2018 4* OT Richard Gouraige (Florida)

ellitor

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Ah, I didn't mean anything by it, I just saw the post as I was reading through this thread and thought it was funny, that's all.

10-4. Kerryon & disregard then.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

He gone

If he visits this weekend still I just  think we find a way to knock this visit out of the park and we get him. I think he truly loves Auburn more than he loved the non car version of herbie. This could end badly for me but I am calling muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh shot.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

anigif_original-20250-1447194566-2.gif?d

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Hasn’t Horton been his main recruiter all along?  I heard even RG has helped a little.

No. Regardless of what you see on his 247 profile page, hand was the lead on Gouraige & the reason we were in the lead before yesterday. Now if Horton can use his relationship as Gouraige's area recruiter to help us land him that would be great.

I don't get why everyone thinks Grimes is a detriment to recruiting these kids...
"Hey Richard, let me introduce you to Coach Grimes. He's the man behind red shirt sophomore Greg Robinson being selected #2 in the NFL Draft in 2014. No lineman has gone that high since."

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't get why everyone thinks Grimes is a detriment to recruiting these kids...
"Hey Richard, let me introduce you to Coach Grimes. He's the man behind red shirt sophomore Greg Robinson being selected #2 in the NFL Draft in 2014. No lineman has gone that high since."

There's a lot more work in recruiting than that & there are times late in his 1st AU stint before the cancer that he just didn't do enough of the recruiting work.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's a lot more work in recruiting than that & there are times late in his 1st AU stint before the cancer that he just didn't do enough of the recruiting work.

There's not time for that work on this kid or any other 2018 recruits, and as discussed in the other thread, there were very likely extenuating circumstances behind why he didn't do all of the work in 2015. In any case, Gouraige could care less if he put in the recruiting hours in 2015. I'm sure he either likes Auburn and it's other coaches or he doesn't. I still think Grimes credentials as coach are a stellar selling point. Not many O-Line Coaches can say they had an underclassman drafted in the top 3.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

there were very likely extenuating circumstances behind why he didn't do all of the work in 2015.

I specifically said precancer for that very reason cuz I know trhat's  the circumstance you are referring to. He slowed down before then.

Gouraige could care less if he put in the recruiting hours in 2015.

Didn't say or imply he would.

I'm sure he either likes Auburn and it's other coaches or he doesn't.

Yes and as his area recruiter Horton's our best chance Gouraige, like most recruits, will gravitate to who he has the best relationship with.

I still think Grimes credentials as coach are a stellar selling point. Not many O-Line Coaches can say they had an underclassman drafted in the top 3.

Again. Never said nor implied that wasn't the case at all. Someone else will just have to do the selling sometimes to give AU it's best chances with recruits.

I think we're on different pages @ellitor.  I guess I wasn't clear enough that I'm specifically referring to the kids we are trying to close with this year. I think you got the I idea that I was speaking of him as a recruiter going forward. I know recruiting isn't his strong point. I do think the good recruiters can sell his credentials. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think you got the I idea that I was speaking of him as a recruiter going forward.

No. I know you were speaking specifically on Gouraige. I referenced him and the future in my reply. To win Gouraige Horton will have to do it as having the best relationship on our staff due to being Gouraige's area recruiter.

Here's hoping this kid realizes how terrible Gainesville is as a city and comes on to the plains. Florida is a mess that Dan Mullen won't be fixing this year or maybe even the next.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Here's hoping this kid realizes how terrible Gainesville is as a city and comes on to the plains. Florida is a mess that Dan Mullen won't be fixing this year or maybe even the next.

Clemson is the word. If they want him anyways. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Clemson is the word. If they want him anyways. 

That's a more understandable decision. Personally I don't think I'd wait for a team that maybe wants me if I have a team like Auburn that definitely does.

Just now, Zeek said:

That's a more understandable decision. Personally I don't think I'd wait for a team that maybe wants me if I have a team like Auburn that definitely does.

Clemson or AU. Don't think he signs with UF. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Grimes needs to go see him and talk about the players he has put in the NFL

We’ll be putting the full court press on him this weekend. Like WDE said if Clemson doesn’t want him, I Imagine we’ll get him. 

56 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Grimes needs to go see him and talk about the players he has put in the NFL

Has to wait til next week. Hand used his weekly visit for AU the day before he took the Texas job. Gouraige was supposed to visit AU this coming weekend. Will be interesting to see if that happens now.

56 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We’ll be putting the full court press on him this weekend.

Assuming he comes.

Archived