2018 3* WR Anthony Schwartz

7 posts in this topic

4_5169319.jpg

Fort Lauderdale, FL (American Heritage)

Ht 6-0 Wt 172

40 4.34

247 Profile

Offers include AU, UF, Miami, UGA, Louisville, Michigan, ND, USC

Plans to visit AU 2 times in the next few months per the article in the next post

From AU 247

Auburn receivers coach Kodi Burns is making speedster Anthony Schwartz, a 3-star recruit from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage, feel like a “priority” and that could pay off with two visits to the school in the near future, the player said.

“I haven’t visited there yet but Coach Burns, he calls me like every week pretty much,” Schwartz said. “I feel like he’s prioritizing me as his top receiver he wants to bring in. He wants me to come to the spring game, which I think I’m probably going to. And then this summer he wants me to come to like an exclusive thing with them. They take the top recruits they want and they invite them there.”

The 6-feet, 172-pound Schwartz might be the fastest recruit in the country. He’s certainly in the conversation.

His best 100 meters time to date is 10.37 seconds (last weekend) -- and that was into a headwind. His best 200 time: 20.69. 

Last spring, he won the 100 and 200 meters at state -- beating speedy Auburn running back commit Shaun Shivers in both events.

He already has earned an invitation to The Opening -- the prestigious summer event in Oregon — after running the 40-yard dash in 4.34 seconds during the Miami regional.

According to Schwartz, the primary programs in the running are “Florida, Miami, Georgia, USC, Auburn, Notre Dame and Oregon.” Florida State could be another to watch should the Seminoles offer.
He said Auburn, Florida and Oregon probably have recruited him hardest.

Schwartz wants to also run track in college. That could help Florida, Florida State and Oregon — three schools with well-known elite track and field programs. Florida and Florida State have been particularly strong in the sprints historically.

But Schwartz has liked what he has heard thus far from Auburn, particularly Burns.

“Coach Burns said he wants me to play slot and the outside,” Schwartz said. “Playing slot, do mismatches and option routes and take reverses. And then outside, stretch the field.”

Schwartz potentially could announce his commitment at The Opening the first week of July. He called his upcoming visits “important.”

“I’m looking for how they have student academics, balancing with the athletics, then how the team comes together,” Schwartz said. “And also, how many people have played early this past season and this upcoming season.”

Here is our complete interview with Schwartz ...

He could help both football team and track team