WOW! AU Women make NCAA Tourney

ellitor

WOW is right ! could of been a 7 seed or higher if not for that late season swoon indeed. I def thought we were toast after losing our first sec tourney game to georgia.

Well guess we will just have to put off hiring Dawn Staley for 1 more year......

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

wow how in the world with the way we finished.............happy for the girls....especially seniors

I think the bottom line is if you have a winning record with a top 20 schedule you have a real shot at least to get in. We were 17-14 & our SOS is 20th. Men & women NCAA committees have always valued teams who play top 20-25 schedules very highly if they can get a winning record.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I think the bottom line is if you have a winning record with a top 20 schedule you get in. We were 17-14 & our SOS is 20th. Men & women NCAA committees have always valued teams who play top 20-25 schedules very highly if they can get a winning record.

I'll take it

Very pleasant surprise! Congratulations to the ladies.

Very happy for our team . They have a difficult first game but that is what happens to the lower seeded teams. 

32-15 NCST at the half. Less than the offensive juggernaut I'd like to see from us to say the least. Wolfpack having little difficulty with our press. 

It was nice making the NCAA, but the Ladies were one and done. Wonder if JJ will give Flo a contract extension for making the tournament with a 17-14 record and a 5th straight losing record in the SEC?

54 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

It was nice making the NCAA, but the Ladies were one and done. Wonder if JJ will give Flo a contract extension for making the tournament with a 17-14 record and a 5th straight losing record in the SEC?

It may be time for a change. Making the NCAA is good but not a major accomplishment for an SEC women's team. Her teams play very hard and good defense but they don't have good offensive schemes. She needs to bring in better recruits, next year will be tough since we lose some good seniors this year

1 hour ago, 1913-14 said:

FLO NEEDS TO GO. THEY WERE TERRIBLE(AWFUL/PITIFUL/INEPT/ETC.)

I can't hear you. Can you say it a little louder and clearer! :jossun:

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

2 hours ago, au302 said:

It may be time for a change. Making the NCAA is good but not a major accomplishment for an SEC women's team. Her teams play very hard and good defense but they don't have good offensive schemes. She needs to bring in better recruits, next year will be tough since we lose some good seniors this year

1 hour ago, 1913-14 said:

FLO NEEDS TO GO. THEY WERE TERRIBLE(AWFUL/PITIFUL/INEPT/ETC.)

She received a contract extension LAST JUNE which was announced a few weeks ago.  She's not going anywhere.  See thread linked below. 

Guess it's OK to rant about the program but don't use this loss as an excuse.   NC State was a much better team that AU going into the tournament and with our lack of offense, the outcome was pretty predictable.  

The top dozen or so teams in women's basketball are much better than those below them.....much steeper curve from top teams to the second tier teams like AU. 

10 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

She received a contract extension LAST JUNE which was announced a few weeks ago.  She's not going anywhere.  See thread linked below. 

Yes, I was aware. I was being sarcastic.?

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guess it's OK to rant about the program but don't use this loss as an excuse.   NC State was a much better team that AU going into the tournament and with our lack of offense, the outcome was pretty predictable.  

The top dozen or so teams in women's basketball are much better than those below them.....much steeper curve from top teams to the second tier teams like AU. 

No doubt, then there's UCONN at the top of the heap that is far better than the other top 12 teams.   UCONN will lose eventually but I don't expect it to happen this year. 

Archived