2018 4* Buck End Richard Jibunor (Transfers to Troy)

ellitor

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Those 2 passes were both back shoulder throws that were just 50/50. When you are in phase, running full speed, and the wr stops and pivots into the ball, its hard for a DB to turn and find the ball. That's what makes that play almost impossible to defend. That's why DBs are taught to turn into the wr and play the ball through the catch. We were in position, just couldn't make they play. The DB played throught the "basket" just like you're taught. Clemson just made the plays. Thats how it goes sometimes. 

Why doesn't AU ever run this on offense?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CR said:

Gus probably doesn't trust his QBs to make the throw or his WRs to make the catch.

Maybe now that Clemson has beaten us 2 years in a row with it he'll consider adding a wrinkle.

10 hours ago, CR said:

The first thing required is a QB that can put a long throw on the money and on the exact time. Now that we apparently have such a QB maybe we will work on the play in the off-season and use it next year.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The first thing required is a QB that can put a long throw on the money and on the exact time. Now that we apparently have such a QB maybe we will work on the play in the off-season and use it next year.

Well don't forget you also need WRs that are threat deep and can catch the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 11:39 AM, CR said:

I wish we would. Those are the types of passes required to beat elite defenses like Bama, Clemson, and our own. If you look at Deshaun Watson's passes in the NC game last year, a lot involved plays like this.

I think I have said this at least once before regarding this kid, but MAN DO I REALLY WANT HIM TO COMMIT TO THE GOOD GUYS SOON!!!  I really think he could be something special!

I see another Carlos Dansby type of player with him.  This is an excellent thing and something we will love and enjoy seeing unfold this young man's talents on and off of the field.

So far Goober or Coach Brown, or whoever you want call him, has done a super job. I think he has done as good of a if not better than his predecessor who is now the Ole Miss DC. Not saying he was a bad coach whatsoever in that he was instrumental in getting our defense back on track last season.

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

So far Goober or Coach Brown, or whoever you want call him, has done a super job. I think he has done as good of a if not better than his predecessor who is now the Ole Miss DC. Not saying he was a bad coach whatsoever in that he was instrumental in getting our defense back on track last season.

I believe it’s time to respect the man and call him by his name, “Coach Brown “. He is doing a great job with our secondary and I see no reason to belittle him anymore with these derogatory names! My two cents! 

45 minutes ago, toddc said:

I believe it’s time to respect the man and call him by his name, “Coach Brown “. He is doing a great job with our secondary and I see no reason to belittle him anymore with these derogatory names! My two cents! 

lol it is all in fun!!! me and @fredst have much love for the goob!!! 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol it is all in fun!!! me and @fredst have much love for the goob!!! 

Just a running joke. Our secondary is playing at a high level and I think it’s because Brown is doing a great job coaching up our talented DBs, best in a long time. Hail to the Goob!

15 hours ago, toddc said:

No harm meant. I see this as a cool name for him. He is a heck of a DB coach and glad to have him!

How about "The Super, Uber, Goober! Coach Brown"

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How about "The Super, Uber, Goober! Coach Brown"

Wish I could check both Laugh and Like. Brown is showing he is a heck of a coach.

• 3 weeks later...

hey with the upheaval at UF,  I wonder if we could garner his commitment in Nov.   Anyone know anything?

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

hey with the upheaval at UF,  I wonder if we could garner his commitment in Nov.   Anyone know anything?

I think most are waiting on Auburn's November upheaval.

22 hours ago, Beaker said:

If he listens to many among our fan base he would think we are in just as much upheaval as UF.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If he listens to many among our fan base he would think we are in just as much upheaval as UF.

I get it.    We are two different planets though.  We have the talent to contend for conference championships, but can't get out of the way of our mistakes whereas UF has the talent of say a UK or Vandy with mediocre coaching....two vastly different worlds.  You are right though.

23 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I get it.    We are two different planets though.  We have the talent to contend for conference championships, but can't get out of the way of our mistakes whereas UF has the talent of say a UK or Vandy with mediocre coaching....two vastly different worlds.  You are right though.

Are you sure about the talent level?? They have recruited well or is it bc if the suspensions ? They certainly have much better talent than UK or Vandy

42 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Are you sure about the talent level?? They have recruited well or is it bc if the suspensions ? They certainly have much better talent than UK or Vandy

Florida has no QB, and you can't win without a decent QB.  Their running backs are less than SEC material as well.

For Florida (or a similar program) their recruiting has been down. Per 247 team rankings, they finished 21st in 2015, 12th in 2016, and 11th in 2017. That's good but not great. 

On top of that, they signed two QBs in the 2014 class:  Will Grier and Treon Harris.

Grier was suspended for PED use and transferred to WVU. Harris was suspended as part of a sexual assault allegation, reinstated to the team, and decided to transfer to Tennessee State. To make matters worse, Florida did not sign a QB in the 2015 class. That's how you end up with a roster of RS Freshmen and a grad transfer as your only options at QB. That's not even touching the lack of depth as a result of the suspensions and early NFL entrants (like Quincy Wilson, Teez Tabor, David Sharpe, etc.). There are talent and roster management issues in Gainesville, and those will take some time to sort out.

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

There are talent and roster management issues in Gainesville, and those will take some time to sort out.

This. There's so much more to being a head coach as opposed to a great coordinator or play caller. Most fans now see a team scoring a lot of points for a few games, or see a team with a couple of big wins and consider that coach or coordinator th next head coaching candidate.  Things like talent evaluation, strategic roster management, and off season development  programs are critical markers for a head coach  

Archived