2018 4* OT Richard Gouraige (Florida)

ellitor

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like this dude. He along with Irvin and Tank would be outstanding, IMO all 3 would be future starters on inside. Tank LG, Irvin C and Gouraige RG. That's how I see those 3 guys.

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Like this dude. He along with Irvin and Tank would be outstanding, IMO all 3 would be future starters on inside. Tank LG, Irvin C and Gouraige RG. That's how I see those 3 guys.

We are recruiting Gourage at OT.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

We are recruiting Gourage at OT.

He is definitely an OT and not a DE. I love this kids size. At 280, I see him putting on between 25 and 30 pounds for college football. At 6'5", this should be no problem for him. He would be a great get. 

• 3 weeks later...

Top OT target to visit this weekend

Touted offensive tackle Richard Gouraige of Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge has always liked Auburn -- even though he has never stepped foot on campus.

This weekend, he finally will.

Gouraige, who is extremely high on the Tigers, will visit them Saturday to watch practice.

The 6-feet-5, 300-pound Gouraige is the No. 6 tackle and No. 61 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton is his area recruiter. Horton and offensive line coach Herb Hand each have visited Gouraige's school -- and both communicate with him often.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn also stopped by Cambridge this year.

Clemson and Florida are other programs to watch. The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently favors Clemson by a large margin.

AuburnUndercover.com interviewed Gouraige back in late February. At the time, he told us, "“If I made a list right now, (Auburn would) sit high on my list."

He added, "They say, ‘We really need help on the offensive line. You can come help us a lot. I’m speaking to them both on the same things. We text every day. I love Coach Hand. He just knows what he’s talking about, getting players better and mastering their craft.”

• 7 months later...

38 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Florid tanking the season and firin their coach?

the question should be what happened between march and now where how would you not know what happened to florida to know why he is coming this weekend! lol

On 11/23/2017 at 12:15 PM, thaitopher said:

Florid tanking the season and firin their coach?

He's still mostly Gator though regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

this could be big. He was really close to him.

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Yes it could.  Could be great for us!

WOOOO LETS RIDE!!!!

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

this could be big. He was really close to him.

Was he close with Barnes too? I'll take Gouraige & Barnes & call it a day on the OL.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was he close with Barnes too? I'll take Gouraige & Barnes & call it a day on the OL.

I surely hope so. I hope this is what tilts the scales in favor of us!

48 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I surely hope so. I hope this is what tilts the scales in favor of us!

He was the lead recruiter for Barnes.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have a solid legitimate chance with this young man?  He would be a huge get no doubt. We need to finish strong and keep our top 10 rating.

Archived