Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OlderWhiskey

We Drop Two Spots in Coaches' Ranking

6 posts in this topic

We slipped back to #4 in this week's NFCA/USA Today ranking of the Top 25.  FSU maintained the top spot, while Florida and Oregon (the only undefeated team) edged into the 2 and 3 slots.  No really big changes.  Texas A&M dropped from 5 to 7, and LSU dropped one notch to 13.  Tonight's opponent, Tennessee, has the same record we do,and is ranked #15.  ESPN hasn't updated its ranking yet.

I expect there is going to be a lot of shoveling around in the rankings as the season progresses. Lots of good teams are playing each other and no way that everyone can avoid the effects of their losses. Just hoping we can stay in the top eight with the schedule we play. 

Exactly.  And now the ESPN rankings are out, and we are #5 there, with Florida at #1.  I notice Alabama is 8 in the ESPN list, and 11 on the Coaches' list.  Arizona slipped past us in the ESPN ranking.  One minor surprise is that Michigan is down at #17, while Minnesota is in the Top 10.  Just something fun to watch.

Just noted on the softball site Tennessee game has been canceled tonight ...

Hallelujah! I was hoping they would cancel. Not fair to either team to play in these conditions. It's cold up here (I'm about 50 miles from Columbia). I actually checked the softball site earlier to see if there was any news about that game. I had planned to go, even bought advance tickets, but had decided last night against it. 40 degrees at gametime, with a 10-15 mph north wind. Wind chill of 28 at 8PM.

I'm wondering if MTSU might end up cancelling the game tomorrow as the high is only 41 for tomorrow.  Are you coming up for it OW??