2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Is he allowed to retweet the athletes? Thought that was a violation?

1. Yes. 2. No. Some coeaches RT recruits often. Coaches basically just can't refer to a player by name in an interview or in their own tweet.

11 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think the same. Will be something to have 2 of the fastest HS players sign with us in the same year. Now, does either have returner skills we need in addition to their position skill.

Look at some of Shivers's film. He's elusive as well as very fast, doesn't go down easily and makes great cuts. I know nothing about Schwartz other than he's been a half-step faster than Shivers at a couple of track meets

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Look at some of Shivers's film. He's elusive as well as very fast, doesn't go down easily and makes great cuts. I know nothing about Schwartz other than he's been a half-step faster than Shivers at a couple of track meets

ross is not coming. We need to get you caught up on the schwartz portfolio and his work!!!! GET ON THE BANDWAGON! haha

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/20/2017 at 11:08 PM, Mikey said:

Yes. Shivers is a load. He has a low center of gravity huge thighs and has moves like you mentioned. I hope we find lots of ways to get him the ball.

22 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yes. Shivers is a load. He has a low center of gravity huge thighs and has moves like you mentioned. I hope we find lots of ways to get him the ball.

This is exactly what a lot of people said about Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith back in the day.  I’m obviously not putting that level of expectation on Worm, but I do think he’s an underrated gem.  

Ooooops!  Sorry, I just realized this is the Schwartz thread.....how about this.....If Schwartz joins this class along with Worm, we’ll have one of if not the fastest class in America!!!

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is exactly what a lot of people said about Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith back in the day.  I’m obviously not putting that level of expectation on Worm, but I do think he’s an underrated gem.  

Ooooops!  Sorry, I just realized this is the Schwartz thread.....how about this.....If Schwartz joins this class along with Worm, we’ll have one of if not the fastest class in America!!!

Schwartz without a doubt is coming here. I think Florida ruined it for themselves. He made a Twitter post claiming that he was a backup option. He is always talking to our commits and liking auburn related posts. I bet all the other commits know that he's coming too. Chip is gonna have some fun in the future... Hopefully Schwartz is more than straight line speed...I know shivers is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4-star WR Anthony Schwartz has already informed selected coaching staff of his commitment

Ready to commit, top WR target has told selected staff

By the end of the week, Anthony Schwartz no longer will be one of the top uncommitted prospects. He’ll be a committed wide receiver to either Florida or Auburn.

Schwartz is set to make his college decision Thursday during the live broadcast at the Under Armour All-America Game. While Houston entered the picture on a track-only scholarship, the speedy 4-star wide receiver from Plantation, Fla., has decided he loves football too much — his “first love” as he calls it — to stick strictly to track for now.

So it’s Florida or Auburn. And whoever it is already knows.

“I told the school I’m going to be committing to. I told them. They were just excited and can’t wait for me to come on,” Scwhartz said in Orlando this week. “I feel like it was just the right time. I finally started rushing myself. I thought everything through. I felt like this was going to be the right time. I’m taking a big weight off my back. I’m going to be relieved, excited and ready for my next chapter.”

Anthony-Schwartz-by-Sam-Spiegelman-8_iir
Auburn wide receiver target Anthony Schwartz has told the coaching staff he’s committing to. (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)

Florida led publicly for a long time, but it’s been Auburn who has gained the most traction lately.

He visited the Plains midseason for the Ole Miss game and returned for the Iron Bowl. All the while, Florida underwent a coaching change. Schwartz didn’t see as much connection with the new staff as he did the old one, which gave him some confidence regarding his decision to wait to commit. It made him feel like he made the right decision.

Auburn didn’t hesitate when the opportunity presented itself. And the Tigers’ commits did their part to make Schwartz feel welcomed at the out-of-state program.

“I have a good relationship with Shaun Shivers. We compete in track during the spring. I have a good relationship with Joey Gatewood and Matthew Hill,” Schwartz said. “They’re pretty on me [to commit]. When you going to commit? I just told them they have to wait and see.”

Schwartz’s first Auburn visit of the year came for the A-Day spring game.

That gave him an early taste of what to expect from the offense. It’s also when he started forming a tight relationship wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. Throughout the 2017 season, Schwartz noticed Auburn — a team he associated as run-only — starting to open things up more in the passing game with Jarrett Stidham.

As he watched Malik Willis and Joey Gatewood, Schwartz said he felt comfortable with what Auburn had built from a quarterback standpoint. When he decides toward the end of the week, those factors will give the Tigers a big boost.

“I saw them throwing the ball a lot more this year and then have an amazing season,” Schwartz said. “They said I’m the only receiver they’re getting at my position on the field. They want me because, the last time they were No. 1 in the nation, they had all fast receivers and were No. 1 in yards per catch with the No. 2 offense in SEC all-time.”

Even after he commits, Schwartz plans to take both officials to Auburn and Florida. With that said, Schwartz admitted it’s possible he only officially visits the school he commits to Thursday, if that’s what the coaching staff prefers.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

If we get AS, Kodi will have had a great year landing some top prospects. Kodi gets bashed a lot but it looks to me like he is becoming a better coach and recruiter.

53 minutes ago, kd4au said:

If we get AS, Kodi will have had a great year landing some top prospects. Kodi gets bashed a lot but it looks to me like he is becoming a better coach and recruiter.

eh....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

eh....

Kodi's WR corps is doing better than they did when Craig was coaching them. Much better.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/24/2017 at 8:33 PM, WFE12 said:

Schwartz without a doubt is coming here. I think Florida ruined it for themselves. He made a Twitter post claiming that he was a backup option. He is always talking to our commits and liking auburn related posts. I bet all the other commits know that he's coming too. Chip is gonna have some fun in the future... Hopefully Schwartz is more than straight line speed...I know shivers is. 

Yeah, Asa has been tweeting him a lot, which will make @GwillMac6 happy. ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Wonder if we'll be getting a BOOOOM tonight.!?

I wish Gus would put the "booom" out to pasture along with his offense

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Well that post is a different kind of boom.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well that post is a different kind of boom.

yeah, i think it has gotten stale, just like his offense............i can keep going, lol  maybe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I realize this is a recruiting thread, but really? Malzahn gets the job after having been offensive coordinator here, even has offensive success as head coach...but his offense needs to be put out to pasture? If he's not supposed to use what got him here, what is he supposed to use? I agree that it should be kept fresh by the OC (whomever it might be at the time), but I think the fundamentals of the Wing T are still pretty sound. You can't be predictable in play calling, no, and you can't run it on first down 17 straight times, either, but just scrapping the whole offense? Come on, man.

• Like 1

On a more positive note, the UAAAG starts at 5 this evening...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I realize this is a recruiting thread, but really? Malzahn gets the job after having been offensive coordinator here, even has offensive success as head coach...but his offense needs to be put out to pasture? If he's not supposed to use what got him here, what is he supposed to use? I agree that it should be kept fresh by the OC (whomever it might be at the time), but I think the fundamentals of the Wing T are still pretty sound. You can't be predictable in play calling, no, and you can't run it on first down 17 straight times, either, but just scrapping the whole offense? Come on, man.

Wing T fundamentals are strong, but the point is what has been discussed for ever and adapting the offense has not happened, just like the boom.....it was a reality and joke combined comment, even E got it!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I love the Wing but how much do you see the fundamentals of it in this offense lately?  Shotgun hand off up the middle ain't exactly the Wing but I know what you are saying.  What he runs with a RPO QB is a different story