Democratic Sen. Shaheen Introduces Bill to Investigate RT News

Auburn85

http://www.mediaite.com/online/democratic-sen-shaheen-introduces-bill-to-investigate-rt-news/

Senator Jeanne Shaheen has introduced legislation to give the Justice Department more authority to investigate RT America.

Shaheen cites a recent intel report titled Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections that focuses a lot on RT and its propaganda as well as “anti-US messaging.”

One section of the intel report that Shaheen picks up on in particular reads “RT America formally disassociates itself from the Russian Government by using a Moscow based autonomous nonprofit organization to finance its US operations. According to RT’s leadership, this structure was set up to avoid the Foreign Agents Registration Act and to facilitate licensing abroad.”

The press release from Shaheen’s office says that the legislation is meant to give the DOJ “new authority to compel organizations like RT America to produce documentation on funding sources and foreign connections.”

The senator herself tweeted out the following in announcing the legislation today:

Good reason to believe @RT_America is coordinating w/ Russian gov to misinform, undermine our democratic process 1/3

American public has a right to know if this is the case.@RT_America boasts that it can dodge our laws w/ shell corporations 2/3

A few weeks ago, Shaheen said that we need to discuss whether Russian election interference was an “act of war.”

On 3/15/2017 at 0:05 PM, Auburn85 said:

Good reason to believe @RT_America is coordinating w/ Russian gov to misinform, undermine our democratic process 1/3

So, when do we get a call to investigate the US media, and its willingness to coordinate w/ the Deep State , as it misinforms, undermines our duly elected President ? 

6 hours ago, AURaptor said:

So, when do we get a call to investigate the US media, and its willingness to coordinate w/ the Deep State , as it misinforms, undermines our duly elected President ? 

Old and busted...Statist

New hotness....Deep State

You want to look toward Canada to find out about American politics ? Mark Styne, not Samantha Bee, is where you should be looking. 

Maybe not as funny or easy on the eyes, but Mark knows a HELL of a lot more about what he's talking about than Samantha ever will when it comes to US  politics and history. 

Just now, AUUSN said:

She is now an American.

Nothing I said changes. 

30 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

So now should pressure begin to mount on cable and satellite providers to remove RT America from their programming list?

Jihad tv, aka Al Jazeera , bit it on comcast  due to poor ratings. Despite Hillary giving it the " real news " seal of approval. 

All I will say is that if some Democrats or some in the media choose to go down this "Kremlin Television" route, they better tread lightly. I could be wrong, so please correct if so, but the argument that "Trump did an interview on Kremlin Propaganda Television" stem from Trump going on Larry King's show? If that's the case, A LOT of people have gone on Larry King's show since it began airing on RT America.

Also, several people have been on Thom Hartmann's program.  I personally have no issue with RT America being on my satelite provider. I have no problem with them being allowed on television or youtube. However, if this turns out to the standard set, it may come back to bite some.

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What Raptor opposes is always easy to predict-- just tell him what a Dem favors.

Proper function of govt is what is important here. There's no case to be made, at all. Anyone w/ a brain should know this.  This is nothing more than the piling on of all things RUSSIA ! because Hillary lost, and Trump won. 

PERIOD. 

18 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Proper function of govt is what is important here. There's no case to be made, at all. Anyone w/ a brain should know this.  This is nothing more than the piling on of all things RUSSIA ! because Hillary lost, and Trump won. 

PERIOD. 

Like I said, you're a tribalist and your tribe ain't Americans, it's those in opposition to Democrats.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-appear-on-a-kremlin-propaganda-network-stelter-confronts-guest-on-russia-today/

‘Why Appear on a Kremlin Propaganda Network?’: Stelter Confronts Guest on Russia Today

Today on CNN’s Reliable Sources, host Brian Stelter brought on former CIA analyst Larry C. Johnson to discuss the recent controversy over White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer using commentary from Fox News’ Andrew Napolitano that claimed British spy agency GCHQ had been wiretapping Trump Tower.

As Stelter noted at the beginning of the segment, it appears that one can trace back Napolitano’s comments in numerous Fox segments to Johnson, who has been cited as one of the judge’s sources. (Johnson is a former Fox News contributor who is likely most known for pushing a Michelle Obama hoax.)

Johnson noted that the day after Trump sent his infamous wiretap tweets, he was interviewed on Russia Today and stated that he had known that GCHQ was passing information, though it wasn’t done at the direction of former President Barack Obama. Johnson pointed out he heard about this from two different people within the intelligence community.

“You had this second hand,” Stelter asked. “You didn’t get this information directly — you’re hearing it from others?”

“I’m hearing it from people who are in a position to know,” Johnson responded. “That’s correct. I posted that on the discussion board and one of the individuals there shared that with the judge.” He added that he’s unsure who Napolitano’s other sources are.

After a little bit of a back-and-forth over the influence and availability of RT as a media source, Stelter straight up asked Johnson, “Why appear on a Kremlin propaganda network?”

“It’s not a Kremlin propaganda network,” Johnson retorted. He then praised the network for not doing pre-interviews with their guests.

“I’m glad you’re here, I’m just concerned about the sourcing,” the CNN host replied. “The credibility here. you say it’s not a Kremlin propaganda network, we’ll put that to the side. It’s funded by Moscow. That’s why I say it that way.”

Stelter then shifted back to Napolitano, wondering if Johnson felt it was appropriate for the judge to say what he did based on third and fourth-hand sourcing.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, AUUSN said:

She is now an American.

Too bad. 

Archived