2018 4* OT Richard Gouraige (Florida)

ellitor

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

So I am guessing we need to wait to fire Herb Hand until after we sign Gourraige?

Gus ain't firing Hand. You can put that dream to rest.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to get this kid. Like everyone says, the interior OL and DL plus backers are how you win championships. Our DL was good this year and somehow our OL needs to get to our DL's level. 

6 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Really liking your optimism on the OL recruiting!

Agreed, I'm going to turn into a broken record but I'd love for us to pick up some impact players on the OL.

This would be a great pick up.  Dude is athletic and built strong. In watching his junior highlights, he looks like he needs to work on his speed and footwork. He has a good frame. I think he will need a redshirt year, but he has very good potential. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith just pulled the trigger on predicting Gouraige to AU.

Lol wow

and I think I heard that this guy had a good UA game.  Is that true?

Nick P didn't I think I read.

40 minutes ago, Beaker said:

and I think I heard that this guy had a good UA game.  Is that true?

Struggled against Cox & Amora but everyone did. Did fine against the rest of the DEs.

I know someone at his school in Tampa and he told me before Christmas that his mom wants him to go to UF...wants him to be close....but things can change...

Lets bring the big boy in to the fold! Definitely need as much talent on the line as possible. At the very least we need the starting spots to be competitive.

Wilfong the 247 national guy crystal balled him to clemson. I hope this is more like his trey hill to AU pick and not his others. He is USUALLY right when he makes a pick. OF COURSE he was wrong about trey hill to au lol.

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Is he visiting Clemson this weekend? When is he visiting Auburn?

yes and I THINK next week.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wiltfong just CBed him to Clemson 

lol did you not see my post above? I am hurt aujeff11!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol did you not see my post above? I am hurt aujeff11!!!!!!

Nah I didn’t lol

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wilfong the 247 national guy crystal balled him to clemson. I hope this is more like his trey hill to AU pick and not his others. He is USUALLY right when he makes a pick. OF COURSE he was wrong about trey hill to au lol.

No worries. We’ve got the infamous “our staff has a high level of confidence” feeling.  ?

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

No worries. We’ve got the infamous “our staff has a high level of confidence” feeling.  ?

this staff is becoming notoriously BAD at reading teenage kids! lol. Seems like the chizik years that staff had a better gauge on what a kid was really thinking! haha

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

this staff is becoming notoriously BAD at reading teenage kids! lol. Seems like the chizik years that staff had a better gauge on what a kid was really thinking! haha

Way too many recruits describe our coaches as cool and laid back. That works for establishing relationships. Closing a deal often requires relentless and intense, and I'm afraid we don't have that guy, with T Will possibly being an exception. Gouraige needs a super strong closer and Hand is not that. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Way too many recruits describe our coaches as cool and laid back. That works for establishing relationships. Closing a deal often requires relentless and intense, and I'm afraid we don't have that guy, with T Will possibly being an exception. Gouraige needs a super strong closer and Hand is not that. 

are you the same guy who said that on 247 that I just read?! genuinely curious because I agree!!! And I just think that is what happens when we have to be different from other schools and our whole pitch is the AU family, atmosphere, the "nice" school and just trying to be as different as georgia/kirby and alabama/saban in general. We have to be polar opposites as them. It has helped us get these top 10 classes but it def breeds a certain aura around our coaches as their buddy and friend being all laid back and chill. We need more KILLERS in closing time!! I believe in garner and twill when it comes to big boy recruiting but is there another one like that on our staff? We will learn a lot about kodi down the stretch this cycle.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

are you the same guy who said that on 247 that I just read?! genuinely curious because I agree!!! And I just think that is what happens when we have to be different from other schools and our whole pitch is the AU family, atmosphere, the "nice" school and just trying to be as different as georgia/kirby and alabama/saban in general. We have to be polar opposites as them. It has helped us get these top 10 classes but it def breeds a certain aura around our coaches as their buddy and friend being all laid back and chill. We need more KILLERS in closing time!! I believe in garner and twill when it comes to big boy recruiting but is there another one like that on our staff? We will learn a lot about kodi down the stretch this cycle.

Yep, we need those nut-cutter closers too, lol.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Yep, we need those nut-cutter closers too, lol.

FRED IS EN FUEGO TODAY!!!! speaking the truth! lol

Archived