  change his behavior for the better,  and not go the route of Bessent.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Is AU still signing this guy? I hope so. I was just wondering since I haven’t seen any info about him lately. 

Yes. No new info has been needed.

2 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Is AU still signing this guy? I hope so. I was just wondering since I haven’t seen any info about him lately. 

absolutely! took no other visits. He truly just wanted to sign surrounded by his friends. He had only good intentions! It was not some ploy to extend his recruitment. He been down for AU since when?! DOWN SINCE DAY ONE ISH! lol WOOOOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE RICHARD!

maxresdefault.jpg

The kind of player we want on the team. I wonder if he will red shirt or get into the fire day 1.

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

The kind of player we want on the team. I wonder if he will red shirt or get into the fire day 1.

My guess is he will be like Big Cat and get some playing time next year.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

absolutely! took no other visits. He truly just wanted to sign surrounded by his friends. He had only good intentions! It was not some ploy to extend his recruitment. He been down for AU since when?! DOWN SINCE DAY ONE ISH! lol WOOOOO!!!!!! WAR EAGLE RICHARD!

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh no arguments here. I asked because I wanted him no matter what. People make mistakes, no reason to have his life ruined for it. I think he will be a monster. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL! Welcome to the @GwillMac6 Penitentiary!

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

RS. Has to bulk up.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

My guess is he will be like Big Cat and get some playing time next year.

I'd be surprised. He's a good bit lighter than BCB was coming in.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sorry Mikey. Garner is not letting you have him. lol

Oh yeah? Well, I whupped Garner in shooting "horse" in 1987 and if he gives me any guff about this I'll whup him again. So there!

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Oh yeah? Well, I whupped Garner in shooting "horse" in 1987 and if he gives me any guff about this I'll whup him again. So there!

Never underestimate the Mikey.

Archived