2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Have we ever had a 5* DB sign with Auburn?

Trovon Reed was a 5* ATH that many schools wanted at DB which turned out to be his best position. That's the closest we came in the past 20 years.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Trovon Reed was a 5* ATH that many schools wanted at DB which turned out to be his best position. That's the closest we came in the past 20 years.

Was Florence the highest true DB?

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Always thought it was Mike McNeil to be honest. Either way I wish both of those ended differently and it worked out better when they got to Auburn......

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The problem is this: I open a thread expecting new information or meaningful content and all I get is a page or more of meaningless gifs going back and forth. It wastes time I could be using to read real posts. Now, in an occasional situation where a gif addresses the topic at hand it can be funny, but one gif addressing another gif and on and on isn't funny, it's just rude.

Well like rihanna said I am a very rude boy! lol

• Like 1

I LOVE THIS KID!!!! he just keeps recruiting for us on twitter!!! THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE!!! Irvin, Stutts, Worm and Asa taught him well!!! Def one of my favorite commits this cycle and he just got committed! lol. Hope it pays off in the end with a couple of these big fish our boys are working on. WAR EAGLE flash!

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

Mike McNeil was

Oops. My bad! I think I started looking for CB then realized halfway down we have another DR position and didn't go back up the list far enough. LOL

You were right @GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Oops. My bad! I think I started looking for CB then realized halfway down we have another DR position and didn't go back up the list far enough. LOL

You were right @GwillMac6

I knew Mike in high school since he only graduated 1 class ahead of me at Davidson. Never thought he would do what he did.............. Had a heck of a game in the natty though. Leading tackler for us if I remember correctly. 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well like rihanna said I am a very rude boy! lol

Rudeness is not necessary, it's not too late for you to change yourself. There is help available for all sorts of personal deficiencies these days. No need to go through life with this monkey on your back. Seek professional help today and you'll be glad you did.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Rudeness is not necessary, it's not too late for you to change yourself. There is help available for all sorts of personal deficiencies these days. No need to go through life with this monkey on your back. Seek professional help today and you'll be glad you did.

Rudeness is a necessity in life so Linebacker guru's do not think they can walk all over you and give unsolicited advice lol................... I guess I have not been RUDE ENOUGH! Sheesh! back to the rudeness drawing board haha.

giggle.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rudeness is a necessity in life so Linebacker guru's do not think they can walk all over you and give unsolicited advice lol................... I guess I have not been RUDE ENOUGH! Sheesh! back to the rudeness drawing board haha.

giggle.gif

3AE1B1A2-19B5-4F64-89D3-157A34DE006C.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Man, hate that I missed out on all the action in this thread. I continue to be impressed with our WR recruiting, which sometimes feels like it defies logic. Has to be one of our deepest positions already. 

Solid class. @ellitor why does it feel like we should be ranked higher on 247s class rankings? We have 8 players in the top 200 for crying out loud. NVM - Georgia and Ohio State both have 10 players within the top 100. We have one. Oh well, it still looks like a solid class to me. 

45 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Solid class. @ellitor why does it feel like we should be ranked higher on 247s class rankings? We have 8 players in the top 200 for crying out loud. NVM - Georgia and Ohio State both have 10 players within the top 100. We have one. Oh well, it still looks like a solid class to me. 

Because not every 4 * gets similar ratings. The higher a recruit is rated the more they are believed to be a difference maker. The higher a recruit is rated the more weight is place on their rating. Yes we have 8 in the top 200 but 0 in the top 100 (our 1 you referenced is a juco. They are in a different pool than HS recruits. They are rated differently & lower). Every team ranked ahead of us has at least 4 players in the top 100...

tOSU 10 (4 more 101-200)
UGA 10 (3 more 101-200)
Texas 7 (5 more 101-200)
Clemson 6 (2 more 101-200)
Bama 5 (7 more 101-200)
USC 5 (3 more 101-200)
Penn St. 4 (4 more 101-200)
Miami 4 (5 more 101-200
Oklahoma 4 (3 more 101-200)
ND 4 (3 more 101-200)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because not every 4 * gets similar ratings. The higher a recruit is rated the more they are believed to be a difference maker. The higher a recruit is rated the more weight is place on their rating. Yes we have 8 in the top 200 but 0 in the top 100 (our 1 you referenced is a juco. They are in a different pool than HS recruits. They are rated differently & lower). Every team ranked ahead of us has at least 4 players in the top 100...

tOSU 10 (4 more 101-200)
UGA 10 (3 more 101-200)
Texas 7 (5 more 101-200)
Clemson 6 (2 more 101-200)
Bama 5 (7 more 101-200)
USC 5 (3 more 101-200)
Penn St. 4 (4 more 101-200)
Miami 4 (5 more 101-200
Oklahoma 4 (3 more 101-200)
ND 4 (3 more 101-200)

I think the one I was counting was a WR. Maybe Hill? Ranked 99?

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think the one I was counting was a WR. Maybe Hill? Ranked 99?

Your right on Hill.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:20 AM, CameronCrazy said:

Have we ever had a 5* DB sign with Auburn?

JUCO CB Demond Washington was a 5-star by at least one recruiting service and a 4-star by all others. He worked out very well. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

JUCO CB Demond Washington was a 5-star by at least one recruiting service and a 4-star by all others. He worked out very well. 

Had to be Scout that gave him the 5*. Hard to know though since all Scout rankings have been wiped off the face of the Earth. Seems logical Scout had him as a 5* though given his reverse composite is a 4*, Rivals had him a tier 2 3*, 247 weren't doing their own rankings yet, & ESPN were not ranking JuCos yet.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

:thumbsup: And @ellitor, please understand, I hold you in the highest respect. 

As I do you. You were the inspiration for my new avi.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As I do you. You were the inspiration for me new avi.

Haha perfect! My last response to you was a Princess Bride quote, in case you missed it. Right after the Man in Black bests Inigo and knocks him out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1