2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

It appears that the student trainer that told me Bo ran the 40 in 4.13 in pads was likely exaggerating on the pads part. Nonetheless, the 4.13 has never been topped at Auburn as far as I know and I'm pretty sure that if that mark had been lowered it would have made headlines.

Then there's this, from the NFL combine where Bo ran it in 4.12:

"During the 1986 combine at the Superdome in New Orleans, Auburn running back Bo Jackson recorded a 4.12-second 40, a feat so extraordinary it's become part of Jackson's legend, a subject for conjecture, speculation and comparison, so much so that current combine stories qualify references to the 4.12 with words such as "reportedly," attribute the time to "rumor," or describe it as an "urban legend."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/is_bo_jackson_the_true_record-.html

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It appears that the student trainer that told me Bo ran the 40 in 4.13 in pads was likely exaggerating on the pads part. Nonetheless, the 4.13 has never been topped at Auburn as far as I know and I'm pretty sure that if that mark had been lowered it would have made headlines.

Then there's this, from the NFL combine where Bo ran it in 4.12:

"During the 1986 combine at the Superdome in New Orleans, Auburn running back Bo Jackson recorded a 4.12-second 40, a feat so extraordinary it's become part of Jackson's legend, a subject for conjecture, speculation and comparison, so much so that current combine stories qualify references to the 4.12 with words such as "reportedly," attribute the time to "rumor," or describe it as an "urban legend."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/is_bo_jackson_the_true_record-.html

Bo did run the 4.13 at Auburn. BUT he never attended the NFL combine, the 4.12 is a urban legen. 

"I did not go because I was already picked to be the first person to go in the Draft," Jackson said. "If you're going to be the first person to go in the Draft, why should you go to a combine and do all of that? It wasn't built up like it is now, now it's a TV production, it's a whole show."

Whole Article: 

http://m.raiders.com/news/article-1/Bo-Knows-40-Yard-Dashes/ddb12584-092c-4f8d-9fc7-cb8708dd4c8d

On 3/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, kd4au said:

From everything I've read about Bo, he is very competitive and if he was running a race against another person he  was not going to be beat, he could run as fast as he had to win. Lets just say that Bo was damn fast.

Not in track. He qualified for nationals but he never won a national title in track for sprints nor qualified for the Olympic trials. So yes, even at his most competitive nature , he was beat. Anthony was the fastest individual in the WORLD for his age group as a 16 year old. I love Bo, but this is urban legend stuff. He can and has been beaten. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 11:08 AM, aujeff11 said:

There is a Baylor commit that is a wee bit faster. 

Kalon just posted a 10.04.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Kalon just posted a 10.04.

* wind assisted. Nevertheless, that is blazing.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

* wind assisted. Nevertheless, that is blazing.

Yep. Barnes was +3.2 m/s and Schwartz was +2.1 m/s. Can’t say if that makes up the .03 difference or not but both are blazing fast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Yep. Barnes was +3.2 m/s and Schwartz was +2.1 m/s. Can’t say if that makes up the .03 difference or not but both are blazing fast. 

Don’t know but both have fans/ camps that talk trash to the other for a while now. Could turn into a great track rivalry. I personally think Schwartz should just give up foosball. He’s too good of a talent.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It easily could

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Hopefully they meet each other at nationals next year. I hope both of them continue strong in their track careers. Quite frankly , I think it should be a priority for those two.

• Like 2