2018 4* Buck End Richard Jibunor (Transfers to Troy)

ellitor

maybe Auburn will look like the "better business":-\ decision in a month or two

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 9:24 AM, augolf1716 said:

Give it time things will play out fine. 

Tru dat. If our D plays all year the way that they have thus far I am not worried about pulling in D recruits...especially with the recruiters we have on that side of the ball

26 minutes ago, fredst said:

Tru dat. If our D plays all year the way that they have thus far I am not worried about pulling in D recruits...especially with the recruiters we have on that side of the ball

While I agree to some degree...  All recruits want to win.  If we don't start getting better on O and winning the big games, then who is gonna want to be here?  Forget the fact that who is going to want to commit to a team who's coach is on the hot seat year in and year out even if he is winning.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

While I agree to some degree...  All recruits want to win.  If we don't start getting better on O and winning the big games, then who is gonna want to be here?  Forget the fact that who is going to want to commit to a team who's coach is on the hot seat year in and year out even if he is winning.

Also very true...

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Also very true...

the goob as interim coach when coach gets zapped mid season?! EH!!! EHHH??? lol

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the goob as interim coach when coach gets zapped mid season?! EH!!! EHHH??? lol

Goober has our secondary playing well;would love to see us start making plays on the ball when we are in phase with the receiver. As the face of our program? You decide:

IMG_2190.JPG

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

Goober has our secondary playing well;would love to see us start making plays on the ball when we are in phase with the receiver. As the face of our program? You decide:

IMG_2190.JPG

ON a STRANGELY AND RARE serious note from me. (especially when you just tossed a softball my way with this gem!! lol) when is the last you felt our secondary played the ball well when it was in the air? Our Defense is playing extremely sound defense but it feels like we will have to get a lot of 3 and outs because our secondary is not going to be causing a lot of turnovers by getting picks. 

2 hours ago, fredst said:

IMG_2190.JPG

Who's this old lady?

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ON a STRANGELY AND RARE serious note from me. (especially when you just tossed a softball my way with this gem!! lol) when is the last you felt our secondary played the ball well when it was in the air? Our Defense is playing extremely sound defense but it feels like we will have to get a lot of 3 and outs because our secondary is not going to be causing a lot of turnovers by getting picks. 

Feels like it's been awhile. Hate to bring up he-who-shall-not-be-named but that is one of the things I admire most about Saban's defenses. Part of it is the caliber athlete they are putting out there but man their secondary is almost always incredibly sound and ball-hawking (even the years they are supposedly down).

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Feels like it's been awhile. Hate to bring up he-who-shall-not-be-named but that is one of the things I admire most about Saban's defenses. Part of it is the caliber athlete they are putting out there but man their secondary is almost always incredibly sound and ball-hawking (even the years they are supposedly down).

The wee little man across the state has shown me even if you have all the talent in the world YOU STILL NEED THE PROPER COACHING AND TEACHING for a team to reach it's full potential. Gus could have that roster and probaly still lose 2-3 games. Gus has also taught me coaching still matters. We have the 2nd most talented roster in the sec this year but man do I feel we will have the second best record in the sec this year? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You make greats points Mr Fredst as usual!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The wee little man across the state has shown me even if you have all the talent in the world YOU STILL NEED THE PROPER COACHING AND TEACHING for a team to reach it's full potential. Gus could have that roster and probaly still lose 2-3 games. Gus has also taught me coaching still matters. We have the 2nd most talented roster in the sec this year but man do I feel we will have the second best record in the sec this year? ABSOLUTELY NOT! You make greats points Mr Fredst as usual!

I would love to hear the thoughts of people with real football knowledge ( instead of a yahoo like me) about this. @bigbird, etc.?

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

I would love to hear the thoughts of people with real football knowledge ( instead of a yahoo like me) about this. @bigbird, etc.?

Man if you are a yahoo I must be a lunatic! haha. And Yes I have no real football knowledge either I will readily admit.

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is my pet peave. C. Davis is always right on the receiver, but he tries to knock the ball away once the receiver catches it. How many int's would he have alone if he would just turn around and find the ball?

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man if you are a yahoo I must be a lunatic! haha. And Yes I have no real football knowledge either I will readily admit.

I totally agree with your statement Gwill...................:poke:

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I totally agree with your statement Gwill...................:poke:

psych-shawn-gus-fist-bumps.gif

Just now, augolf1716 said:

psych great tv show

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH we agree MASSIVELY again!

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

This is my pet peave. C. Davis is always right on the receiver, but he tries to knock the ball away once the receiver catches it. How many int's would he have alone if he would just turn around and find the ball?

Its a lot of people's pet peeve. This isn't a shot at anyone, but the problem is the level of understanding of the position and what is actually occurring during the play.  The corner and whether he plays the ball or the man is completely dictated on his position relative to the receiver. That positioning is dictated by what type of coverage, which technique, and what leverage is being applied.  

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Its a lot of people's pet peeve. This isn't a shot at anyone, but the problem is the level of understanding of the position and what is actually occurring during the play.  The corner and whether he plays the ball or the man is completely dictated on his position relative to the receiver. That positioning is dictated by what type of coverage, which technique, and what leverage is being applied.  

Help a brother out here Mr. Bird. I played a little DB but the depth of my knowledge is shallow. Against Clemson in particular I saw several plays where it appeared Dean and Davis were "in phase" and well positioned to make a play on the ball but failed to find it and as a result gave up a catch. Overall, coverage-wise I think we've been excellent. Your thoughts?

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bird it’s almost like you’re a DBs coach or something? 

40 minutes ago, fredst said:

Help a brother out here Mr. Bird. I played a little DB but the depth of my knowledge is shallow. Against Clemson in particular I saw several plays where it appeared Dean and Davis were "in phase" and well positioned to make a play on the ball but failed to find it and as a result gave up a catch. Overall, coverage-wise I think we've been excellent. Your thoughts?

Those 2 passes were both back shoulder throws that were just 50/50. When you are in phase, running full speed, and the wr stops and pivots into the ball, its hard for a DB to turn and find the ball. That's what makes that play almost impossible to defend. That's why DBs are taught to turn into the wr and play the ball through the catch. We were in position, just couldn't make they play. The DB played throught the "basket" just like you're taught. Clemson just made the plays. Thats how it goes sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Those 2 passes were both back shoulder throws that were just 50/50. When you are in phase, running full speed, and the wr stops and pivots into the ball, its hard for a DB to turn and find the ball. That's what makes that play almost impossible to defend. That's why DBs are taught to turn into the wr and play the ball through the catch. We were in position, just couldn't make they play. The DB played throught the "basket" just like you're taught. Clemson just made the plays. Thats how it goes sometimes. 

Thanks. Agree on those. Thought there were one or two balls that came over the top that we were in perfect position to make a play on the ball and just didn't quite get our eyes around to do it. Appreciate your coaching me up!

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Should the basic rule of thumb not be that when the receiver is either running full speed on a long route, or is very close to the sideline that the db should not turn his head around to look for the ball when the receiver turns to look for the ball?

34 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Should the basic rule of thumb not be that when the receiver is either running full speed on a long route, or is very close to the sideline that the db should not turn his head around to look for the ball when the receiver turns to look for the ball?

Only if you want to get beat.  Good receiver's will slow down and look, just to get the DB to turn, and when they do, they accelerate leaving the DB 5 yards behind.

Archived