2018 4* Buck End Richard Jibunor (Transfers to Troy)

ellitor

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting .....puts the coaching staff in a difficult position as to whether to sign him or not.    Maybe he could have learned his lesson but as I observe the world of young football prospects, seems that many of them never learn and maybe a football scholarship is too valuable to risk.....:dunno:.    Expect the coaches are going to want to know a lot more about his personal life now before going further.   Bad timing to say the least....

Bessent still signed with us when he got arrested his senior year. That was a drug charge. I’d assume he will sign with us. 

2 hours ago, Samau said:

I read two posts that he was arrested for a DUI...

He’s from Nigeria; he gets a pass for not knowing any better. Just wanted to get drunk and drive with his friends together.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s from Nigeria; he gets a pass for not knowing any better. Just wanted to get drunk and drive with his friends together.

Yes I have gotten the feeling that he is very impressionable. Just wants to fit in. Somebody needs to big brother him..Maybe Prince Tega can do it.

Not a good decision by him but I made more than one of those same decisions when I was young. I was fortunate to not ever be caught and blessed that nothing ever happened to anyone. I hope it's a wake-up call for him. He may end up better for it. 

If I were to guess, we would still sign him.  The only thing I hope is he learns his lesson.  DUI is no joke.  He could have ruined someone’s life, if not his own.

If one thing we can all agree with Gus, is that he gets his guys in order.  And the few that will never listen are kicked out. 

Suspended for the UDUB game and must be designated driver for Pat Dye every weekend till football season starts. he will learn from that.

Tough break kid . We have all done stupid stuff whether we got caught or not . Hope he gets all this type of stuff out of his system. I will be glad when he signs 

I hope we sign him. I give Gus grief for not being exactly what we would consider honest and forthcoming, but he does give second chances. One mistake shouldn't cost him his scholorahip.

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bessent still signed with us when he got arrested his senior year. That was a drug charge. I’d assume he will sign with us. 

And what ever became of Bessent?

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He left the team? 

Went to East Arizona CC & had not been heard from or had colleges interested since.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Went to East Arizona CC & had not been heard from or had colleges interested since.

I know

7 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

And what ever became of Bessent?

Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Trey Matthews... Just the first three guys off the top of my head who had legal/disciplinary issues before coming to Auburn. Several more who made a mistake or two after signing and lived to tell the tale. 

To be fair, though, I'm unclear on what your point is.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nick Marshall, Cam Newton, Trey Matthews... Just the first three guys off the top of my head who had legal/disciplinary issues before coming to Auburn. Several more who made a mistake or two after signing and lived to tell the tale. 

To be fair, though, I'm unclear on what your point is.

His point was that Bessent was another HS player that got arrested before signing day or shortly after while in HS. Bessent had a shorter leash than normal when he finally got on campus and eventually flamed out. Gulf is implying the result in these similar circumstances won’t turn out any better than the other.

Each case is different...just saying there will be a closer look taken now...and should be...dui  is not a little thing.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Each case is different...just saying there will be a closer look taken now...and should be...dui  is not a little thing.

Agree. It definitely matters. 

Archived