2018 4* Buck End Richard Jibunor (Transfers to Troy)

ellitor

9 hours ago, lca408 said:

I'm thinking a miraculous healing of Pettway's scapula. 

A little mud and some saliva ought to do the trick.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports are that he is committing to someone in the next 20 minutes... between us and UF.   and it sounds like we got this one!!!!

if it works out.... very nice addition! 

1 minute ago, eulessau said:

Anybody know if he announced his decision yet?

nothing yet.... was originally 11am central

then he tweeted by 1230 Eastern (1130 central) 

still nothing official.

ATHENS, Ga., — For Richard Jibunor, the family vibe at Auburn and the feeling he got every time he stepped foot on campus was too much for other schools to overcome.

On Thursday, he made official what seemed inevitable for awhile.

He will be a Tiger.

The 4-star buck linebacker from Athens Christian (Ga.) committed to Auburn over Florida, Tennessee and numerous other offers. He will sign with the Tigers on Dec. 20, but is not an early enrollee.

“It’s been a long time and a long process and I thank God for everything,” Jibunor told AuburnUndercover.com. “The coaching staff has been really amazing and the program is moving forward in a very positive way. And it’s a place that I feel like is the best place. Each time I visit the school I just feel at home. I enjoy it a lot. The atmosphere is good an the environment is awesome.”

The 6-feet-3, 206-pound Jibunor is Auburn’s 16th commitment for the 2018 class. The Tigers now have the No. 13 class in the 247Sports rankings.

Jibunor is the No. 14 athlete and No. 291 overall recruit in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. For Auburn, he fills an important need — that of a pass rusher.

“I’ve always felt it a little bit, but with all the schools coming in I really wanted to relax and make sure it was really something I wanted to go for 100 percent,” Jibunor said. “Before the Georgia game, I was kind of feeling it. And when I went to the game I really enjoyed everything I saw there — even apart from the game. Just the environment. I like the school.”

Relationships were crucial to this recruitment.

According to Jibunor, he was tighter with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams than any person at any school recruiting him.

“I’m very close with T-Will,” Jibunor said. “He is someone who really likes hard work and I’m looking for someone who is going to really push me hard and bring out the best in me. As long as I'm willing to give him my best I believe he is the kind of person who will make me better.”

Additionally, Jibunor has a good bond with Auburn offensive linemen Prince Tega Wanogho Jr. and Prince Sammons. Like Jibunor, those two are Nigerian natives.

Back in his home country, Jibunor’s mother was thrilled by his choice of schools, he said.

“My mom is already planning (to visit) and she is very excited,” Jibunor said. “She has done research on Auburn and she likes it. She feels it’s the best place.” 

Jibunor, a high-end athlete who will need to add weight, hopes to contribute for the Tigers in Year 1 but knows it won’t be easy.

“By the grace of God,” Jibunor said. “Right now, we’re working on gaining size and getting stronger. Watching and learning and getting better.”

According to Jibunor, he will attend the Iron Bowl on Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium. As a commit, he plans to actively recruit for the Tigers.

What will his message be to other prospects?

“Auburn is family,” Jibunor said. “There’s nothing sweeter than family.”

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/4-star-defender-Richard-Jibunor-commits-to-Auburn-Tigers-football-110937800

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO US AUBURN FAMILY!!!!!!!!!! So glad to get this stud finally on board!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-richard-jibunor-commitment

ATHENS, Ga. — Asked when he knew Auburn was his choice, Richard Jibunor gave a conflicting response.

“I’ve always known,” he started.

“But really, after the Georgia game,” he closed.

Either way, Auburn landed its 16th commitment when Jibunor chose the Tigers over Florida and Tennessee. The 4-star linebacker/defensive end propels Auburn to No. 13 in the recruiting class rankings with some important work left to do in the Class of 2018 to return to a top-10 class.

Jibunor’s addition has felt like a long time coming. He has visited the Plains since receiving an offer last summer. Linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive line coach Rodney Garner both made it clear their want for the Athens-area athlete.

IMG_0412_zzhkt1.jpg
4-star linebacker Richard Jibunor committed to Auburn. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

But it wasn’t always as crystal-clear Auburn as it may have seemed. Jibunor had moments throughout his recruitment when he felt ready to choose Tennessee (especially at the beginning) and Florida (especially at the end). With Florida, he became some entrenched in the Gators’ culture this fall that he was doing the Gator chomp after sacks and other big plays.

That’s why Jibunor hesitates to say he’d “always known” it’d be Auburn. But eventually, the mystique of the Plains had its lasting efffect.

“That’s why I wouldn’t say I’ve always known. Because at one time, I was almost committing to Florida. It was so close. Initially, I wanted to go to Tennessee,” Jibunor said. “But every time I visit Auburn, I feel so, I feel so, I feel happy. Let me use the word happy. I feel like that’s where I want to be. The fan base is beautiful. The football team is awesome. The academic standard is good. It’s a beautiful city. It’s a place I feel I want to be.”

The Georgia game sealed the deal.

Jibunor had seen several Jordan-Hare Stadium environments, but it was never anything like the win over the No. 1 Bulldogs. If there were ever any doubts about the Tigers, everything about that game day experience put them to rest.

After flirting with Knoxville, Tenn., and Gainesville, Fla., Jibunor finally realized he didn’t need to wait any longer. Auburn was home.

“I went back to Auburn and it just felt different. I went back again for the Georgia game, and I was like, that’s the place to be,” he said. “I was just there, and sometimes, you know, you go walk around on the field. I just prayed and listened to what was going on in my heart. Deep down, I just keep hearing a voice, and it’s Auburn.”

CONGRATS TO TWILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER ONE FOR HIM!!!!! Best LB Coach and Recruiter in the country!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!! WAR EAGLE COACH!

I feel like we are becoming the hub for kids from Nigeria.  That they want to come here because there are other players that understand them.  Which I think is absolutely awesome.  All of the guys we have gotten so far have tons of upside and seem like genuinely good people.  Very humble, and team players.  Happy to have you Richard!  Welcome to the Family!

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I feel like we are becoming the hub for kids from Nigeria.  That they want to come here because there are other players that understand them.  Which I think is absolutely awesome.  All of the guys we have gotten so far have tons of upside and seem like genuinely good people.  Very humble, and team players.  Happy to have you Richard!  Welcome to the Family!

And we may not be done with players from Nigeria for this cycle!!! WOOOOOO!!!! LETS GO!! WAR DAMN!!! #fingerscrossed #knockonwood

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

What position is he expected to play? I have read Buck, and Safety.

Buck.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

btw if you want to see sunshine pumping from me the recruiting forum is the place where it all goes down!!! lol. Nothing gets more sunshine pumping out of me than crutin!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It is where the inner abw0004 in me comes out!!!! hahaha

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

???? Could there be another??

I certainly hope so but there has been nothing said since.

Archived