Null



ellitor

2018 4* Buck Richard Jibunor

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Those 2 passes were both back shoulder throws that were just 50/50. When you are in phase, running full speed, and the wr stops and pivots into the ball, its hard for a DB to turn and find the ball. That's what makes that play almost impossible to defend. That's why DBs are taught to turn into the wr and play the ball through the catch. We were in position, just couldn't make they play. The DB played throught the "basket" just like you're taught. Clemson just made the plays. Thats how it goes sometimes. 

Why doesn't AU ever run this on offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




9 hours ago, CR said:

Why doesn't AU ever run this on offense?

Gus probably doesn't trust his QBs to make the throw or his WRs to make the catch.

Maybe now that Clemson has beaten us 2 years in a row with it he'll consider adding a wrinkle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CR said:

Why doesn't AU ever run this on offense?

The first thing required is a QB that can put a long throw on the money and on the exact time. Now that we apparently have such a QB maybe we will work on the play in the off-season and use it next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The first thing required is a QB that can put a long throw on the money and on the exact time. Now that we apparently have such a QB maybe we will work on the play in the off-season and use it next year.

Well don't forget you also need WRs that are threat deep and can catch the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2017 at 11:39 AM, CR said:

Why doesn't AU ever run this on offense?

I wish we would. Those are the types of passes required to beat elite defenses like Bama, Clemson, and our own. If you look at Deshaun Watson's passes in the NC game last year, a lot involved plays like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have said this at least once before regarding this kid, but MAN DO I REALLY WANT HIM TO COMMIT TO THE GOOD GUYS SOON!!!  I really think he could be something special!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see another Carlos Dansby type of player with him.  This is an excellent thing and something we will love and enjoy seeing unfold this young man's talents on and off of the field.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far Goober or Coach Brown, or whoever you want call him, has done a super job. I think he has done as good of a if not better than his predecessor who is now the Ole Miss DC. Not saying he was a bad coach whatsoever in that he was instrumental in getting our defense back on track last season.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

So far Goober or Coach Brown, or whoever you want call him, has done a super job. I think he has done as good of a if not better than his predecessor who is now the Ole Miss DC. Not saying he was a bad coach whatsoever in that he was instrumental in getting our defense back on track last season.

 

I believe it’s time to respect the man and call him by his name, “Coach Brown “. He is doing a great job with our secondary and I see no reason to belittle him anymore with these derogatory names! My two cents! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, toddc said:

I believe it’s time to respect the man and call him by his name, “Coach Brown “. He is doing a great job with our secondary and I see no reason to belittle him anymore with these derogatory names! My two cents! 

lol it is all in fun!!! me and @fredst have much love for the goob!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol it is all in fun!!! me and @fredst have much love for the goob!!! 

Just a running joke. Our secondary is playing at a high level and I think it’s because Brown is doing a great job coaching up our talented DBs, best in a long time. Hail to the Goob!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, toddc said:

I believe it’s time to respect the man and call him by his name, “Coach Brown “. He is doing a great job with our secondary and I see no reason to belittle him anymore with these derogatory names! My two cents! 

No harm meant. I see this as a cool name for him. He is a heck of a DB coach and glad to have him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How about "The Super, Uber, Goober! Coach Brown"

Wish I could check both Laugh and Like. Brown is showing he is a heck of a coach.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now