WOW! AU Women make NCAA Tourney

ellitor

10 hours ago, WarTiger said:

No doubt, then there's UCONN at the top of the heap that is far better than the other top 12 teams.   UCONN will lose eventually but I don't expect it to happen this year. 

They would have a good chance of beating an all-star team from the next four or five teams below them. :)

7 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

We were top tier at one time. Jay is an idiot. Glad for the players but this coach has had time to turn it around. She needs to GO

Huge shift in the power structure of women's basketball . I don't know why it has happened but lots of the power teams from years ago are no longer factors in the sport

Just my view but the fact that Auburn treats its coaches as disposable commodities is one of the main reasons that we have to overpay for mediocre or inexperienced coaches.... But in looking around the SEC, our problem is shared by a number of other teams. 

Wondering about the future when I saw that the Gamecocks from South Carolina have landed two of the top six women's basketball players from the state of Alabama. 

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wondering about the future when I saw that the Gamecocks from South Carolina have landed two of the top six women's basketball players from the state of Alabama.

Just imagine if Muskrat came in and did that.

I saw moo U Miss St made the final 4 this year! when the heck did they get good at womens bball?! they became a force right under our noses.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I saw moo U Miss St made the final 4 this year! when the heck did they get good at womens bball?! they became a force right under our noses.

Got a great coach recently. I'm happy the MSU AD went to Fl. to take over for Foley

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Got a great coach recently. I'm happy the MSU AD went to Fl. to take over for Foley

They are AD U! There last 2 ad choices get hired up by big time universities.  The guy who is at bama now was at Miss St before arizona hired him then bama hired him away from arizona. I think they realized this and that is why their new hire was their former baseball coach. SO he is probaly never leaving. Do you know where they hired that great womens bball coach from? I know Dawn Staley was at temple before her run at south carolina. She never got past the second round at temple.

WOW!!!!!!!!! ALL SEC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!! Incredible!!!! Congrats to MOO U and South Carolina.

An amazing outcome. I would have bet my entire retirement fund on UConn for this game . Good thing I did not have that opportunity. ?

Just now, AU64 said:

An amazing outcome. I would have bet my entire retirement fund on UConn for this game . Good thing I did not have that opportunity. ?

I would bet my entire bank account that south carolina wins the national title game now. There is just nothing left in the tank for this miss st team. Tho it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a season which south carolina is trying to do. That could play in to it as well. 

On 3/18/2017 at 10:01 AM, WarTiger said:

No doubt, then there's UCONN at the top of the heap that is far better than the other top 12 teams.   UCONN will lose eventually but I don't expect it to happen this year. 

Would you like to join me in a large serving of Crow ? ?

Never saw that. coming....

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are AD U! There last 2 ad choices get hired up by big time universities.  The guy who is at bama now was at Miss St before arizona hired him then bama hired him away from arizona. I think they realized this and that is why their new hire was their former baseball coach. SO he is probaly never leaving. Do you know where they hired that great womens bball coach from? I know Dawn Staley was at temple before her run at south carolina. She never got past the second round at temple.

He was an assistant coach at Texas A&M.

Three times I watched Auburn beat the team that was supposed to be the top dog in the first round of the final four, then lose the championship game. One of those times it was to Tennessee, a team we had already beaten three times that season. It's tough to get back to your A-game after beating what was supposed to be the main obstacle.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He was an assistant coach at Texas A&M..

AU never would have hired him. An undistinguished HC record

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Three times I watched Auburn beat the team that was supposed to be the top dog in the first round of the final four, then lose the championship game. One of those times it was to Tennessee, a team we had already beaten three times that season. It's tough to get back to your A-game after beating what was supposed to be the main obstacle.

I recall several men's tournaments when one of the semi final games was the one with championship atmosphere...but both games had it tonight.  Hope neither team has a letdown .

Archived