Null



ellitor

2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

We finally got a track star

Noah Iggy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am glad to get this kid. I saw him make two plays one first pass quick out at sideline. Then second pass could have been a TD but was underthrown but he made a great adjustment. War Eagle and Welcome aboard.

On the second pass, the announcers were really complimenting his route running.  This is a huge pickup.

Edited by saminbama
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but Tutt is also a very accomplished punt returner. Will be interesting.

Matt Hill too! We got options!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

We finally got a track star

Dude we have three!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

So happy we got him. Any Desean Jackson comparisons?

Not right now but I supposed he could work up to that potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

So happy we got him. Any Desean Jackson comparisons?

I think you just made one!

Oh man, I can't wait until Labor Day weekend when I can say, "I thought this kid was the next Desean Jackson?!?!"

WAY TO GO, METAL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

We have three guys on the football team that are also on the track team?

Correct. Iggy is on roster for jumping events while Worm & Schwartz will be sprinters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct. Iggy is on roster for jumping events while Worm & Schwartz will be sprinters.

Will being on the track team in any way affect their participation in Spring practices?

Edited by aufan57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aufan57 said:

Will being on the track team in any way affect their participation in Spring practice?

Don't think so. Never has before to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. Never has before to my knowledge.

Has multi-sport been done lately?   Back in the day it was not too uncommon but can't recall anyone since Gabe to ever consider it seriously and he ended up dropping football.  Could be that since we upped he quality of our sprinters some years ago that even our fastest football players have not been in their league.  

Sounds like Schwartz might be the exception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Has multi-sport been done lately?   Back in the day it was not too uncommon but can't recall anyone since Gabe to ever consider it seriously and he ended up dropping football.  Could be that since we upped he quality of our sprinters some years ago that even our fastest football players have not been in their league.  

Sounds like Schwartz might be the exception. 

Don't know. Never looked at our track team til we signed Iggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know. Never looked at our track team til we signed Iggy.

I kinda keep a general eye on all AU sports....and we've had some really good sprinters since back in Glance's day.......but mostly I figured if a football player ended up running track or playing some other sport it would be big news. ....so mostly I've operated on the theory that no news....means nothing is happening?  :dunno: 

Iggy might be one of them but we recruit sprinters world wide.....and top HS sprinters from the region are generally not up to level of the guys we get from the Caribbean Islands and elsewhere.  

Would be a happy thought that Schwartz could measure up....not necessarily for the track possibilities but for what he could mean to the football team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I kinda keep a general eye on all AU sports....and we've had some really good sprinters since back in Glance's day.......but mostly I figured if a football player ended up running track or playing some other sport it would be big news. ....so mostly I've operated on the theory that no news....means nothing is happening?  :dunno: 

Iggy might be one of them but we recruit sprinters world wide.....and top HS sprinters from the region are generally not up to level of the guys we get from the Caribbean Islands and elsewhere.  

Would be a happy thought that Schwartz could measure up....not necessarily for the track possibilities but for what he could mean to the football team.

Schwartz has world class speed. I think world youth record for 100m? He can compete...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Schwartz has world class speed. I think world youth record for 100m? He can compete...

He be fast

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Schwartz has world class speed. I think world youth record for 100m? He can compete...

and shivers is close behind him! We got 2 world class sprinters. Our track team tailgate outings in 2018 are going to be memorable mr fred! lol

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

He be fast

Now if he can just get open and catch 🤔.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Correct. Iggy is on roster for jumping events while Worm & Schwartz will be sprinters.

I stand corrected. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Has multi-sport been done lately?   Back in the day it was not too uncommon but can't recall anyone since Gabe to ever consider it seriously and he ended up dropping football.  Could be that since we upped he quality of our sprinters some years ago that even our fastest football players have not been in their league.  

Sounds like Schwartz might be the exception. 

The last one I remember was Harry Adams in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

The last one I remember was Harry Adams in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

I believe he is cousins with shivers! Great track genes in that family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe he is cousins with shivers! Great track genes in that family.

I’m offended Gwill. How does everyone else get so many more exclamation points from you than I do? Do I not do it for you anymore? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now